Have you personally every suceeded at boycotting anything?

spacepope22

Dec 4, 2009
I have never used facebook for any reason. Mostly because the people I know just use it as an online diary. I don't care that they went to Denny's at two in the morning.

Phlakes

Elite Member
Mar 25, 2010
You know how Dow was losing tons of stock a while back? Yeah. That was me. Not using Dow chemicals.

bader0

Dec 7, 2010
yes. EB games australia.
well the one(or two) local to me at least. i just really hate that shop and all of the people i have seen working there. None of them know literally anything useful. I'm not an elitist and i welcome casual players but i really don't think they should be allowed to run the most successful game shop in Australia. Luckily for me there happens to be a game traders nearby with awesome staff.

JoesshittyOs

Aug 10, 2011
No.

Because unless the company is slaughtering babies, it's not gonna make the games any less fun or the food any less good.

And because it very rarely does anything.

SailorShale

Apr 3, 2010
Been boycotting Activision for 3 years now (ever since they merged with Blizzard) Pretty disgusted with their cheap tactics, and making Blizzard become part of that was the last straw.

Kernalgohd

Nov 8, 2010
I don't hold grudges against companies for dumbassery... though I'll probably be boycotting FPS games until they learn how to change the game a bit... they're kinda boring

Doom-Slayer

Ooooh...I has custom title.
Jul 18, 2009
BF3. It looks really cool, well..the MP does, the SP looks crap, but Im not buying or pirating it. I may play a copy a friends house but Im not going to posses a copy. Why? Because of the stupid Origin nonsense. Does it make the slightest bit of difference to EA? Noooope. But thats not the point.

thom_cat_

Nov 30, 2008
Left 4 Dead 2.
I said i wasn't gonna because they bitched me around with L4D1 and I haven't.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
Well that depends on what you mean by "succeeded." If you mean 'succeeded' as in stuck with it, well I'm currently refusing to buy anything published by EA which means I won't be buying Mass Effect 3 despite enjoying the previous 2 games. However if you mean 'succeeded' as in actually made a difference, then no.

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
Fluffles said:
Left 4 Dead 2.
I said i wasn't gonna because they bitched me around with L4D1 and I haven't.
I refuse to buy it because its been censored (here)..I wouldnt want to buy somthing if i know its been changed...

also the fact that it now comes with probably a 10gb download which my cap wont a agree with

Space Spoons

Aug 21, 2008
Well, I was part of the boycott against The Last Airbender movie over the "Racebending" controversy. I didn't see the movie, and I managed to talk my friends and family out of seeing it on that grounds that the casting process had been racially discriminatory (as well as highly disrespectful to the source material).

The film ended up being a box office disappointment as well as review poison, so... Mission accomplished, I guess?

AngryMongoose

Elite Member
Jan 18, 2010
Pff, no. I don't have principles. Jeeze.

Plus, I judge things right at the beginning. I don't so much boycott things as avoid them entirely.

mysecondlife

Feb 24, 2011
nekoali said:
After finding out about how Target and Chick-fil-a have funded anti-LGBT political candidates and organizations I have refused to shop at them again. And I have yet felt any desire to break that boycott.
Chick-fil-a's pretty religious food chain. They don't even open on sundays so no surprises there.

zombflux

Oct 7, 2009
L4D2. Was one of the first to decide to boycott the game, was never even tempted to buy it.

starhaven

Jan 24, 2010
EAS origin service until they remove their spyware i wont this looks like i will miss out on mass effect 3 though thats gonna hurt but ea will recive no money from me until then