HD Remake of Beyond Good & Evil Coming to XBLA and PSN

smudgey

May 8, 2008
Absolutely. Must. Buy. This. Game.... err, Again. Already got the Cube version, would love to see it in HD.

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
Loved the game, and glad to see its getting another chance to prove itself! And in HD too!

The Real Sandman

Oct 12, 2009
Beyond Good and Evil wasn't a perfect game. It was a little too short...

...and that's about it really.

Everything else is just fucking awesome! Who woulda thought that a game with forced vehical, stealth, and "run-away" sections could not just be playable, but also be more fun than a barrel of the most wimsical monkies. The controls are tight and fluid, the story is above average, the characters are interesting and deep (Double H FTW), the environments and overall art deco are gorgeous, the puzzles are clever, and the sence of scope is immense.

Basically, Beyond Good and Evil is what a Zelda game would be if Miyamoto and the rest of Nintendo had balls.

Wandrecanada

Oct 3, 2008
One can only wonder why it took them this long to do a high def remake. I mean it's possibly the most talked about sleeper hit of all time.

The Bandit

Feb 5, 2008
I've never played it, but I'll buy it so they'll get around to making Beyond Good and Evil 2. That trailer was effing awesome.

zelda2fanboy

Oct 6, 2009
This was number one on my Christmas list the year it came out, but my parents did all their shopping in November immediately before it was released. :( Never had the money for it again, even though it was bargain priced within a month.

kintaris

Apr 5, 2010
Awesome. Now if only by some miracle Ico/SotC could be released on XBLA too, then I'd have a nostlagiagasm.

Though part of the charm of the original was its earthy, slightly smudgy look. Anyone worried that the remaster might deny the game some of its charm? Kind of like when Aardman made Flushed Away?

Hopefully this will also result in a proper release of a remastered soundtrack.

TheDoctor455

Friendly Neighborhood Time Lord
Apr 1, 2009
GamesB2 said:
Again, my response...

YES!

The only news that could top this is 'Beyond Good and Evil 2 coming out tomorrow'.
That was exactly what I was thinking.
The only thing that would make the remake better is if it were free for people who already bought the original.

Plinglebob

Team Stupid-Face
Nov 11, 2008
I'm probably going to get this even though I own it on the PC because platformers on the PC are a pain.

SplashyAxis

May 1, 2010
This is one of those games that passed me by when it was released, and I regret not picking it up when I had the oppertunity. Good to know I'll be given a second chance, looking forward to this.

Corven

Forever Gonzo
Sep 10, 2008
This was one of the most hyped up cult classics I've ever come across, I picked it up several years ago since so many people said it was a hidden gem, but it was merely average to me, I mean it had it's moments but it wasn't spectacular as most people made it out to be in my opinion.