HD Remake of Beyond Good & Evil Coming to XBLA and PSN

Thaius

Mar 5, 2008

Sorry, give me a second to collect my thoughts on this bit of news in the safety of a spoiler tag.

HOLY CRAP HOLY CRAP HOLY CRAP! It's not Beyond Good and Evil 2, but it's still really, really awesome! An HD remake of one of the greatest, most under-appreciated games ever made!!! And maybe if it does well they'll get back on the horse and eventually release Beyond Good and Evil 2! Maybe if a bunch of us buy this they'll know how awesome a sequel would be, and maybe this re-release could expand the fanbase so they have more financial reason to make a sequel! Maybe! I could all happen, and it's starting soon! Beyond that, how awesome will this be???? The game was already gorgeous for its time, so how much better will it look with updated graphics and textures?!?!? And remastered music?!? One of gaming's greatest soundtrack is being remastered for an HD remake! HOLY CRAP HOLY CRAP HOLY CRAP!!!! I'M SO FREAKING PSYCHED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*long, loud fanboy squeal*

Ahem... Well, this looks pretty awesome. I look forward to playing this masterpiece once again: but in HD.

Rad Party God

Party like it's 2010!
Feb 23, 2010
That's great and all, people will finally glimpse the greatness this game has to offer and now in HD and with Achievements/Trophies.

BUT... where the hell is my BG&E 2 !????

Jumplion

Mar 10, 2008
Virgil said:
Jumplion said:
Some might say "you can program your gamepad to the computer, why not do that?" and I'll say "I'm lazy. And I don't want to fuck up my computer even more."
Newer games that are designed to use the Xbox controller as a PC gamepad actually work very well, with no configuration needed. I played through The Last Remnant on the PC with an Xbox controller, and you couldn't tell the difference between it and a console game.
Ps3 gamer here, so I wouldn't want to buy an extra 360 controller peripheral just to play the game "properly". PSN it is for me.

Speakercone

May 21, 2010
Plinglebob said:
I'm probably going to get this even though I own it on the PC because platformers on the PC are a pain.
How much of a pain is it on PC? I borrowed the old PS2 one back in 2004 and returned it when I was done, so I was thinking of picking up a copy on Steam. I'm just worried that it'll be more frustrating than fun with a mouse/keyboard setup.

Cadapalo

Jun 8, 2010
What's so great about this game? I'm not trying to undermine it in anyway but just want to know what it is that make people giddy about it. I guess it's one of those you had to be there to know kind of situations. Maybe?

Plinglebob

Team Stupid-Face
Nov 11, 2008
Speakercone said:
Plinglebob said:
I'm probably going to get this even though I own it on the PC because platformers on the PC are a pain.
How much of a pain is it on PC? I borrowed the old PS2 one back in 2004 and returned it when I was done, so I was thinking of picking up a copy on Steam. I'm just worried that it'll be more frustrating than fun with a mouse/keyboard setup.
Most platformers (include BG&E) are designed with analogue controls in mind and so careful platforming sections can become frustrating on a keyboard becasue you're either running at full pelt or stopped. You may be able to program an analogue joypad (like the 360 one) to work with it though.

Speakercone

May 21, 2010
Plinglebob said:
Speakercone said:
Plinglebob said:
Most platformers (include BG&E) are designed with analogue controls in mind and so careful platforming sections can become frustrating on a keyboard becasue you're either running at full pelt or stopped. You may be able to program an analogue joypad (like the 360 one) to work with it though.
Yeah, I figured as much. thanks for the advice all the same. :)

Hawaiigm

Apr 11, 2008
My hope is that soon they'll make a sequel with an equally misleading title. Something like "Strong Female Protagonist" When you play a dude.

Skratt

Dec 20, 2008
Hmm, I wonder if they will release this version for Steam - or maybe update the steam version as well? I'll probably pick it up on XBOX anyway, but still...