HEATWAVE UK Edition. Where the hell is the wind?

Mr Companion

Jul 27, 2009
I'm in Penzance (Cornwall) and it's damn hot here too. It's at that level of breezeless heat where I can lie still in the shade in nothing but my boxer shorts and still be too hot.

I hate Summer, I love Winter.

Basement Cat

Keeping the Peace is Relaxing
Jul 26, 2012
Bobular said:
Catnip1024 said:
Bobular said:
I've had a Muslim[footnote]Relevant due to Muslims are fasting at the moment making things worse for them[/footnote] man pass out in front of my stall.
Out of curiousity, did they give the guy water? Because that must throw up some tricky situations for paramedics (more so if he's on his own / there are language barriers)
I don't think they did. I didn't see everything that happened as when the first aid officer arrived I left it to them, he was slightly to the side of where my stall was, I saw him go down but couldn't see him afterwards so I had to leave my stall to actually see if he was alright.

I believe there are exceptions to the whole fasting thing and I think medical reasons is one of them and they called his mum over on the tannoy.
Health and medical reasons do serve as exceptions so if someone passes out from dehydration they should be provided water--carefully, of course, a little at a time so their body accepts it rather than suffering dry heaves.

Headdrivehardscrew

Aug 22, 2011
Try to warm up to the thought of taking a hot shower once or twice a day.

I used to long for ice cubes, ice cream and cold showers in hot weather, but traveling taught me that hot showers and hot (as in spicy) food help adapting much more quickly than the futile fight of the extremes.

iwinatlife

Aug 21, 2008
I was about to comment on the fact that 35 C is not very hot then I remember you guys dont have air conditioning in every building.
Living in texas I once worked in a place that had such a powerful air condtioner system that the back pressure kept the doors from closing. Inside was 20 C outside was 39 C.