Hello, Elliot Page

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Who the fuck cares about what Elliot Page wants to call themselves and their marital status. The only people who should care are those that are imminently about to be in their pants.

Reactions: happyninja42

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
I hate celebrity culture, just let people live their lives, it's not our business what happened, if someone scrutinized your life likee that I bet you'd find tha very distressing @Dwarvenhobble
People were literally talking about it in this thread and I figured I wouldn't make a new thread I'd just post the update here as it's relevant and people were asking.

As for find it very distressing, well people have been theory crafting about my life here a bit recently lol and long ago I got the fun of coming into a thread all about something I'd written.

What's your problem with me bringing up the news here when people were asking about it?

If Elliot Page is here and wishes to say something then let him, but I honestly doubt he cares about some internet forum posting news that is literally all over a number of news sites right now.

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
I, too, often enter topics to proclaim that I don't care about what is being discussed, and to shame others for daring to discuss it, because I need people to know about my uninterest!

Kae

That which exists in the absence of space.
Legacy
Nov 27, 2009
Country
The Dreamlands
People were literally talking about it in this thread and I figured I wouldn't make a new thread I'd just post the update here as it's relevant and people were asking.

As for find it very distressing, well people have been theory crafting about my life here a bit recently lol and long ago I got the fun of coming into a thread all about something I'd written.

What's your problem with me bringing up the news here when people were asking about it?

If Elliot Page is here and wishes to say something then let him, but I honestly doubt he cares about some internet forum posting news that is literally all over a number of news sites right now.
My problem is that I think it's really weird and kinda gross, also this thread was dead for like a month or whatever, but yeah I doubt Elliot cares, it's still weird though, I don't really understand why people care about celebrities personal lives or whatever, also it's not like you had to answer that question for them, it's something you chose to do.
I, too, often enter topics to proclaim that I don't care about what is being discussed, and to shame others for daring to discuss it, because I need people to know about my uninterest!
I mean it's not even the first time I've made this point about this topic, even regarding this person in particular, I don't really mind discussing the topic of the politics surrounding the situation, medical implications and so on but when we start to look into people's personal lives it gets like really weird and it's kinda creepy that people choose to keep up with that stuff, like I get it's pretty common for people to do that but it seems like a really weird thing to care about.
But I guess I'm the kind of person(?) that really values privacy.

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
Who the fuck cares about what Elliot Page wants to call themselves and their marital status. The only people who should care are those that are imminently about to be in their pants.
Funny, because I could say that about video games every time someone demands more gay fighting game characters.

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
My problem is that I think it's really weird and kinda gross, also this thread was dead for like a month or whatever, but yeah I doubt Elliot cares, it's still weird though, I don't really understand why people care about celebrities personal lives or whatever, also it's not like you had to answer that question for them, it's something you chose to do.

I mean it's not even the first time I've made this point about this topic, even regarding this person in particular, I don't really mind discussing the topic of the politics surrounding the situation, medical implications and so on but when we start to look into people's personal lives it gets like really weird and it's kinda creepy that people choose to keep up with that stuff, like I get it's pretty common for people to do that but it seems like a really weird thing to care about.
But I guess I'm the kind of person(?) that really values privacy.
Well you could just not open the thread?

It's been dead for a month but new stuff happened.

Some in here were speculating about what was going to happen.

I posted the news of what has now happened because I happened to come across it.

I didn't answer any question as such.

Worgen

Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Funny, because I could say that about video games every time someone demands more gay fighting game characters.
You could, but this is a personal matter with Elliot. Video game stuff doesn't really matter but this is a deliberate intrusion into their life for no reason other then to ***** and moan about it. Fixating on this is just creepy and stalkerish since it doesn't matter what they do, its their shit, they aren't a politician who sets laws, they are an actor who has been in a couple games. Get the fuck over it and leave them to their shit.

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
You could, but this is a personal matter with Elliot. Video game stuff doesn't really matter but this is a deliberate intrusion into their life for no reason other then to ***** and moan about it. Fixating on this is just creepy and stalkerish since it doesn't matter what they do, its their shit, they aren't a politician who sets laws, they are an actor who has been in a couple games. Get the fuck over it and leave them to their shit.
As it was already pointed out, Elliot could have simply not posted this update online. Celebrities don't usually want the public to leave them alone in their private lives. Part of becoming famous is they tend to do stupid shit to try and keep themselves famous.

If Elliot wanted this private, he would have kept it as such.

Reactions: Dwarvenhobble

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
As it was already pointed out, Elliot could have simply not posted this update online. Celebrities don't usually want the public to leave them alone in their private lives. Part of becoming famous is they tend to do stupid shit to try and keep themselves famous.

That's not really how celebrity works. If he didn't make a statement, what would follow would be months of media speculation and invasive paparazzi. There will be a story, whether they want to publicly state anything or not; making the statement yourself just allows you to get ahead of it and pre-empt endless fabrication and invasion-of-privacy.

Worgen

Legacy
Apr 1, 2009

Elliot is an actor, actors kinda need to make some kinda public statement. But this is a beyond stupid topic to harp on so damn much unless you are planning on getting their pants and I don't think you have a chance with them.

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
I saw the thing in passing.
People here were on about it.
I figured if they hadn't hear it might be of interest to them.
This stuff is all over the news.

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
Elliot is an actor, actors kinda need to make some kinda public statement. But this is a beyond stupid topic to harp on so damn much unless you are planning on getting their pants and I don't think you have a chance with them.
Bull.

Plenty of actors dont say shit about who they date.

Who is Seth Rogan dating?
Who is Henry Cavill with?

There are a ton of celebrities that dont advertise their every relationship.

The actors that do make posts strictly do it for the attention and nothing more.

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
Bull.

Plenty of actors dont say shit about who they date.

Who is Seth Rogan dating?
Vases. That's why he's so angry on twitter I presume

Who is Henry Cavill with?
His PC or his 2D waifu.

There are a ton of celebrities that dont advertise their every relationship.

The actors that do make posts strictly do it for the attention and nothing more.
Sorry couldn't resist making a few jokes

Reactions: CriticalGaming

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
I like to think Henry has a love/hate relationship with that Aorus cooler because it got one up on him during installation and he had to redo it.
Actually didn't he date Gina Carano for a while? I remember thinking it was a big coincidence that she'd make a great Wonder Woman.