Help Haiti by Playing Halo

Vlane

Sep 14, 2008
Ok time to pick up that 360 controller and spend the day playing Halo 3.

I already donated 200 € but hey this time it's "free".

blalien

Jul 3, 2009
Ya know, you could just donate a dollar to the Red Cross. And then play whatever game you want. Sorry if I can't get teary-eyed over a multi-million dollar company giving away its pocket change as long as you pay attention to them.

Legion

Were it so easy
Oct 2, 2008
As it has been said before:

- If people truly want to help then they should just donate £1/$1 of their own cash; it is 10 times the amount and hardly taxing for people.

- If Bungie truly cared, they'd just give the money up right rather than making people play their damn game to donate. What this translates to is "If you play our game we will show compassion to dying people, if you don't we won't.".

Obviously this is better than nothing but still, all this "They are amazing and generous" crap is kind of worrisome.

Logan Westbrook

Transform, Roll Out, Etc
Feb 21, 2008
hansari said:
Logan Westbrook said:
If you're a little strapped for cash but still want to donate money to the relief efforts for Haiti, then Bungie might just be able to help you out.
Hold on.

If you can afford xboxlive, how can you be so "strapped for cash" that you can't just pitch in money yourself. Skip the middle man, give ten cents yourself. (if you wanna feel like a cheap b*st*rd :p)
Perhaps you paid for you Xbox Live membership up front, because it's cheaper to do so? Or perhaps you bought your membership for the month, not expecting there to be a major humanitarian appeal part way through, and so didn't budget accordingly.

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
Ah...77,000.

Bungie and their number 7.

Good on them. It's probably hit 77k already at this point, though. Considering the number of Halo games played.

Standby

Jul 24, 2008
Yeah what a great message, 'sit on your ass and play videogames, we'll donate the money and sort out all the difficult bits for you', nevermind the fact that Bungie could easily donate the $77k without you all playing the game, but oh no god forbid, then people would not know the generosity of bungie!
If they really wanted to help why don't they supply those maps or gamemodes with in-game advertising, the revenue of which could go towards Haiti too, i'm sure that not many people would object to seeing a billboard for Coke if it meant that the donation went from 10 cents from every player to a dollar (exact figure may be different, i don't specialize in marketing or advertising, i'm not an asshole) it's for a good cause right?

BlumiereBleck

Dec 11, 2008
yeaaaah noooooo. these corporations aren't helping at all. They are just saying they will but never do. And the only reason anyone gives a fuck about that country because obama wants to help. the king of claiming stupid people to believe in lies is back again

ostro-whiskey

Aug 23, 2009
Lol, give me a break. Nature tried to put these guys out of their misery, now others are giving them cash so they can linger on in prolonged suffering.

LiquidGrape

Sep 10, 2008
ostro-whiskey said:
Lol, give me a break. Nature tried to put these guys out of their misery, now others are giving them cash so they can linger on in prolonged suffering.
Well that's disturbing.

Skullkid4187 said:
And the only reason anyone gives a fuck about that country because obama wants to help.
And that's sad.

I think the idea is a great COMPLEMENT to regular donations.
Seriously, unless you're a heartless excuse of a human being -- contribute to Doctors Without Borders or any similar organization.

GamingAwesome1

May 22, 2009
That's a nice gesture.

I do not own (or like) Halo 3 but it's still a nice way to help out some unlucky folk.

Geo Da Sponge

May 14, 2008
Undead Warfare said:
Haiti was a dying place before the quake and suddenly it happens, and the world is is rushing to its aid. I am aware of the UN missions, I just didn't see a lot of coverage on it as I saw on the earthquake. Fuck you people acting like you give a shit just because some people ACTUALLY do. Either way its just another dying country, boohoo.
Oh I'm sorry, now that other people are helping have you lost your sense of self righteousness? You totally caught me there, I was about to go and donate some money to help but now I won't.

And let's look at this properly; Bungie is almost certainly going to donate all that money, irrelevant of how many people play. This is just a nice way for people to feel like they're taking part.

Skullkid4187 said:
yeaaaah noooooo. these corporations aren't helping at all. They are just saying they will but never do. And the only reason anyone gives a fuck about that country because obama wants to help. the king of claiming stupid people to believe in lies is back again
You know, when one person says they want to do something good and loads of people want to follow him and do good things too, I think that's a positive thing. There's a word for it, what is it now; oh yeah, inspirational. I'm also fairly sure that donating $77,000 will help. Bungie could go back on it, but are you seriously suggesting that they would risk looking like the biggest bastards in the world and being the target of dozens of lawsuits just because they want to increase the number of people online for one day?

Skeleton Jelly

Nov 1, 2009
awsome117 said:
Undead Warfare said:
Haiti was a dying place before the quake and suddenly it happens, and the world is is rushing to its aid. I am aware of the UN missions, I just didn't see a lot of coverage on it as I saw on the earthquake. Fuck you people acting like you give a shit just because some people ACTUALLY do. Either way its just another dying country, boohoo.
Sorry other people care to help others in time of peril. We should be ashamed of ourselves...

OT: If I wasn't sick, I would be playing right now. Once I get better, I will change my emblem immediately.
You know its fine that everyone is helping, its just retarded that NOW all the public starts giving a shit about the country. Even then they're only giving a shit to make themselves look better.

Skeleton Jelly

Nov 1, 2009
And honestly, just like the map pack restrictions being put off, its just another way to get their massively decreasing pop back up.

awsome117

Jan 27, 2009
Undead Warfare said:
awsome117 said:
Undead Warfare said:
Sorry other people care to help others in time of peril. We should be ashamed of ourselves...

OT: If I wasn't sick, I would be playing right now. Once I get better, I will change my emblem immediately.
You know its fine that everyone is helping, its just retarded that NOW all the public starts giving a shit about the country. Even then they're only giving a shit to make themselves look better.
Or maybe because a major disaster happened, and people feel like they should do something to help? I mean, what do you want people to do? Drop whatever they're doing to help a country out all the time? People can only do so much.

And hold up a second. Could, maybe for a second, people actually do GOOD things without having something to gain out of it? I know that's a hard concept for you to understand, but bear with me for a minute...

Sure, Bungie could just give Haiti the 77K. But, they're are getting other people (their fan base) involved as well. Maybe, just maybe, to get them to do nice for other people. And after this, they'll start doing other nice things for people without rewards.

But hey, I give the human race too much credit I guess...