Help save Fable!

Parkway91

Sep 1, 2011
llikemikemilkshake said:
I thought that was one of the few improvements to the game.. It meant you could actually outfit your character however you wanted rather than having everyone who plays wearing the exact same thing.
True, I agree with you, so more variety of higher level weapons and armour would be fantastic.

go-10

Feb 3, 2010
Zelcor said:
Fable is one of my favorite games of all time. Fable 2 and 3 are some of the worst games of all time.

Lionhead sucks for this very fact, that and their refusal to expand the Black and White universe.

I'll never forgive them for these two things.
in all fairness both Fable and Black & White should have blended together and become something greater all together, that's what Fable 2 should have been, I now don't care for this series anymore

Limecake

May 18, 2011
I don't see the hate for Fable 2, it was by far my favorite of the franchise it took what was good in the first game and expanded on it. added new things and allowed for a wider range of customization.

Fable was good but not great, I played it and enjoyed it but for the most part it wasn't an amazing game, it was way too short and fairly shallow in the stuff we take for granted nowadays (side stuff, stuff to spend money on) not to mention you had next to no control on how your character looked (you couldn't even be a girl)

Fable III was terrible though, it took everything I liked about 2 (expanded world, more freedom to do what you wanted) and threw it out the window. Not to mention the whole king thing was stupid, why can't we deal with all my promises after the apocalypse?

so if you're looking for a sequel to the first game I can't help you, I always thought it was overrated and shallow.

but I've always been pretty disappointed with Lionhead studios (looking at you black and white)

DailonCmann

Nov 6, 2010
Hunter65416 said:
Ive recently started a thread on the lionhead forums (http://lionhead.com/forums/p/306662/3703945.aspx)

And created a petition (http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/help-save-the-fable-franchise.html)

The petiton is for all who loved and have fond memories the original on the xbox and pc.
This is for the people that enjoyed the original fable and want a sequel thats true to it and not another gimmicky shallow gaming experiance. You can help by signing the petition which i'll eventually send to lionhead and by spreading the word EVERYWHERE, Thanks

Remember, Best thing you can do is spread it,

Spread on the forums,Spread it on your Facebook,Spread it on your twiter, Spread it on your toast
Bro, this is never ever going to work. Internet petions hold no sway over millions, if not billions, of dollars at stake. You what would? Start a Kickstarter to try and raise some money for it. Tim Schafer did it, and he has two million so far. That's still a long shot, but a better idea.

Agow95

Jul 29, 2011
I gave up on Fable straight after III, I loved TLC, but then Molyneux thought the best way too treat an rpg is to simplify it to the level that a duck could play it, the game is less complex than most rpg's though, seeing as the only stat is, better damage, and better armour rating, and the experiance system seemed pretty standard, use melee, you become better at it, and get some bonus general XP to spend on other stuff, I was 9 when I first played TLC, no problems.

George Barrow

Sep 5, 2011
Limecake said:
I don't see the hate for Fable 2, it was by far my favorite of the franchise it took what was good in the first game and expanded on it. added new things and allowed for a wider range of customization.

Fable was good but not great, I played it and enjoyed it but for the most part it wasn't an amazing game, it was way too short and fairly shallow in the stuff we take for granted nowadays (side stuff, stuff to spend money on) not to mention you had next to no control on how your character looked (you couldn't even be a girl)

Fable III was terrible though, it took everything I liked about 2 (expanded world, more freedom to do what you wanted) and threw it out the window. Not to mention the whole king thing was stupid, why can't we deal with all my promises after the apocalypse?

so if you're looking for a sequel to the first game I can't help you, I always thought it was overrated and shallow.

but I've always been pretty disappointed with Lionhead studios (looking at you black and white)
^This, this, A THOUSAND TIMES THIS

CommanderL

May 12, 2011
Fable cant be saved its been dying a slow painful death the best we can do is put it out of its missery grab it and snuff out the tortured remains of a once great series

x EvilErmine x

Cake or death?!
Apr 5, 2010
Ah...I see it seems that I am the only one who likes Fable 3...Ok I'll just go stand over here in this corner then *sigh..walks off with head down*

Edit

Woo hoo another person who likes 3

Apr 28, 2008
x EvilErmine x said:
Ah...I see it seems that I am the only one who likes Fable 3 then...Ok I'll just go stand over here in this corner then *sigh..walks off with head down*
It's alright bro, I like it as well.

3 legged goat

Feb 28, 2010
I really liked Fable and the The Lost Chapters. Then I discovered that Fable games are about 4 hours long and have nothing to do afterwards. So no, Lionhead needs to make new games now.

Mayamellissa

Dec 3, 2011
I thought this was a thread that was worried about the potential on rails look that the newest game was supposedly taking. Dude as much as I love Fable (which I do) I would be more hopeful if this was a petition to make Fable 2 & 3 playable on PS3 so I can have my cake and eat it too.

Yes that was a Portal joke... thanks for noticing.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
Hunter65416 said:
Zhukov said:
who are we saving it from? The guy who made it?
Thats exactly who we're saving it from

How about you take the sane approach and make your own fantasy-RPG that submits to your own vision?

MurderousToaster

Aug 9, 2008
Zelcor said:
Fable is one of my favorite games of all time. Fable 2 and 3 are some of the worst games of all time.

Lionhead sucks for this very fact, that and their refusal to expand the Black and White universe.

I'll never forgive them for these two things.
I hate to say it, but if you say that Fable 2 and 3 are some of the worst games of all time, you must have the most padded-cell gaming life I've ever seen. Do you just buy games with over 90 Metacritic ratings or something? I've played (and enjoyed) far worse games than Fable 2 and 3.

Gottesstrafe

Oct 23, 2010
Although I agree that Fable and The Lost Chapters were probably the best entries in the series (honestly, they're the only ones with ACTUAL final boss fights), on the whole I found them to be at best average game play wise. So while I can't honestly say that I'd be invested in the series, I wish you luck in your petition none the less.

CD-R

Mar 1, 2009
They already made a Fable game that didn't suck. It's called Kingdoms of Amalour: The Reckoning. A better petition would be to get them to finish B.C.

Seriously you play as cavemen and fight dinosaurs. Why has this not been made?

RatRace123

Elite Member
Dec 1, 2009
Mayamellissa said:
I thought this was a thread that was worried about the potential on rails look that the newest game was supposedly taking. Dude as much as I love Fable (which I do) I would be more hopeful if this was a petition to make Fable 2 & 3 playable on PS3 so I can have my cake and eat it too.

Yes that was a Portal joke... thanks for noticing.
Yeah, that's what I thought it was too. Now that is something that I disagree with. In what way, aside from the license, does an on rails Kinect game resemble anything to do with Fable?

And, I actually liked 2 the best out of the series, but I will agree that 3 was fairly disappointing.