Here's The Official Amazing Spider-Man Trailer

Sonicron

Do the buttwalk!
Mar 11, 2009
Great. Now I need to change my pants. *sigh*

I am soooooo stoked for this superhero summer!

RedgraveStorm

Feb 15, 2011
I'm really looking forward to this, mainly because I never liked the Raimi films. Just their portrayal of Parker was...off. I want a funny Spider-Man,not a boring one.

Gizmo1990

Insert funny title here
Oct 19, 2010
vansau said:
Gizmo1990 said:
It looks good but then the first Green Lantern trailer looked good.

But they are releasing this in the same month as The Drak Knight Rises. Really? They are going to get killed in the Box Office and seeing as that is all most movie makers give a crap about these days I would have throught that they would wait a month.
No, it didn't. Even Warner Bros. admitted the trailer didn't look good.

The Dark Knight Rises is coming out two weeks after Spider-Man, which should be enough to give the movie a solid box office run before it's quashed by Batman.
I was talking about the first trailer. When the effects were still unfinished, at least in my opinion, it looked like it had Potential. The finished, official trailer looked like liquid Kangaroo shit.

Edit: my bad to vansau I put my keyboard down to awnser the phone and my dog walked on the enter key before I had finished my post.

PhunkyPhazon

Dec 23, 2009
Alright, alright, I'll admit it. So far this isn't looking bad at all. I'm still a little disgusted at the principals that led to this movies' conception, but this looks like it's adapting a bit more from the comics then Raimi's movies did. I'm especially glad to see Spidey wisecracking, that was by far and away the biggest thing I missed in the other movies.

I'm still not really feeling the Peter Parker portions, though. They just feel darker and angstier then they need to be. I guess there needs to be SOME angst, this is Peter Parker after all, but from what we've seen it just feels excessive.

gyroscopeboy

Nov 27, 2010
Im sorry, what the fuck is the point of rebooting something that only finished like less than 5 years ago? Reboot something that we don't all remember vividly.

Andronicus

Terror Australis
Mar 25, 2009
I'll probably end up liking it, but I still hate what this movie stands for, ie. the series that never needed to be rebooted, especially so soon after a perfectly good trilogy, purely for the sake of money.

With that in mind... MORE SPIDEY! I just hope Garfield isn't an annoying dick.

Sep 30, 2010
I really dislike Spiderman but this trailer actually looked kinda good. I'll probably check this out through netflix when it comes out on dvd though, I'd rather not pay to watch this in a theater.

Aisaku

Jul 9, 2010
Jorec said:
Is Martin Sheen playing Uncle Ben?
Correct.

It's going to be hard not to think of the illusive man while watching this. I'll be half expecting him to turn against Peter 'for the sake of humanity' XD

antipunt

Jan 3, 2009
Daystar Clarion said:
As long it's:

*Punch*

Crack a joke

*Punch*

Crack a joke

*Punch*

Crack a joke.

Spidey almost rivals Deadpool for being a smartarse.
Which is why I love him :D

But yeah, yessss! want want want. Finally, a dark spiderman movie that doesn't have the immature levity that was in the original trilogy

Aiddon_v1legacy

Nov 19, 2009
I'm suddenly realizing why Raimi scaled back Spidey's smartass behavior: because it makes him sound like a DICK. The reason Deadpool could get away with it without looking like a douche is because his stories are COMEDIES

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
I didn't know Leary was going to be in this. Or playing someone pivotal.

gigastar said:
Also, that said, i bet at some point he will run out of web. Its just something thats doomed to happen.
He didn't even need webshooters to have trouble in the second Spider-Man.

Baron_BJ

Tired. Cold. Bored.
Nov 13, 2009
Why do I keep reading people say that this is close to the books, that is bullshit. Let's list off a couple of things:

First, Stacey appears to be an aggressive dipshit and is hounding Spider-Man. He supported Spider-Man in the comics and stood up for him, not to mention he doesn't look old enough, the character is meant to have grey hair.

Secondly, that's not the fucking lizard, you can see the lizard clearly if you pause the video and it confirms the following picture of him:

This is the fucking lizard:

Flash Thompson: OK, this one is nitpicky and minor, but is it that hard to find a big, built blonde guy? Is it that fucking hard?

This costume is balls. The first movie got the costume right, the points for getting the costume right were taken away however because Tobey Maguire and Kirsten Dunst were fucking TERRIBLE actors who looked faaaaaaar too old for the roles.

This is a full body shot of the new suit:
Aside from the design looking like shit, what in the fuck is it made of? It looks like he stitched a bunch of basketballs together, ran through a sharpie factory and glued the soles of a fucking shoe to his feet.

What was wrong with this design? It was spot on and you were applauded for sticking to the right fucking suit, how do you fuck this up? It would have been cheaper to use the old one!

NEXT ON THE LIST: People are raving about "Oh it's Gwen Stacey, yeah, like in the comics!". This film is clearly set in highschool, he didn't meet Gwen Stacey until college and even then Mary Jane was in the comics BEFORE Gwen was, this was because Their aunts were friends and trying to pair them up. Now, in the HIGHLY unlikely event that this is set in college then they've gotten Flash wrong because they learned to become friends in college and Thompson became far less of a thug in those times to facilitate their merged social group. During High School he dated Betty Brant.

THE LIZARD AGAIN: The lizard isn't from fucking New York! He and his family lived in FLORIDA and in the beginning most of their encounters happened IN FLORIDA. His family didn't move to New York until far, far, faaaaar later.

The Parents; Aside from the fact that his parents and their lives and almost universally reviled in the comics and the fact that it's a fucking TERRIBLE idea: They had NOTHING to do with mother fucking OSCORP! They also never left behind a mysterious box of bullshit. They were agents that worked as agents of the CIA and SHIELD (something they can't do because Marvel is using the rights to SHIELD in their Movies) and were killing in action by the Red Skull and the communists (once against, people hated the entire thing), this plotline could never be done right because the rights to the Red Skull belong to Marvel (Much like how since Fox has the rights to Fantastic Four they also own the rights to use the Skrulls).

There's also no Jameson; he was there from #1! He's one of the main reasons people hate and fear peter! He is fucking crucial to the plot!

I found all those problems from watching that trailer ONCE. Fuck knows what else they got wrong, I could go back and watch is again, but my god I don't want to.

If I meet someone in real life who says that this shit is loyal to the comics I swear to god I will kick them in the nuts.

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
It doesn't look bad...but you can't un-mask Spidey in the first movie! Also I can't wait to see how Lizard looks once they've cleaned up the CGI a bit...or a lot. As for the suit, I'm guessing that the big twist at the end (ie: post credit bonus clip) will be about this Peter being the 2099 Peter. The colors for that suit are about right for that era after all.

Right Hook

May 29, 2011
Wow now everyone is switching from hate to love, oh you guys! Is this really all it takes? I've been fairly indifferent up until now and so I remain. Could be good, could suck, whatever. I like the dude playing Spider-Man, he has a good Spidey voice and the costume is decent. The Lizard's look seems kinda lame from what little I saw of it. Emma Stone is actually getting on my nerves, maybe it is the little bit of hipster DNA that burns in me but I hate when people obsess over someone to the point where that person isn't nearly as good as they are popular, that is what she is and I am annoyed. Dennis seems like a cool addition and all the other aspects of the trailer seem decent. All that said, plenty of bad movies have good trailers and vice/versa. Also if it does bomb and that does end up meaning Marvel Studios gets the rights back, I may be even more happy, I love the idea of every character being under one banner, Damn you X-Men: First Class for being really good!

ecoho

Jun 16, 2010
Daystar Clarion said:
As long it's:

*Punch*

Crack a joke

*Punch*

Crack a joke

*Punch*

Crack a joke.

Spidey almost rivals Deadpool for being a smartarse.
i agree with this statement completly. if they pull off wise cracking spidy i will not only see this but buy it on dvd. as for the webshooters I grew up with the good spidy cartoon you know the bad ass 90s one? webshooters make it more nerdy like he was ment to be.

Baron_BJ

Tired. Cold. Bored.
Nov 13, 2009
Shoggoth2588 said:
It doesn't look bad...but you can't un-mask Spidey in the first movie! Also I can't wait to see how Lizard looks once they've cleaned up the CGI a bit...or a lot. As for the suit, I'm guessing that the big twist at the end (ie: post credit bonus clip) will be about this Peter being the 2099 Peter. The colors for that suit are about right for that era after all.
Spider-Man 2099:

Amazing Spider-Man Movie Costume:

They don't resemble each other even remotely. Spider-Man 2099 isn't a version of Peter, it's another guy entirely. Hell, they're not even the same ethnicity. 2099 is Miguel O'Hara, a man of Mexican and Irish descent. He and Spider-Man don't even share the same powers.

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
Baron_BJ said:
Shoggoth2588 said:
Spider-Man 2099:

Amazing Spider-Man Movie Costume:

They don't resemble each other even remotely. Spider-Man 2099 isn't a version of Peter, it's another guy entirely. Hell, they're not even the same ethnicity. 2099 is Miguel O'Hara, a man of Mexican and Irish descent. He and Spider-Man don't even share the same powers.
Noted: my comparison comes from the color palette used in Shattered Diminsion/ Edge of Time. Besides, if they turn Lizard into a naked Reptile then they very well could turn Peter and Miguel into the same person. They could call it a return of the Clone Saga or something.