Here's Why Freddy Krueger's In Mortal Kombat

Sir Prize

Dec 29, 2009
Not all that werid actually, at the very least he fits better into that world than Kratos. Now all they need is Jason, but jokes aside In think there's one big issue with Freddy being there...

It's not his style, as FalloutJack pointed out. The guy never really fights as such and can only enter a dream. He CANNOT do much in the phsyical world at least compared his power in dreams, not to mention someone would have to bring him back from the dead/hell.

Yes I know this is Mortal Kombat and that as such, things such as a camo's cannon are sometimes thrown out the window. I just question how this works.

Who knows, maybe they'll add V next time.

Stabby Joe

Jul 30, 2008
pspman45 said:
you could have given us Frost instead
at least she doesn't cost money to license
Warner Bros. own Nightmare on Elm Street and Mortal Kombat, so what's the license fee?

Also most of the new character's weren't very popular (with the exception of Kenshi) and Frost was a very underwhelming character, just female Sub-Zero. Plus we've already got a Cyber version.

pspman45

Sep 1, 2010
Stabby Joe said:
pspman45 said:
Warner Bros. own Nightmare on Elm Street and Mortal Kombat, so what's the license fee?

Also most of the new character's weren't very popular (with the exception of Kenshi) and Frost was a very underwhelming character, just female Sub-Zero. Plus we've already got a Cyber version.
well, I liked frost quite a bit.
And the inclusion of Freddy seems desperate, sort of like a "hey, remember me from those movies that are classics but in retrospect were pretty crap? now you can play as me in a game where I have absolutely no relation!"
I would rather see old MK characters than obvious cash ins on old pop culture icons

Stabby Joe

Jul 30, 2008
pspman45 said:
Stabby Joe said:
pspman45 said:

well, I liked frost quite a bit.
And the inclusion of Freddy seems desperate, sort of like a "hey, remember me from those movies that are classics but in retrospect were pretty crap? now you can play as me in a game where I have absolutely no relation!"
I would rather see old MK characters than obvious cash ins on old pop culture icons
Perhaps they felt they could add something outside besides Kratos, something crazy for the 360 owners to. I don't know but I see what you're saying however. For me personally I would have liked to have seen Goro since you can actually play as him at one point and unlike Shao Kahn he's not cheap, thus balanced more.

pspman45

Sep 1, 2010
Stabby Joe said:
Perhaps they felt they could add something outside besides Kratos, something crazy for the 360 owners to. I don't know but I see what you're saying however. For me personally I would have liked to have seen Goro since you can actually play as him at one point and unlike Shao Kahn he's not cheap, thus balanced more.
I'm pretty sure you can play as him in one of the challenge tower fights i think

Stabby Joe

Jul 30, 2008
pspman45 said:
Stabby Joe said:
I'm pretty sure you can play as him in one of the challenge tower fights i think
That's what I mean, the build is already there.