#HetrosexualPrideDay

wulf3n

Mar 12, 2012
Addendum_Forthcoming said:
Not much ... it's still spinning.
Let me know how it goes.

Neither is drag inherently communicative of being gay.
I never assumed it was.

The point of a pride day is to show the diversity of its membership, and to be out and proud in your expression of sexuality and identity. Hence why showing diverse examples of heterosexuals being out and proud in how they express their heterosexuality is the best way to do it.
Sure.

What else can you do?
With regards to sexuality? the simpler question is what can't I do.

And would in a sexuality pride parade.
Why can't they be out with their crossdressing and heterosexuality
Who said they couldn't in my sexuality parade?

even if dressed in lolita fashion? Surely that's the point ...
Yup.

men dressing as lolita darlings and still be heterosexual. And want people to recognize crossdressing doesn't mean gay. That there's men out there that want to be pretty, and yet are still be attracted to girls.
Sure.

Seems like a perfect addition to any heterosexual pride day that actually makes arguments about what it means to be heterosexual. Headdresses, petticoats, jumper skirts and all.
Very much so.

I wasn't after a heterosexual pride parade. A sexuality pride parade on the other hand...
Ahh, well that I can get behind ... but I still doesn't see why a heterosexual pride day shouldn't involve people showing unconventional elements of it.
It can.

Not really, BDSM transcends sexual orientation.
There's also plenty of BDSM activities of unconventional ideas of heterosexuality. And recognition that it's still heterosexuality is what it means to be proud of being out with it.
I agree

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Amaror said:
Ah, ok. Seems weird that homosexuals of all people would discriminate against other homosexuals for not acting in a stereotypical fashion.
Gays are discriminating against gays for acting in a stereotypical fashion in this case. Interestingly enough, it's all based on feminine traits. Well, I say interesting, but it's more just the repetition of the notion that femininity is inferior.

But it shouldn't be surprising that this exists in pretty much every group. There's always a pecking order. You don't even need to leave this thread to find LGBT folk who act in an anti-LGBT fashion, or even those who will negative the LGBT-ness of others.
Gengisgame said:
You as an individual whine about straights, I as a straight have a problem with you, at this point in time I don't care for your "muh systematic oppression" to justify your childish
attitude towards me.
Who here has said anything about you for being straight?

One of which you were never barred from participating in in the first place.
Funny thing. This brings me back to the days when this site had threads complaining about the Gaymer cons. "Why are they necessary" was one of the frequent questions in those threads. One of the complaints was that straight people were being excluded, and a response I got more than a couple times when I pointed out straight people were not excluded was essentially "I wouldn't feel comfortable being part of the minority." And really, that should answer the first question nicely, except it doesn't. it's different somehow.

I guess because straight people are normally the majority, and so it's somehow more traumatic when the tables turn?

There was a gay bar in town for 20 years, and that same argument seemed to apply there.

Also, since I forgot to respond before:

Well... we live and labour in love and hope.
Hope is leaving office. Hate is trying to get in.

Amaror

Apr 15, 2011
Something Amyss said:
Gays are discriminating against gays for acting in a stereotypical fashion in this case. Interestingly enough, it's all based on feminine traits. Well, I say interesting, but it's more just the repetition of the notion that femininity is inferior.

But it shouldn't be surprising that this exists in pretty much every group. There's always a pecking order. You don't even need to leave this thread to find LGBT folk who act in an anti-LGBT fashion, or even those who will negative the LGBT-ness of others.
Not really. We were talking about the phrase "straight-acting", which apparently is used to negatively label gay men that don't act feminine/stereotypical. Mainly by suggesting that their "straight" behaviour is just acting and that they are just trying to hide their feminine side, which I largely disagree with because I have a gay friend that could be described as "straight-acting" and he is really not "acting".

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Phasmal said:
Yes, for a moment, and then my mother reminded them that I only got to spend so much time on it because I was in hospital and had my head cut open and stitched up again.
That's what I mean. People should be reminded of these things, instead of acting like grabby little children.
I wonder how many people would really want a straight pride day if they got everything else that came with homosexuality, yes.

Also, stepping away from the analogy for a second, there is literally nothing stopping straight people from going and celebrating at Pride. Go, have fun, wave rainbow flags, nobody's stopping you.
The problem is that it's still celebrating someone else, and that seems to be the big thing. Pride celebrates the LGBT community, and it seems like that offends a lot of straight people. The notion that for one day (or even several) in an incredibly heteronormative society, we dare to pay attention to someone else. And the fact that our lives almost constantly revolver around straight people is of no relevance, because for a brief period of time, that's been taken away from them.

wulf3n

Mar 12, 2012
Something Amyss said:
The problem is that it's still celebrating someone else, and that seems to be the big thing. Pride celebrates the LGBT community, and it seems like that offends a lot of straight people.
I may be going out on a limb here, but I'd wager most straight people aren't offended by that.

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
Something Amyss said:
Funny thing. This brings me back to the days when this site had threads complaining about the Gaymer cons. "Why are they necessary" was one of the frequent questions in those threads. One of the complaints was that straight people were being excluded, and a response I got more than a couple times when I pointed out straight people were not excluded was essentially
Something Amyss said:
"I wouldn't feel comfortable being part of the minority." And really, that should answer the first question nicely, except it doesn't. it's different somehow.

I guess because straight people are normally the majority, and so it's somehow more traumatic when the tables turn?

There was a gay bar in town for 20 years, and that same argument seemed to apply there.
I've never understood this. I've been to several gay bars over the years, and while I was probably the only straight guy there (that I knew of anyway), I hardly felt weird, or well, no weirder than I would feel at any club. I don't like social gatherings like that at all really, gay or straight. It's just people drinking, dancing and chatting. It was actually really funny watching the guys' reactions when I would tell them I was straight, they'd do a mental double take, and you could see the "Straight guy in gay club? Does not compute!" expression pass across their faces. Hell I have more fun at gay clubs if for the simple reason that they play more techno/club/house music, which is more my style than any Top 40 list. So yeah, the "uncomfortable as the minority" reason makes no sense to me. I mean, I fully believe people use it, but it just doesn't compute for me.

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
wulf3n said:
Something Amyss said:
The problem is that it's still celebrating someone else, and that seems to be the big thing. Pride celebrates the LGBT community, and it seems like that offends a lot of straight people.
I may be going out on a limb here, but I'd wager most straight people aren't offended by that.
Depends on what you mean by "a lot". 5000 people is "a lot" to me, but that still might only be a fraction of one percent of the population in question.

Note: quoting is acting weird today, so couldn't put these 2 posts in one thread and make it look accurate, so 2 posts instead. Sorry.

wulf3n

Mar 12, 2012
Happyninja42 said:
Depends on what you mean by "a lot". 5000 people is "a lot" to me, but that still might only be a fraction of one percent of the population in question.
It certainly raises an interesting point.

While 5000 may be the barest of factions with regards to the entire population of the United States of America (322,762,018)

If you are only exposed to X number of people and they all exhibit a certain behaviour, for all intents and purposes the majority exhibit said behaviour, and what others think is ultimately irrelevant.

That being said, it doesn't mean it's true for all.

Certainly a complex situation.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Happyninja42 said:
I've never understood this. I've been to several gay bars over the years, and while I was probably the only straight guy there (that I knew of anyway), I hardly felt weird, or well, no weirder than I would feel at any club.
I know you qualified it with that you know of, but I'd almost guarantee you weren't the only straight person there.

It was actually really funny watching the guys' reactions when I would tell them I was straight, they'd do a mental double take, and you could see the "Straight guy in gay club? Does not compute!" expression pass across their faces.
Well, given how often they're exposed to massive insecurity, I imagine it does seem surprising.

wulf3n said:
Doesn't matter. We were talking about the people who complain about Pride, and the petulant "why isn't there a straight pride day?" mentality. This should be well-established contextually. What you have done, rather than address the issue, is basically say #notallmen. And that's particularly unnecessary, since I was quoting straight people who clearly don't feel that way.

Most straight people don't go out and complain about Pride in the first place, I imagine. We're nmot talking about them, because they're not the problem. At least, not here. They could be serial killers, puppy kickers, or mattress-tag-rippers for all I know.

wulf3n

Mar 12, 2012
Something Amyss said:
Doesn't matter. We were talking about the people who complain about Pride, and the petulant "why isn't there a straight pride day?" mentality. This should be well-established contextually. What you have done, rather than address the issue, is basically say #notallmen. And that's particularly unnecessary, since I was quoting straight people who clearly don't feel that way.
What I was referring to specifically was the notion of "a lot".

I don't doubt there are those who find said behaviour offensive, but wether it's "a lot" is a bit more questionable.

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
Jamcie Kerbizz said:
Funny, but no. You see, homosexuality has been persecuted for years while hetrosexuality has been rampant forever. So, any case where hetrosexuality feels threatened means that people are really losing their grip, whereas that sortof thing has been normal for the other party without being paranoid.

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
Something Amyss said:
Happyninja42 said:
I've never understood this. I've been to several gay bars over the years, and while I was probably the only straight guy there (that I knew of anyway), I hardly felt weird, or well, no weirder than I would feel at any club.
I know you qualified it with that you know of, but I'd almost guarantee you weren't the only straight person there.
Probably not. Not that I care if I was the only straight guy there or not, I wasn't under any allusion of being "converted to the gay" by being in close proximity to them. My love of vaginas is too deeply rooted to even worry about that. All I know is all the guys I did talk to while I was there were gay, or at least bi.

Something Amyss said:
Me said:
It was actually really funny watching the guys' reactions when I would tell them I was straight, they'd do a mental double take, and you could see the "Straight guy in gay club? Does not compute!" expression pass across their faces.
Well, given how often they're exposed to massive insecurity, I imagine it does seem surprising.
I didn't say surprising, I said amusing. They were more offput by my presence there than I was. It didn't last long after the initial gear shifting in their heads, but it was still amusing to watch. Though they might've been partly confused by who I was back then. I was...well I wouldn't say frequently mistaken for gay, but it was not uncommon for gay guys to hit on me, and then be surprised when I told them I was straight. This is out in public mind you, not specifically in a gay club. So apparently I gave off a false positive when I was younger on a lot of guys gaydar. *shrugs* Apparently being comfortable around them, and genuinely not giving a shit who they had sex with, and being comfortable enough to joke with them about such things = gay guy to many of them. At least back in the 90's early 2000's.

ThatOtherGirl

Jul 20, 2015
wulf3n said:
Something Amyss said:
What I was referring to specifically was the notion of "a lot".

I don't doubt there are those who find said behaviour offensive, but wether it's "a lot" is a bit more questionable.
If we are answering the question of how many heterosexual people complain about pride day, if we consider the last 15 years it is the vast majority of heterosexual people I know. Almost all of them made at least one comment about how it is "disgusting" or something like that. My parents, my siblings, every important adult I knew who ever said an thing on the subject. Most of my friends. Everyone at work and church.

It is better now, but it isn't gone.

Dreiko_v1legacy

Aug 28, 2008
Saelune said:
Dreiko said:
I never got pride about sexuality, since people are just born as it, it isn't like they did something to earn it. It'd be like having blond hair or tall legs pride days. Being proud over something you chanced into is just dumb and arrogant. Be proud of your achievements.
But it IS about achievements. Its not really merely about being gay, but about being yourself despite adversity. About getting to where we are now compared to where we were. It would be like criticizing Black History month as merely celebrating being black. Did you know its in Febraury cause its when Lincoln and Frederick Douglas was born? Its about celebrating humanity, since before Lincoln, in the US, black people were not considered human, but property.

If people are considered inhuman or lesser for being blonde or having long legs, and then they work to make that change, then they would have an understandable celebration too.

Its dumb and arrogant to ignore history.
First and foremost, I never specified I talked about gay pride. It is interesting how in a topic about straight pride, you took me to be talking about gay pride. Being honest, I was addressing both, equally, as that is the way to paving true lack of discrimination, you may wanna examine why you only saw me talking about gay pride here.

Not all gay or black people had to go through equal hardship to simply be themselves. A gay guy in LA will have a much easier life than one in the bible belt. You ape the difference and equalize everything in an irrational way with your approach.

Black people always were human despite what a portion of primitive conquerors thought of them btw, the way you put it sounds like hey were given humanity by benevolent white people who decided to do so one day, which....is quite offensive to celebrate. No, they always were human, they just lost wars and had to endure the hardships that all human war losers endured since history immemorial, whch includes being treated inhumanely cause you should have been dead for losing so your life is already forfeit. It is actually surprisingly unoriginal, and not limited to black folks either.

Sep 13, 2009
Come on guys, let's just all admit that both groups have come under hardship in their time. Gay people have been put to death, castrated, forbid to marry or engage in sexual relations, and fired if their sexuality is revealed for thousands of years only having improved in the last couple decades, and straight people are forced to read someone on Tumblr saying they're terrible every once in a while.

Both groups are entitled to an occasion to tell the world they have the right to exist and express their sexuality no matter how much the world (or the occasional person on Tumblr) tells them they shouldn't

As an aside, I want to congratulate whoever came up with this on the classiness of starting it weeks after the largest mass murder in the history of the US targets a gay nightclub. This is a time for straight people to be strong and united

Saelune

Trump put kids in cages!
Legacy
Mar 8, 2011
Dreiko said:
Saelune said:
Dreiko said:
I never got pride about sexuality, since people are just born as it, it isn't like they did something to earn it. It'd be like having blond hair or tall legs pride days. Being proud over something you chanced into is just dumb and arrogant. Be proud of your achievements.
But it IS about achievements. Its not really merely about being gay, but about being yourself despite adversity. About getting to where we are now compared to where we were. It would be like criticizing Black History month as merely celebrating being black. Did you know its in Febraury cause its when Lincoln and Frederick Douglas was born? Its about celebrating humanity, since before Lincoln, in the US, black people were not considered human, but property.

If people are considered inhuman or lesser for being blonde or having long legs, and then they work to make that change, then they would have an understandable celebration too.

First and foremost, I never specified I talked about gay pride. It is interesting how in a topic about straight pride, you took me to be talking about gay pride. Being honest, I was addressing both, equally, as that is the way to paving true lack of discrimination, you may wanna examine why you only saw me talking about gay pride here.

Not all gay or black people had to go through equal hardship to simply be themselves. A gay guy in LA will have a much easier life than one in the bible belt. You ape the difference and equalize everything in an irrational way with your approach.

Black people always were human despite what a portion of primitive conquerors thought of them btw, the way you put it sounds like hey were given humanity by benevolent white people who decided to do so one day, which....is quite offensive to celebrate. No, they always were human, they just lost wars and had to endure the hardships that all human war losers endured since history immemorial, whch includes being treated inhumanely cause you should have been dead for losing so your life is already forfeit. It is actually surprisingly unoriginal, and not limited to black folks either.
The discussion has been about "straight pride" vs "gay pride" for pages now, don't act like I'm being presumptuous.

And you really just want to belittle the advances in equality, don't you? Yes, black people were always people, when they were sold to Europeans by their fellow Africans, and all the time before and after then. And being gay was never actually a mental illness, but it was treated as such for a long time. The celebration part is for the wider recognition of such, usually by government powers. Even if the average person doesn't care for you, not having the law against you is a pretty big deal.

No, not all gay people or black people went through the same hardships. Nor did all Jews get thrown into German internment camps, nor all Americans ignored or shot at by the British, or Armenians killed by ottomans or Turks, etc. Hell, most people in the US aren't New Yorkers, but 9/11 is still a big deal to them.

But I suppose you are allowed to miss the entire point of this discussion.

Dreiko_v1legacy

Aug 28, 2008
Saelune said:
Dreiko said:
Saelune said:
Dreiko said:

The discussion has been about "straight pride" vs "gay pride" for pages now, don't act like I'm being presumptuous.

And you really just want to belittle the advances in equality, don't you? Yes, black people were always people, when they were sold to Europeans by their fellow Africans, and all the time before and after then. And being gay was never actually a mental illness, but it was treated as such for a long time. The celebration part is for the wider recognition of such, usually by government powers. Even if the average person doesn't care for you, not having the law against you is a pretty big deal.

No, not all gay people or black people went through the same hardships. Nor did all Jews get thrown into German internment camps, nor all Americans ignored or shot at by the British, or Armenians killed by ottomans or Turks, etc. Hell, most people in the US aren't New Yorkers, but 9/11 is still a big deal to them.

But I suppose you are allowed to miss the entire point of this discussion.
The fact remains I was talking about both prides, equally chastizing both, not just the gay one.

How does one belittle the advances of equality by acknowledging that equality should have been the obvious thing and only primitive ignorance which was shared by all groups of people living in that era is to blame.

I just see it in the context of it being something human civilization achieved by advancing its culture. Celebrating that and being proud of it is not the same. It'd be like being proud you got antibodies and can't catch the chickenpocks a second time.

Ultimately, I just don't see it as a gay issue, being not dumb enough to make life hard for a group of innocent people is good for the person who once did the harm too, and equally worth being happy over.

Leg End

Romans 12:18
Oct 24, 2010
Country
United States
wulf3n said:
Happyninja42 said:
....your avatar...it....it disturbs me. I...don't know why.
Haha, I know right!

Happyninja42 said:
I've seen people with avatars on this forum that are gifs from a hentai where some crazy eyed alien woman literally eats the guy she was about to have sex with...and yet...your thing...I...I won't sleep tonight. It's going to follow me into my dreams

YOU'VE DESTROYED MY MIND WITH THAT ABOMINATION!
I apologise. I saw it on one of the facebook things where it's like "tag a mate who eats like this" and immediately thought "I must have this!". :p
Just thought I'd chime in and say I'm about 90% sure it's from a Nicktoons short from around the mid 2000s.
I miss those days.

EDIT: Yup, Purple and Brown.

9tailedflame

Oct 8, 2015
Parasondox said:
As an immigrant, when a racist fool tells me to go back home, I just respond, "FINE!! I'll go back to my island of sun, sea, sand and fucking relaxation." Dumbass.

Congratulations you horny hetros. You finally get a day to yourself. To celebrate your rageing genitals and 30sec thrusting. I mean, straight people have had it tough these past couple of decades, maybe even centuries. Having people speaking to the opposite sex, being civil around the opposite sex, trying to avoid being "friendzoned". The struggle is real, man.

I mean, hetros cant even show any signs of affection to their other half without verbal abuse thrown at them, they struggle to marry the one they love and the most recent issue surrounding bathrooms.

I mean... could you image the opposite sex sharing bathrooms with them? Thats like, totally eww. Men will just mess it up more and the women will be disgusted. And dont get them started on the whole toilet lid war. Up or down, up or down. The war is real, man.

Parasondox here with a very special nessage for you folk. Either social media is bored or just running out of ideas but this shit is funny in a stupid way. Or stupid in a funny way. I am a trained professional dumbass who is willing to take the risk of being unfunny. So please be responsible and don't try this at home.

Thank you.
We get it, you're prejudice against heterosexual people, the proper response is actually to try and fix yourself so you aren't prejudice though, instead of parade how much of a hateful bigot you are.

I mean to be fair, there are some very legitimate criticisms to be made about heterosexual courtship rituals and the overall relationship between heterosexual males and heterosexual females, sure, there can be lack of respect on either side, gold digging and dehumanizing behavior, miscommunication and sexual incompatibility, it's why i'm single, but what you're doing is kicking people while they're down. I don't want to be a virgin despite being tall and handsome because straight women are absurdly hostile to potential suitors so I'm afraid to try. I'd love to be gay, i could have sex with people who i could be on equal terms with, who wouldn't pressure me to get married after 2 good dates and then try to take all my money, and the people who would hate me for being gay already hate me for being an atheist, so it's not like I'd be garnering that much more hate, and i could have a better sense of what my partner wanted sexually, instead i'm stuck with internet porn forever despite having above average physical assets.

KyuubiNoKitsune-Hime said:
THM said:
KyuubiNoKitsune-Hime said:
Where on the other hand the concept of a heterosexual pride day is a petty passive aggressive concept used to reinforce the cultural dominance of straight people who wish to marginalize GSM folk.
It could be that - doesn't mean it has to be. It could just be a 'Yay Us!' type of thing.
Except it's not a 'Yay Us!' type of thing, it's coming of a place of competitiveness towards the GSM community, with the intention of lessening the importance of LGBT pride events. It's basically a means of being dismissive towards the whole concept outside of gay pride. As a 'Yay Us!' type thing it's meaningless, useless, and pointless, because cisgender heterosexual people haven't been told to be ashamed of their sexual orientation or gender identity for their entirelives. GSM folk have and being told to be ashamed of ourselves for arbitrary things we can't help is still a pervasive part of culture today.
Actually, there's still huge levels of shame associated with any sexuality really. Straight women might have slut shaming worse than anyone, since for straight men, and homosexual people, at least there's a sense that you could congratulate each other for successfully finding someone to have sex with, while straight women are viscous to each other in this regard, and straight men are taught that their sexuality is violent and wrong pretty regularly, media shows rape all the time, and it's almost exclusively man on woman, and straight men have been taught that any time you approach a woman in a sexual context, you could be committing a crime, even something so banal as asking if she want to you back to your place could be considered sexual harassment. It's sort of along the same lines, but not as intensely, as being African American, you're kind-of assumed guilty, wrong, and a predator by default.

I mean the overall view of LGBT people is worse, but the idea that there's any sexuality that society is completely accepting of is pretty much just wrong.