Hideo Kojima a "Huge Fan" of Twilight, Judging Fan Art Contest

HardRockSamurai

May 28, 2008
Aren't we forgetting that this is the same guy who's working on the new Castlevania game?

I was hoping there would be a little side-quest where Belmont would go and slaughter the entire cast of Twilight...but now that dream is now history...

katsa5

Aug 10, 2009
>< I hate Twilight now. Marketers are now selling Conversation Hearts as Halloween Candy because of that movie! But anyway, that's another rant.
I was a little surprised at first, but as I read the article it made sense. Long, complicated stories with an abundance of characters with cliche-remade-anew trappings aka monsterisms. Sounds exactly like Hideo's own material.

Jack and Calumon

Digimon are cool.
Dec 29, 2008
No! Please dear god NO!

It makes sense, sure. Vamp in MGS2/4 makes kojima like Vampires, but COME ON KOJIMA!

This is too much for me to handle. I must play my Modern Warfare 2...

It's not out?! Oh GOD!

Then Ratchet and...

Oh COME ON! Is there anything good I can play to mask my pain?

Oh yeah... WoW.

Hurr Durr Derp

Apr 8, 2009
Well, he did come up with Raiden in an attempt to appeal to little girls, so I could see him having a similar interest in Twilight...

ZeroMachine

Oct 11, 2008
MaxTheReaper said:
Darenus said:
..... okay, that's a way to look at the books that makes it understandable again... :D
I don't understand what you mean by that.
How is there any other way to look at them?
ZeroMachine said:
I can agree with that about the movie. In fact, I plan on writing a review about it for a friend's site. But the books, on the other hand, are depressing. And that last one is fucked up, big time.
OH LAWDY
Tha movie.

BEST. THING. EVER.
I watched it like a day before Halloween, and I swear to you: I have never laughed so hard.
I actually passed out from dry-heave laughing for two hours straight.
Whoever made that was a genius.
Exactly! It was my favorite comedy from last year! :D

tehroc

Jul 6, 2009
So let me just get this? This Kojima guy can't speak English but reads American tween novels? I call shenannigans, from what I've seen of this guy he's nothing but a media whore. Willing to do anything as long as it gets him in print or in front of a camera.

Agayek

Ravenous Gormandizer
Oct 23, 2008
Further proof that Hideo Kojima couldn't recognize good storytelling if it jumped out of his toilet and bit him.

Johnn Johnston

May 4, 2008
MaxTheReaper said:
I'm a huge fan, too.

Those books are the best comedy of our generation, hands down.
Anyone who disagrees sparkles.
Amen to that. Boy, I sure hope there isn't anybody who hasn't yet realised that these books aren't serious.

Jaqen Hghar

Feb 11, 2009
Hehe. This is priceless! This kinda answers a lot of questions for me, regarding why I hate MGS.
Hah! I cannot stop smiling!
:D

Jaqen Hghar

Feb 11, 2009
MaxTheReaper said:
Off-topic (WHO'S SURPRISED), but your avatar reminds me of something from "The Temper Trap."
Never heard of it... something I should check out maybe?
It's really Dan Dreiberg from Watchmen by the way.

MaxTheReaper said:
I also love how the author manages to depict a seriously abusive relationship but still make it hilarious.
But the scary thing is that the author herself doesn't know the books aren't serious... I tend to research things I dislike/hate a lot so that I got enough ammo to sustain myself in a "Why do you not like XXX" battle, and boy, I got a lot of ammo towards Twilight and the author.
Did you know she more or less ignored her children while she wrote the books? And that she said she would leave her husband without a second though if Jacob or Edward showed up on her doorstep? I tell you, you can read about Twilight and the author for days and still find little nuggets of comedy gold.

The Great JT

Oct 6, 2008
No! They got Hideo Kojima! Run for your life! Arm the noob pwners and militarize the gold farmers, we're-a goin' to war with Twilight!!

God's Clown

Aug 8, 2008
Not a large fan of Metal Gear Solid games, but if I were I would be insulted by it's creator liking such a horrible horrible horrible injustice that has been done to vampires by a crazy person. Mind you I hate vampires anyways, but I would concede outside of the 10,000,000,000 weaknesses they have they are cool. Sparkle in daylight? Makes me want to harm someone.

GonzoGamer

Apr 9, 2008
MaxTheReaper said:
I'm a huge fan, too.

Those books are the best comedy of our generation, hands down.
Anyone who disagrees sparkles.
I would agree. Except for that second book. That was just plain tedious. The last one made up for it though: she must've been in the opium at that point.
The movie was hilarious.

I can see Kojima being into those books; like his games, they're very (mostly) character driven.

Mr.Pandah

Pandah Extremist
Jul 20, 2008
Interesting to see that he took such an interest in the books considering he himself made up a character like Vamp.

Syntax Error

Sep 7, 2008
LeonHellsvite said:
holy hell, please don't get any ideas for the next MGS game involving twilight ><
Metal Gear Rex sparkling in the sun that shoots beams of wangst.

EDIT:
mspencer82 said:
Of course he's a fan. Stephanie Meyer is to vampires what Hideo Kojima is to war, politics, history, medicine, science, physics, genetics, the military, government agencies, weapons of mass destruction, war profiteering, pretty much anything related to the United States, and sense.

By the way, everyone knows that vampires sparkle in sunlight because of nanomachines and Edward Cullen is only broody because his twin brother got all of the superior dominant genes of their father, while Edward got the flawed recessive genes.
My God, that was awesome!