History.

DagothGares

Dec 24, 2008
Winston Churchill for being a goddamn wit, excellent fencer apparently, having served in the front lines as a commander just so he could drink alcohol and several other reasons (we shall fight them! Fight them on the beaches!)

Hannibal Barca was a great man as well. He succeeded his father and did what he couldn't. he broke the Roman might if only for a short while, defeated numbers much larger than his through cunning use of terrain and being an effective commander despite his army consisting of several very different cultures, keeping a sense of humor through his entire life. he was never captured and throughout his life (even after the bringing down of Carthage) he fought Rome, like working as a military advisor for Antioch etc.

lwm3398

Apr 15, 2009
Rev Erebus said:
What the hell does Alucard have to do with Vlad Tepes.
Man.

Really.

Hellsing.

Come on. Vlad Tepes is Dracula, and Van Helsing captured him, named him Alucard, and so Vlad is Alucard.

Spitfire175

Jul 1, 2009
It's going to be an epic battle between Winston Churchill, George S. Patton and Carl Gustaf Mannerheim. (Possibly with lightsabres.)

Excelcior

Aug 10, 2008
Alaric I.

Why? He was the first Germanic leader to ransack friggin' Rome. How cool can you get? "Hey there silly people in bedsheets, I'm gonna plunder yer town!"

Heh, I would've loved to see the look on Honorius' face when he saw tons of Visigoths running through the streets...

lwm3398

Apr 15, 2009
Rev Erebus said:
Hellsing is fictional Vampire hunter with no connection with history and Vlad Tepes was a real life person.
I'm aware. It was just as a joke.

I mean, really, we can't have a little fiction bleed into the thread?

stonethered

Mar 3, 2009
Federick, the Great. King of Prussia, one of the most succsesful generals of all time, amateur flautist. Napoleon considered him to be his(napoleon's) better.

Fictional, Death, the Terry Pratchett version. I'd love to meet him, preferably a second or third time.

El Poncho

Techno Hippy will eat your soul!
May 21, 2009
Alexander the Great for untiting the states of Greece together into one whole country not fighting with each other, then taking over the whole of Persia and more. If it wasn't of him who would of came by the idea of democracy? If the Greeks failed against the Persians what would the world be like?

lwm3398

Apr 15, 2009
Rev Erebus said:
Actually now that i have your attention could you point me towards some good anime i am a complete noob when it comes to it. I used to watch it in like 1994-1998 haven't really watch much since.
Bleach, Death Note, One Piece, Naruto, Cowboy Bebop. I don't know any of the times for these, so you may have seen them. Those are ones I know to be great, but I've heard Code Geass and Fullmetal Alchemist are great.