Hit the *****: A Domestic Violence Videogame

Bourne Endeavor

May 14, 2008
http://hitthebitch.dk/main.swf

For those of you curious, I youtubed the title of this 'game' primarily because I could not fathom its existence without witnessing such first hand and admittedly by own curiosity. Playing the game through you are treated to being referred upon as "100% Idiot" whilst watching the woman cry upon the floor as Danish dialect is spoken. You are required to wait approximately two minutes following the "100% Idiot" statement for the aforementioned, which I suppose could derive some sense of pity.

Personally I stood dumbfounded while equally speechless through the entirety of this 'game', scarcely able to believe what had appeared upon my computer screen. Message? Slapping a woman five times on a digitally animated website with the only ramifications for doing so is being told I was "Gangsta" and an idiot? Yes because until this moment in time I had never known domestic abuse is idiotic. All which shall amass from this abomination is entertainment from those who find it amusing.

Edit: Link also provided as evidence this idiocy does exist.

Cliff_m85

Feb 6, 2009
zombie711 said:
this is like curing drug addicts by giving them drugs until they dont crave it
I'd rather someone play this game every time they feel like hitting a woman than actually succumbing to the temptations to literally hit their woman.

Haz88

Nov 19, 2009
I guess it helps to be able to speak Danish, so here's a little help.

The game starts with the girl supposedly coming out from a party, some music in the background.
She tells that she's had the time of her life talking and dancing with a bunch of people.
Silence as if the player is saying something.
She gets upset and says that you can't dictate who she wants to dance with.
First hit.
She calls you weak and a loser.
Second hit.
She continues calling you a bastard with a small dick and so on.
More hits. At one time she said "the only time you feel like a man is when you're taking me from behind while I scream "No"".
Game ends and a Danish rapper (can't figure out which) says you're an idiot and you should get help and 2 links pop up directing you to some counceling sites.

Personally I think it's great. It shows some very real consequences to a very real problem, without your body and brain completely numb by alcohol. I think the trick with this game is to get people's attention before it gets out of hand. The "I hit you because I love you"-mentality.

dmccune

Apr 14, 2009
Bourne said:

For those of you curious, I youtubed the title of this 'game' primarily because I could not fathom its existence without witnessing such first hand and admittedly by own curiosity. Playing the game through you are treated to being referred upon as "100% Idiot" whilst watching the woman cry upon the floor as Danish dialect is spoken. You are required to wait approximately two minutes following the "100% Idiot" statement for the aforementioned, which I suppose could derive some sense of pity.

Personally I stood dumbfounded while equally speechless through the entirety of this 'game', scarcely able to believe what had appeared upon my computer screen. Message? Slapping a woman five times on a digitally animated website with the only ramifications for doing so is being told I was "Gangsta" and an idiot?
And yet... you did it. Why didn't you stop? When she was crying and sobbing and pleading for mercy, why didn't you just stop playing out of revulsion?

Mere curiosity? Now read my first post. This is the point. You did a horrible thing in a video game out of curiosity. People do this horrible thing in real life for respect and prestige. What is idiotic is the fact that this is considered something worth admiration in the gangsta lifestyle.

Treblaine

Jul 25, 2008
I can't wait till fox news gets a hold of this.

"Video games have finally gone too far: beat women... for points! (also this somehow supports The Terrorists)"

I think Glenn Beck might just ***** slap himself.

RAWKSTAR

Jun 5, 2008
Played it, felt like a pimp.
I made up my own audio like, 'Hey, I just traded your Charizard for a weedle.' And I'm like 'AW HELL NO!'.

Cliff_m85

Feb 6, 2009
Wow, we're discussing domestic violence in this thread.

Point of the game: get people to think about domestic violence.

Fact: It's a fictional game where no one literally gets hurt. I applaud the game makers.

Treblaine

Jul 25, 2008
dmccune said:
Bourne said:

Personally I stood dumbfounded while equally speechless through the entirety of this 'game', scarcely able to believe what had appeared upon my computer screen. Message? Slapping a woman five times on a digitally animated website with the only ramifications for doing so is being told I was "Gangsta" and an idiot?
And yet... you did it. Why didn't you stop? When she was crying and sobbing and pleading for mercy, why didn't you just stop playing out of revulsion?

Mere curiosity? Now read my first post. This is the point. You did a horrible thing in a video game out of curiosity. People do this horrible thing in real life for respect and prestige. What is idiotic is the fact that this is considered something worth admiration in the gangsta lifestyle.
It's a video game.

It's not like there is an option to make her a cup of tea, you either keep hitting her or quit the game.

And no, he did NOT do a horrible thing, absolutely no one was hurt, he only simulated doing what WOULD be a horrible thing if it were real, and only did it because the game practically explicitly told him to. Don't mix up fantasy and reality.

It's like saying if you're watching a horror movie "Why don't you just pause the movie, then the monster won't ever kill the woman" but that's not the freaking point.

Swaki

Apr 15, 2009
whoa quite powerful, it may help but its to full of clichés for me to believe it can.

right from the start it seems stupid, the girl tells the boyfriend (that you) that she had been out all night dancing whit some guys at which point your told to "control your *****", and all while you try to "control" her she says stuff like "your such an idiot", "your little pathetic man" "no means no" and "your pussy is that all you got" in a really annoying tone, the controls are pretty bad and at the end i hated the actor so much i was rooting for the guy.

and when your done beating her your told by some guy trying to sound "gangsta" that your an idiot and you shouldn't hit girls, than a more serious voice over tell you that 2 out of 36 women from the age 16-20 are in abusive relationships and that we can stop domestic violence by joining a facebook group.

it does have a link to a place where you can seek support/help at the end, and i think its a good thing it can only be played by the Danes, its support lines will only help Danes and the game will probably be WAAAAAAAAAY to much for some Americans to comprehend.

EDIT: Reading true the comments im quite puzzled and angry, theres been made quite allot of presumptions about us Danes based on something you cant see and cant understand (which is cool, i once heard that danish is one of the hardest languages to learn), trust me this is not over the line in anyway, sure if taken out of context and if you cant understand the voice overs it a bit harsh, but c'mon, i just beated up a bunch of women whit a sledgehammer in saints row 2 because i needed some cash for an apartment, this is not any worse, its still just a game, this one just has worse gameplay and actors.

DayDark

Oct 31, 2007
Since I'm Danish, I understand what he's saying, she's totally dissing you with every hit, and at the end, you get a lecture from the guy that you lost the minute you raised your hand against her.

EDIT: Well I guess I was pretty much ninja'd by everyone xD

dmccune

Apr 14, 2009
Treblaine said:
It's a video game.

It's not like there is an option to make her a cup of tea, you either keep hitting her or quit the game.

And no, he did NOT do a horrible thing, absolutely no one was hurt, he only simulated doing what WOULD be a horrible thing if it were real, and only did it because the game practically explicitly told him to. Don't mix up fantasy and reality.

It's like saying if you're watching a horror movie "Why don't you just pause the movie, then the monster won't ever kill the woman" but that's not the freaking point.
He did a horrible thing *in a video game*. I'm not confusing fantasy with reality. He simulated a horrible thing in a video game.

Your movie/game analogy is flawed. The whole point of the video game is to give the player control. The PLAYER is the one acting. In a movie, there are characters making the decisions. You might not watch it happen, but it still does. Right, there is no 'cup of tea' option, but there is a 'quit the game' option. If the player quits, *they* are not beating the woman anymore.

And saying 'the game told him too' is a cop out. The game is called "hit the *****" and you're given a pussy-gangsta meter and told how to slap. YOU THE PLAYER assumed that the woman was the ***** and you were to hit her. You continued to do this EVEN AFTER SHE TELLS YOU TO STOP. The game is telling you to stop and that what you're doing is wrong, BUT YOU KEEP DOING IT. Why? Because you want to fill the gangsta meter up.

Christ, do a little self-relection now and then.

edit: and after seeing the Danish response above, I think I was pretty close-on in my analysis.

Cliff_m85

Feb 6, 2009
swaki said:
whoa quite powerful, it may help but its to full of clichés for me to believe it can.

right from the start it seems stupid, the girl tells the boyfriend (that you) that she had been out all night dancing whit some guys at which point your told to "control your *****", and all while you try to "control" her she says stuff like "your such an idiot", "your little pathetic man" "no means no" and "your pussy is that all you got" in a really annoying tone, the controls are pretty bad and at the end i hated the actor so much i was rooting for the guy.

and when your done beating her your told by some guy trying to sound "gangsta" that your an idiot and you shouldn't hit girls, than a more serious voice over tell you that 2 out of 36 women from the age 16-20 are in abusive relationships and that we can stop domestic violence by joining a facebook group.

it does have a link to a place where you can seek support/help at the end, and i think its a good thing it can only be played by the Danes, its support lines will only help Danes and the game will probably be WAAAAAAAAAY to much for some Americans to comprehend.
Anyone can play it on this link: http://hitthebitch.dk/main.swf
Just long loads due to traffic.

And "way to much for some Americans to comprehend"? Oh come off it.

Kris015

Some kind of Monster
Feb 21, 2009
What the f*ck... i just saw this on the news.. It's on Danish too..

Kris015

Some kind of Monster
Feb 21, 2009
Oh wait, it was made in Denmark... DEMNARK RUULEZ!!!

Also, no, it probably won't work..

Bourne Endeavor

May 14, 2008
dmccune said:
Bourne said:

I cannot accurately make a complete judgment without full understanding of the content in its entirety. Unlike a video game where I am able to base an opinion within an hour of game play, there was apparent knowledge only accessible upon completion of the 'game.' I cannot deny curiosity was a large factor.

Your post is precisely my reasoning for witnessing the content first hand. She in no way actually pleads for mercy nor is she at any moment sobbing. The only sense of significance is slight sniffs, akin to be on the verge of tears only after completion. During the abusive portion of the 'game' she is apparently insulting you as Haz88 explained.

Correct my assumption if I am mistaken however I am under the impression you are insinuating real life and curiosity upon a 'video game' are within the same wave length. If such be true that is a bold accusation and undoubtedly false. My argument is the message portrayed is limited, if not entirely lost. Few who believe abusing their girlfriends is wrong will hold any concern upon a website calling them an idiot. In all honesty this 'game' is tame by comparison to what something such as GTA allows.

Edit: My apologies, code error.

Swaki

Apr 15, 2009
Cliff_m85 said:
And "way to much for some Americans to comprehend"? Oh come off it.
have you read some of these comments? also i remember reading quite allot about a certain news station getting their knickers in a twist when ever any one did anything in a videogame, i did say some, not you.