"Holy $@&%, did I just do that?"

Akalistos

Apr 23, 2010
InterAirplay said:
But whatever. It's not like my attempt at playing the teacher will hold any water here.
Akalistos said:
dathwampeer said:
Akalistos said:
dathwampeer said:
Akalistos said:
dathwampeer said:
Akalistos said:
dathwampeer said:
Akalistos said:
snip to save messyness
A) When I say you were lucky to land it I mean your opponent didn't notice the punch or just couldn't react in time. And the factors could have been anything from the how the guy was moving, whether he was in the middle of a punch or not and so on so on ect ect.

What is your solution exactly. All I've seen you do is ***** about luck.

Is it really a big deal considering I've never heard it happen to anyone before

And luck is a massive part of realism. As long as it doesn't become a regular occurrence.

B) Special spammers don't get far when faced with someone who knows what they're doing. That's why you never see them in the competitions.
Pfff. You didn't read any of my post, right. You know what, if it's a one way conversation this whole time, your a sad man indeed. Beside, all i heard from you is:
Don't take luck out of it or i'll suck!!!!!
or rather, it is with same filter you use rationalize what you just said while trying to make you look smart.
I'll simplify it for you.

When you read of more than 1 case of this happening. Then go make a fuss.

For all you know it could have been a glitch. All I was saying is that even if it wasn't, it would only make the game more realistic. For a game trying to be realistic, that's good.

Also I think it's worth pointing out I've never played UFC before. So taking out something that might not even be there would hardly increase or decrease my sucking at it.
And all I'm saying is: It remove the Fair in FAIR FIGHT... and you can acknowledge that other people may have a point because for all instance and purpose, you didn't even say anything beside;

Damp13child: But it happen!!!! *burst into Tears*

Edit: You haven't played it!?!?! Then your not qualify to even respond to me.
Everything in your post, especially the edit proves you haven't even been paying attention.

All I said from the beginning was that when stuff like that happens it simply makes it more realistic. Then I guessed that if it was a factor in the game it would be something like fightnights haymaker. Which I have played.

And no it doesn't remove from a fair fight because it barely happens. And if it's a haymaker then it's your fault for getting hit.

Stop making strawmen for everything.
I'm not making anything... You can't make a valid point. In all of your post, you haven't even come close to making a point. Worst yet, you just repeat the same thing over and over again thinking that somehow it would warp the very fabric of reality and become relevant. Here's a little transcript of the conversation we had:

Aka: It's lame. Video game logic isn't and should be like fighting game.
Damp: But it happen in real life
Aka: But it shouldn't happen. All fighting game should begin with equal chance. No, "I can kill you if I roll a D20" move.
Damp: It's a haymaker (description) and it make the game realist because it is.
Aka: But there's other way to make it random. Make it a very difficult move to pull. Better yet, make it so if you fail, you'll be the one KO'd.
Damp: You don't know what your talking about! It's realist and I don't care what you have written.
Aka: You piece of shit!
Damp: See! He as nothing to retort, I win... Even if I didn't play the game.
Aka: You Fucki.... WHAT!?!?!?!?!? YOU HAVEN'T PLAYED IT AND STILL TRYED TO ARGUE!?!?! Shut the hell up!

That's the point we are currently at and since YOU HAVEN'T PLAYED THE GAME, YOU AREN'T IN POSITION TO SAY ANYTHING BACK. Come back when you know what you are talking about and well talk.
I read up to the transcript. And the really retarded joke about my name. You're a really shite troll. If you feel the need to comment on an of the fly post someone makes and try to troll them into submission. At-least make it interesting. Making a shit joke about someone's screen names is poor going buddy. And it's about as relevant a point as you've made.

Honestly you were boring by the first comment. It's like talking to a potnoodle. We'd both better off I'd just have ignored you're flagrant advertising. Because the content is always a disappointment.
Does it make you sleep at night, to call anyone that disagree with you a troll. Dude, you aren't worth my time because YOU don't know what your talking about. Hey, I got 3 reply from our post and most of them reply in civilize way. Goes to show that the X-box kid spewing insanity isn't just a X-box occurrence but there's sign of similar behavior online.
Guys, guys, guys.... I know getting involved in someone else's pointless internet debate is usually stupid, but I keep seeing these fucking things.

C'mon guys. Re-read both your posts. How can either of you claim any sort of high ground when you have also both abandoned all pretense of politeness and resorted to to taking shots at each other? Is it really worth it? Couldn't at least one of you tried to keep your cool and stuck to courtesy and simple reasoning? no. Back to childish name-calling. When faced with a conflicting, the top priority seems to be "prove other guy wrong" and then "brag about perceived victory". I'm not exactly a saint myself, but how old are you guys?

If the other guy being a dick offends you so much, then why respond in kind?
You are right. I don't have the high ground... or at least lost it when i call him name. But for the first 4 reply, i really really [HEADING=1]really[/HEADING] tried to keep my cool. He's just that annoying.

Akalistos

Apr 23, 2010
dathwampeer said:
Akalistos said:
dathwampeer said:
Akalistos said:
dathwampeer said:
Akalistos said:
dathwampeer said:
Akalistos said:
dathwampeer said:
Akalistos said:
snip to save messyness
A) When I say you were lucky to land it I mean your opponent didn't notice the punch or just couldn't react in time. And the factors could have been anything from the how the guy was moving, whether he was in the middle of a punch or not and so on so on ect ect.

And luck is a massive part of realism. As long as it doesn't become a regular occurrence.

B) Special spammers don't get far when faced with someone who knows what they're doing. That's why you never see them in the competitions.
Pfff. You didn't read any of my post, right. You know what, if it's a one way conversation this whole time, your a sad man indeed. Beside, all i heard from you is:
or rather, it is with same filter you use rationalize what you just said while trying to make you look smart.

For all you know it could have been a glitch. All I was saying is that even if it wasn't, it would only make the game more realistic. For a game trying to be realistic, that's good.

Also I think it's worth pointing out I've never played UFC before. So taking out something that might not even be there would hardly increase or decrease my sucking at it.
And all I'm saying is: It remove the Fair in FAIR FIGHT... and you can acknowledge that other people may have a point because for all instance and purpose, you didn't even say anything beside;

Everything in your post, especially the edit proves you haven't even been paying attention.

All I said from the beginning was that when stuff like that happens it simply makes it more realistic. Then I guessed that if it was a factor in the game it would be something like fightnights haymaker. Which I have played.

And no it doesn't remove from a fair fight because it barely happens. And if it's a haymaker then it's your fault for getting hit.

I'm not making anything... You can't make a valid point. In all of your post, you haven't even come close to making a point. Worst yet, you just repeat the same thing over and over again thinking that somehow it would warp the very fabric of reality and become relevant. Here's a little transcript of the conversation we had:

Aka: But it shouldn't happen. All fighting game should begin with equal chance. No, "I can kill you if I roll a D20" move.
Aka: But there's other way to make it random. Make it a very difficult move to pull. Better yet, make it so if you fail, you'll be the one KO'd.
Damp: You don't know what your talking about! It's realist and I don't care what you have written.
Aka: You Fucki.... WHAT!?!?!?!?!? YOU HAVEN'T PLAYED IT AND STILL TRYED TO ARGUE!?!?! Shut the hell up!

That's the point we are currently at and since YOU HAVEN'T PLAYED THE GAME, YOU AREN'T IN POSITION TO SAY ANYTHING BACK. Come back when you know what you are talking about and well talk.
I read up to the transcript. And the really retarded joke about my name. You're a really shite troll. If you feel the need to comment on an of the fly post someone makes and try to troll them into submission. At-least make it interesting. Making a shit joke about someone's screen names is poor going buddy. And it's about as relevant a point as you've made.

Honestly you were boring by the first comment. It's like talking to a potnoodle. We'd both better off I'd just have ignored you're flagrant advertising. Because the content is always a disappointment.
Does it make you sleep at night, to call anyone that disagree with you a troll. Dude, you aren't worth my time because YOU don't know what your talking about. Hey, I got 3 reply from our post and most of them reply in civilize way. Goes to show that the X-box kid spewing insanity isn't just a X-box occurrence but there's sign of similar behavior online.
First off. You replied to me first. In a condescending and unnecessary manner. I just posted a video saying that 'at-least it's realistic.' I didn't say that gave it any inherent worth. You assumed that's what I said. I then defended realisms place in a game that's trying to be realistic. If you refute either of those points (That it makes it realistic and that realism is a good idea for a game trying to be realistic) then you're an idiot. Pure and simple.

And for future reference. If you don't want to be called a Troll. Don't act like one. (Making fun of someone's screen name for no real reason is a good way to act like a Troll.)
Ah, shut up. Your not better than anyone... in fact, YOU DID EVERYTHING TO MAKE ME LOSE MY PATIENCE. INTERAIRPLAY is right. Just shut up.

Akalistos

Apr 23, 2010

Akalistos

Apr 23, 2010
InterAirplay said:
Akalistos said:
You are right. I don't have the high ground... or at least lost it when i call him name. But for the first 4 reply, i really really [HEADING=1]really[/HEADING] tried to keep my cool. He's just that annoying.
Cheers for not flaming me for being a condescending dickhead. Yeah, I've been up against people and felt the same, but you do still have the option of being the better person. If there's one thing I learned quickly here, it's that the guy who walks away always looks better. plus, I also found out pretty quickly that the mods don't give a toss about who "started it".
You are right, again. I have said that to many peoples on many threads but it all went to hell in a fit of anger. So why would i ever flame you for saying it?

katsumoto03

Feb 24, 2010
Chapel1185 said:
Any game that plays like that is terrible. Wheres the fun in a random ass lucky punch.
It's part of the realism. Sometimes you get a good kick in and the guy goes down really quickly. Have you ever seen Anderson Silva fight?

LitleWaffle

Jan 9, 2010
Well, this was one for my brother, but it was still awesome nonetheless
We were playing SSBB, and we always did these little one on ones with each other using related characters that we each preferred. He was using Link and I was using Toon Link, and this time around he was whooping my buttocks because I made some pretty stupid mistakes, i.e. While in middair, instead of saving my self, I take out a bomb and fall to my death cause I fell to fast.

I had one life left, and my bro had 2. He threw a party ball, I hit it while hitting him, the ball rises, he jumps off to the left on final destination. I'm running to him, running under the party ball, he is charging an arrow, falling to his doom with his shot ready. He shoots as the party ball opens, which is exactly while I'm under it, his shot....

Hits the bob-ombs that popped out of it, killing me by the explosion while he fell to his death.

Danielsmells

Apr 24, 2010
Contra 3 - I was set up like this:
X q

Me being X, and the turret q.

It fires, as does a guy above and diagonal from me.
I duck under the first one
- _ - q

Then quickly jump over the diagonal and kill the guy above me.
...X
- / - q

Then land and duck again in the nick of time

- _- q

And recently in Arkham Asylum where I stealthed a few snipers I believe, starting with hanging off a ledge to the side of one of them, in direct line of their sniper laser thing, but still wasn't noticed. I silently took him out afterwards, whilst directly sideways from the second, clearly visible and somehow aren't noticed. I then walked up to him and took him down silently too. Physically impossible!

Marter

Elite Member
Legacy
Oct 27, 2009
superbatranger said:
Why don't the two of you take it outside before the mods lock my thread? Or better yet, stop arguing.
Should have quoted both of them, to get their attention, meaning they'll actually read you post.

OT: Going 50-1 in a match on Resistance: Fall of Man. I just kind of sat back after that and stared at the screen. I didn't realize it at all.

Apr 29, 2010
Marter said:
superbatranger said:
Why don't the two of you take it outside before the mods lock my thread? Or better yet, stop arguing.
Should have quoted both of them, to get their attention, meaning they'll actually read you post.

OT: Going 50-1 in a match on Resistance: Fall of Man. I just kind of sat back after that and stared at the screen. I didn't realize it at all.
Oh crap, I forgot about that..Oh well.

50-1? I am impressed. Were you able to repeat it?

Issurru

Jun 13, 2010
Two nights of Halo 3 at some of my friends houses, first moment of awesome was playing online split-screen shotty snipers on high ground... Me and my friend got over 35 kills between the two of us and only died maybe 3 or 4 times each. Safe to say that our team won the match, which lead to the ACTUAL moment of awesome. We partied up with the top 2 players on the other team who were claiming that we were cheating. We played shotty snipers again, but on one of their own forge maps. We utterly destroyed them when they had a massive advantage, i got another 30+kills and my friend got 20 without even trying.

My second moment of awesome in Halo 3 was playing on that map with that gigantic spinning wheel or whatever it is in the middle, rushed for the shotgun, grabbed it proceeded to get an open season on their entire team. Became a gigantic clusterfuck of bodies from the other team, another friend decided to be a dick and shot me in the head with a sniper to end my awesome streak (he was a halo freak playing constantly while I played rather casually) I killed him, took his bubble shield and his sniper, no scoped the guy who took my shotgun, threw down the bubble shield grabbed MY shotgun and proceeded to get ANOTHER open season before winning the match

Sarah Kerrigan

Jan 17, 2010
I actually beat a korean person in Starcraft II

That was a WTF or Holy $&!# did I just do that? moment...I squealed with glee but still didn't believe I did it.

Akalistos

Apr 23, 2010
dathwampeer said:
Akalistos said:
dathwampeer said:
Akalistos said:
dathwampeer said:
Akalistos said:
dathwampeer said:
Akalistos said:
dathwampeer said:
Akalistos said:
dathwampeer said:
Akalistos said:
snip to save messyness

First off. You replied to me first. In a condescending and unnecessary manner. I just posted a video saying that 'at-least it's realistic.' I didn't say that gave it any inherent worth. You assumed that's what I said. I then defended realisms place in a game that's trying to be realistic. If you refute either of those points (That it makes it realistic and that realism is a good idea for a game trying to be realistic) then you're an idiot. Pure and simple.

And for future reference. If you don't want to be called a Troll. Don't act like one. (Making fun of someone's screen name for no real reason is a good way to act like a Troll.)
Ah, shut up. Your not better than anyone... in fact, YOU DID EVERYTHING TO MAKE ME LOSE MY PATIENCE. INTERAIRPLAY is right. Just shut up.
Akalistos said:

You're the one who frikin started it. My god. Do not try to take the freaking high road after intentionally flaming someone.

I?m just going to link your first comment to me. It speaks for itself.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/9.234760-Holy-did-I-just-do-that#8323170

If you don?t want to get into needles arguments. Drop the attitude. And certainly don?t accuse others of doing what you did.
I didn't have to drop anything. What i said, i meant it in that post and you prove me right when all you could say is that it's realist because it happen in RL... Which i have written now more than i wish to care about. And hey, Say what you will about me, you haven't put anything more to the table and as INTERAIRPLAY said, I'll be the bigger man and let it go.

Apr 29, 2010
dathwampeer said:
Akalistos said:
I didn't have to drop anything. What i said, i meant it in that post and you prove me right when all you could say is that it's realist because it happen in RL... Which i have written now more than i wish to care about. And hey, Say what you will about me, you haven't put anything more to the table and as INTERAIRPLAY said, I'll be the bigger man and let it go.
I said drop the attitude if you don't want arguments. As in don't be a dick if you want a nice conversation. If you'd have said. 'I think I prefer games with a completely level playing field.' I'd have said 'fair enough' and left it at that. Instead you decided to point things out to me that I already knew in a way that makes it look like I'd misinteroperated something.

That would piss anyone off.

Then you decided to ramble on about it not being fair. From one person saying something happened to them once on a game, you deduced the game is unfair. :/

My only argument has ever been is that if this was an intentional mechanic it makes it more realistic, not better... realistic. follow the link I gave you. Right back to the beginning, my first post.... yea.

It's not my fault you were a dick.
Are you guys done arguing or whatever it was you were doing?

Akalistos

Apr 23, 2010
dathwampeer said:
Akalistos said:
I said drop the attitude if you don't want arguments. As in don't be a dick if you want a nice conversation. If you'd have said. 'I think I prefer games with a completely level playing field.' I'd have said 'fair enough' and left it at that. Instead you decided to point things out to me that I already knew in a way that makes it look like I'd misinteroperated something.

That would piss anyone off.

Then you decided to ramble on about it not being fair. From one person saying something happened to them once on a game, you deduced the game is unfair. :/

My only argument has ever been is that if this was an intentional mechanic it makes it more realistic, not better... realistic. follow the link I gave you. Right back to the beginning, my first post.... yea.

It's not my fault you were a dick.
Didn't read it and... delete. Next!