HOLY FU- Anonymous is PISSSSSED!

Terminate421

Jul 21, 2010
CarlMinez said:
Alright this has gone to far. If they people who calls themselves Anonymous actually want to defeat SOPA, they should start by taking down themselves.

I mean Christ, these preposterous hackers will only serve to make it hard for people to view the opposition seriously.

Maybe if people would stop paying attention to their stupid media-stunts, they will disappear.
Kinda hard to do when the Federal Bureau of Investigation has been taken down. It won't stop them from working but its the FBI, you know, men in black, people in suits who know secret shit almost as much as the CIA.

CarlMin

Jun 6, 2010
Terminate421 said:
CarlMinez said:
Alright this has gone to far. If they people who calls themselves Anonymous actually want to defeat SOPA, they should start by taking down themselves.

I mean Christ, these preposterous hackers will only serve to make it hard for people to view the opposition seriously.

Maybe if people would stop paying attention to their stupid media-stunts, they will disappear.
Kinda hard to do when the Federal Bureau of Investigation has been taken down. It won't stop them from working but its the FBI, you know, men in black, people in suits who know secret shit almost as much as the CIA.
I know myself that it's not going to happen, I'm just worried about the damage that Anom has caused the SOPA-protesters.

AngloDoom

Aug 2, 2008
BoogieManFL said:
I don't see the part that explains why I should care.

OT:

Honestly, if this bill does go through I'd be quite happy joining up with some of these attacks. I used to think that such actions would provide a kind of justification for measures such as SOPA and PIPA to regulate the internet, but I'd like to think that this form of protest just shows that the people affected are willing to do something about it all. Maybe I'm being uncharacteristically optimistic, but I'd prefer there to be more of these sorts of things rather than just take it laying down.

A3Bf72rVWE5hA

Nov 10, 2009
Bluntman1138 said:
You know, i would actually respect the group Anonymous if they werent Anonymous.

They are wussies hiding behind their computers. There is a difference between revolutionaries and "terrorists"..... Revolutionaries dont hide in their mothers basement. Nor do they hide behind masks, but "terrorists" do.

PS. i use the word "terrorists" because there really isnt another term to call these jag-offs.
I believe "vigilante" would be fitting

OT: so long as bills like SOPA and PIPA aren't passed, I can pretend anonymous are all great and splendid. otherwise, it would just make them look like angry children in a way.

kebab4you

Jan 3, 2010
Again, they are referring too using the LOIC program as hacking, it isn't. Any smuck can type in an IP address and push "fire"... I do more "hacking" when I just the school security T.T"

And seeing how this will only be a minor inconvenience(assuming they don't follow up with something good) I doubt any of the companies will care :<

Edit: So I did some more reading and they passed around a troyan also which turned PCs into drones. Niftier, still doesn't help all that much.

Ympulse

Feb 15, 2011
Stop overreacting, monkies. DDoS is nothing more than, as posted before, tearing down a flyer someone put up. There isn't any hacking going on. The FBI hasn't magically shut down, everything is continuing as it did yesterday and the day before, they just don't have working websites.

natster43

Jul 10, 2009
Well then everybody. Let us watch this glorious train wreck happen! Someone pass the popcorn.

moviedork

Mar 25, 2011
AnotherAvatar said:
moviedork said:
V8 Ninja said:
I love how out of all of the things available to rage about, anonymous chooses trying to get revenge over a site that has always had the association of being a haven for streaming copyrighted material. To me, this makes anonymous a painfully hilarious band of dedicated idiots.
Not only that but they are gasp PROFITING off the consumers who want the ability to share copyrighted material. What Megaupload is doing is completely criminal.
It's not about what the site does, it's about fighting censorship. One site goes down, it sets a precedent that could put any site down...

Wake up.
With Megaupload gone, it helps fight SOPA since less of a threat (profiting off storlen- copyrighted material) means less of a push from the industries that originally supported the bill.

rissr

Dec 13, 2011
if sopa does pass... oh god what will they do then. i dont even want to think about it

sgt. soap mctavish

Jun 13, 2010
Might as well jump in the bunker. I also got some music:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vvt3NW97Rko&list=PLD4FB0EBACC0597B4&index=110&feature=plpp_video

Mike Lemus

Feb 23, 2011
SOPA would just cripple the internet as we know it and all this free flow of awesome ideas at the click of a button would cease. I cringe at the notion of that.

SonOfVoorhees

Aug 3, 2011
YAWN. Anon throwing their toys out the pram. Nothing they do will change anything, yet they will make a big deal about it and within a day or to will be forgotten again. Just like before. Ddos attacks are an inconvenience to those companies, nothing more.

I do like how they standup for the rights for a person to take what isnt there property for free off the internet but not the rights of a person to be paid for something they made and created and own the rights to. Lets hope these people that pirate and download stuff for free one day create something, a book, film or music. An I hope everyone pirates the crap out of it.

Lionsfan

I miss my old avatar
Jan 29, 2010
Am I one of the only ones who doesn't care? Not because it's not newsworthy but because they didn't actually do anything? All they did was crash their websites for a day at the most, whoop de fucking doo, yet people here are treating Anon like they're some vampire of the internet who will kill everyone if they step out of line

Kopikatsu

May 27, 2010
Bringing down sites for a few hours is 'all out war'?

Alarmists are out in full force I see.

yukshee

Oct 2, 2009
Jack the Potato said:
Anonymous is mad the government shut down a site that pretty much does NOTHING ELSE but stream copyrighted material? I will continue saying what I have always said: They are teenagers. Megaupload was lucky it lasted so long, and NOBODY should be surprised it's been shut down.

And of course, Anonymous "shuts down" a government website... for what? A day? *gasp* TWO DAYS?! Who cares? Even for the Dept. of Justice this is an annoyance at the very worst.
Calm down dear.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/health/emotional_health/mental_health/coping_angermanagement.shtml

Elementary - Dear Watson

RIP Eleuthera, I will miss you
Nov 9, 2010
O dear... This really doesn't sound very exciting...! :p

Seriously though... I do a lot of stuff on the internet, and if I hadn't clicked on this and read it I wouldn't have even known anything was happening. Its like a violent protest in a country far away (like syria) you can see all the despair and death on the media, but hell, it doesn't effect you in the slightest.

Siege_TF

May 9, 2010
Bluntman1138 said:
You know, i would actually respect the group Anonymous if they werent Anonymous.

They are wussies hiding behind their computers. There is a difference between revolutionaries and "terrorists"..... Revolutionaries dont hide in their mothers basement. Nor do they hide behind masks, but "terrorists" do.

PS. i use the word "terrorists" because there really isnt another term to call these jag-offs.
Three words: Boston. Tea. Party. No, not Palin's, the original, where a bunch of old gits decided to have the first cosplay in history.