Horribly wrong?

El Taco the Rogue

Feb 16, 2009
Have you ever had a preset opinion, and been totally wrong about a game? Have you ever thought something would be awful, and then loved it, or vice versa?

Citrus

Apr 25, 2008
I thought Far Cry 2 looked awesome.

Other than that, I have pretty good judgment.

dalek sec

Leader of the Cult of Skaro
Jul 20, 2008
I thought The World Ends With You would be a nice change from most JRPG's but I was so wrong. The controls and fighting style just ruined it for me.

El Taco the Rogue

Feb 16, 2009
dalek sec said:
I thought The World Ends With You would be a nice change from most JRPG's but I was so wrong. The controls and fighting style just ruined it for me.
See now I loved that game

Cesasse

Apr 18, 2009
First time I played Sins of A Solar Empire I closed it after about fifteen minutes.
Came back to it recently, found out it was worth playing a round or two. Good way to kill an afternoon.

On the other end, we probably have H.A.W.X.
I don't hate the game. In fact I enjoy it. It just wasn't the shot in the arm for the dogfight genre I hoped it would be.

Sevre

Old Hands
Apr 6, 2009
Well there is the whole Hellgate:London thing. Can't believe I got that wrong. So much hype gone to waste.

Mockingjay

Mar 3, 2009
Thought Wind Waker would be brilliant because 'OMG IT'S SOOOOO CUUUUUUUUUUTE!!!111' My poor naive younger self. So disappointed...

fenrizz

Feb 7, 2009
When I first got Age of Conan I thought it looked stunning and was gonna be my new favorite MMO.
I was wrong, oh so wrong.

Fightgarr

Concept Artist
Dec 3, 2008
Most of these seem to be disappointment stories. Hm... Well lets see, I went into Grim Fandango expecting to be bored (having had no prior knowledge of the game). I went into Assassin's Creed expecting it to be overbearingly difficult.
And I disagree with the Chrono Trigger/Chrono Cross dissappointment. Of course, I played the latter before the former but I thought Chrono Cross was a better game in every way.

willard3

Aug 19, 2008
Citrus Insanity said:
I thought Far Cry 2 looked awesome.

Other than that, I have pretty good judgment.
Same.

I'm not hating on the game, but it just wasn't for me. I got pretty bored after wandering around for a while, collecting safehouses and doing vague missions for a vague purpose. I understand that you're supposed to "make your own story", but I like a little more structure.

riftinducer

May 10, 2008
I used to think the GTA games were dull. Vice City changed my mind. San Andreas changed it again.

NeutralDrow

Mar 23, 2009
Soul Calibur 3. I wasn't horribly wrong to want it, but the console version was severely disappointing.

Cesasse

Apr 18, 2009
Sipher107 said:
I bought Civilization Revolution.... i have no idea why, it looked cool.

It sucked. Hard.
Ouch. Mate of mine hit the same pitfall, except he thought it would hopefully add some nice console part to Civ IV.

bodyklok

Feb 17, 2008
Sipher107 said:
I bought Civilization Revolution.... i have no idea why, it looked cool.

It sucked. Hard.
I know how you feel. The demo was so good, I couldn't stop myself! And now look, I'm stuck with a stupid game I hate.

Christemo

Jan 13, 2009
warhammer: age of reckoning. i have loved warhammer since i was 8. i had waited patiently for 6-7 months. it was incredibly to start with, but a huge amount of glitches, annoying story destroying and several classes (they are there now) and 4 capitals missing, i was quickly dissapointed. also because you only could reach lvl 40 (managed to lvl to lvl 28 on 1½ month, while playing on almost every class to try em.

it probably only sucked because EA Mythic made it.