How did YOU celebrate Osama's death?

almostgold

Dec 1, 2009
I'm sure most of you saw the footage of people partying in front of the White House, chanting U-S-A, U-S-A. Simliar parties happened at Times Square and Ground Zero, mostly by college kids.

So, how did YOU celebrate last night after hearing we got him?

Personally, I smoked a little, started downing (domestic) beers, and scrapped any plans to make it to my 9:10 class this morning. A lot of listening to "America Fuck Yeah" at the fraternity house was involved.

What about you?

Gabanuka

Oct 1, 2009
I didn't, I'm English and I know this isn't going really going to change anything. Though I am fine with others celebrating and I see why they do.

Laxman9292

Feb 6, 2009
Wow. Eerily similar to mine. Except frat house = dorms. Lotta clapping, chanting, drinking, and "'Merica, Fuck yeah"-ing.

owyndevaldeck

Aug 17, 2009
I made a heap of Hide and Seek Champion jokes which were generaly well received. Then I got on with my life.

krychek57

Some Random Dude
Apr 13, 2010
Smiled, stated "good for them" and went to bed.

Edit: when I heard the news, on the news.

fleischwolke

Feb 8, 2010
I sighed happily and said "Now the War on Terror is finally over! Now surely all our lost liberties shall be reinstated!"

manythings

Nov 7, 2009
I didn't. At all. There was about a 9% approval rating for the white house about a week ago and now they've pulled Osama out of their asses, killed him then disposed of any evidence. Sounds an awful lot like political bullshit.

Hashime

Jan 13, 2010
I don't really believe they actually killed osama. The details are too sketchy. He probably died of natural causes years ago.

SaberXIII

Apr 29, 2010
I second the second guy, I too am English and frankly realised the relative pointlessness of this event. Frankly, since Osama is a brand rather than the evil overlord of the terrorism doom-fortress then somebody else will have taken his place within the week. To answer the question, I revised and watched some telly.

Tulks

Dec 30, 2010
I didn't. Had to spend my entire day at work watching news coverage devoted to it, though.

navyjeff

Legacy
Dec 2, 2010
Country
United States
I turned on the news to listen to the president's speech. Then I wrote something on Facebook to inspire peace, and went back to finishing my classwork for the semester.

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
I made a joke about how we shouldn't have been looking in caves and proceeded not to care.

Okay, granted. We got the guy. Fine. But someone is ALWAYS going to be poised to make tragedy possible. Can we stop obsessing on one guy now? This isn't a Gears of War moment where the snake dies without the head.

ScoopMeister

Mar 12, 2011
Used my brain and realised that this won't have changed anything (in fact, probably made them worse), and that you Americans are being stupidly patriotic about some bearded guy dying.

Crazy_Dude

Nov 3, 2010
I am disgusted that people even celebrate this. Yes he was the most wanted terrorist in the world but he has been hiding the past 10 years now I had forgotten about him years ago.

I read the news on the Internet and checked our local news. After 5 minutes I had to shut it off. I couldnt stand anymore people shouting USA USA USA and drinking themselves drunk while waving a huge flag in the camera.

Dr. Crawver

Doesn't know why he has premium
Nov 20, 2009
I didn't, luck fuck am I celebrating the death of a man, no matter who he was

Stilt-Man

Dec 31, 2009
I took a tally of how many Tweets, message board posts, and FB statuses stated "Obama is dead". Other than that, nothing.

I'm not going to say people shouldn't celebrate. But, I see this as more a symbolic victory (not to mention a political move), rather than "Yahoo! We won the war on terrorism!" Nothing's really going to change. At least, not in a good way. There will always be terrorists, and they'll always have leaders.