How did YOU celebrate Osama's death?

Nmil-ek

Dec 16, 2008
I did nothing, I'm Scottish and these last 8 years have been a complete fiasco of propoganda, pointless invasions and a massive breakdown in multicultural relations congrats Osama you won you got America to Shoot itself in it's own foot and tank the Worlds economy for whats coming up to be a second time. The middle east now despises the western world as a people rather than small encampments of over zealous extremists and justifiably so.

I sincerley hope this is just a brief passing page in history and our new Chinese overlords are kinder to the world.

But yeah USA, USA, USA!

Brutal Peanut

This is so freakin aweso-BLARGH!
Oct 15, 2010
I'm an American and I didn't celebrate. Had this been within the first year and we hadn't lost so many lives and so much money in the process - just for this one man,..I may have felt a bit differently. Probably would have been a bit excited about it as well, but I'm not.

I know I'll probably get into a few discussions (heated on their side) about this with people I know personally, and knowing that makes me tired already.

Patinator

Oct 20, 2009
Didn't, i thought it was just kind of horrible when i thought about it. An entire country celebrating a man's death. I don't care what he did, it was just disconcerting. At least our government treated him with some respect when handling the body.

BlackEagle95

Apr 3, 2011
I yelled "I knew it!" When I found out he was in Pakistan, Debated the possible outcomes on Facebook, got a little skeptical when they mentioned the sea burial(but really, who would take him?), and then got on with life. In reality, his death is symbolic more than anything else, but it's a major morale killer.

KingofallCosmos

Nov 15, 2010
Wait whut? I just tried to post on the bin laden joke thread and it's closed. But this is ok?
I don't know, seems to me humor is a good way to express difficult emotions, also better for your PR (as opposed to dancing in the street or w/e)

GreyKnight3445

Nov 2, 2010
No. Because unlike the rest of the sheeple I realize that NOTHING IS GOING TO CHANGE! WE WILL STILL BE IN 2 WARS STARTED BY A MORON! Seriously these people are making my head hurt.

Ledan

Apr 15, 2009
My reaction: "Nah, no pic = probably didn't happen" and then "Didn't they claim that they killed him a couple of years ago?" and then when I saw the news "..... Those people are celebrating someone's DEATH. That's just disgusting"

Dyp100

Jul 14, 2009
I didn't, it seems kinda pointless and barbaric to celebrate the supposed death of a man.

Also, it's very possible he isn't dead, this has happened before, you know?

Calbeck

Bearer of Pointed Commentary
Jul 13, 2008
pliusmannn said:
i believe this was a coverup to steal oil from those countries
Afghanistan doesn't have any, and the countries who got the Iraqi oil contracts were mainly France, Russia and China --- all of which have nationalized their oil corporations. Not one American company bothered to stay in the bids past the first round (only two entered to start with).

Why? Because the Iraqi government placed large surcharges on each barrel of oil extracted, making profitability marginal at best. The government-owned oil companies don't care about profit, so the nations who were OPPOSED to the war got the oil and the Iraqi government gets the money.

You're welcome. -:)

KValentine

Mar 4, 2009
By continuing to pay nearly $50 for a tank of gas and talking to my friends who are still looking for a job in this economy.

dkyros

Dec 11, 2008
Exocet said:
I did nothing,because I know that it changes nothing.You don't celebrate when you cut off one of the hydra's heads,and that's exactly what happened.Osama will be replaced and probably already has.
This isn't a victory,it's the payoff of years of tunnel vision "herp derp we must kill Bin Laden".

The day we work out issues and finally get some semblance of peace is the day I will celebrate.
Until then,you won't see me chanting the name of my country when it effectively turns a influencial enemy into a martyr,it's throwing napalm on a fire.

dkyros said:
blah, the thread is filled with trolls. If you didn't celebrate then don't post. Is that soo hard? We get it your not American, or your too smart to let loose.

I have a final tomorrow, but me and my roommate chilled for like an hour and a half, met up with some people from across the way and watched the news. Not much but we were getting loud.
We state our opinions in a rational fashion,and we're trolls?
And what does nationality and intelligence have to do with anything? If anything,you're the troll for bringing it up and flame baiting.
I say trolls bc there is another forum right next to this one that says 'Osama Bin Laden Celebrations labelled "Disguisting". If you want to be logical and state well thought out ideas there is a place for that. Nationality matters because the largest attack happened against the US. I don't expect non-Americans to understand what we went through. The events of that day changed everything in our nation, and it changed me as I lived in NY at the time. And I say intelligence because yeah it might not change anything in the long run but its nice to know we are achieving some of our goals. Our mission is a war on terror, which is almost self defeating, but a Goal in that war was to get Osama. So, yeah Celebration is in order!

DustyDrB

Made of ticky tacky
Jan 19, 2010
I was watching the Mets @ Phillies game on ESPN and they announced it. The fans started cheering "USA! USA!" and the players were confused.

How are you supposed to react to that? It's justice, a principle I hold to. But I felt no emotional reaction. It's good that the people who were directly affected by the 9/11 attacks can see justice. Aside from that, I don't know that this changes anything.

whycantibelinus

Sep 29, 2009
manythings said:
I didn't. At all. There was about a 9% approval rating for the white house about a week ago and now they've pulled Osama out of their asses, killed him then disposed of any evidence. Sounds an awful lot like political bullshit.
My thoughts exactly. Seems rather convenient this being the 10 year anniversary of the terrorist attacks that he supposedly masterminded, also seems rather convenient that it happens the year before an election year so that Mr. Obama can take a bunch of credit where it is certainly not due and gain approval and more than likely clinch the White House in 2012 as "The Man Who Killed Bin Laden!"

OT: I celebrated by drinking a 40 of Olde English and and then slaughtering Locust in Horde mode. Though that is generally my nightly activity so I don't know if you'd call it celebrating.

pliusmannn

Dec 4, 2008
Calbeck said:
pliusmannn said:
i believe this was a coverup to steal oil from those countries
Afghanistan doesn't have any, and the countries who got the Iraqi oil contracts were mainly France, Russia and China --- all of which have nationalized their oil corporations. Not one American company bothered to stay in the bids past the first round (only two entered to start with).

Why? Because the Iraqi government placed large surcharges on each barrel of oil extracted, making profitability marginal at best. The government-owned oil companies don't care about profit, so the nations who were OPPOSED to the war got the oil and the Iraqi government gets the money.

You're welcome. -:)
Thank you, i really am not in touch with these this things nowdays as i have more important stuff to put in my head. Maybe the war will end, that is good, since this war is kinda unfair, when empire takes charge against few, maybe arogant, anarchist people, and all nation has to suffer. War has it's positive points, science and technology advances, but if we could improve ourselves without slaughter and hatred then i would not call humanity a spawn of satan.