How did you lose your gaming virginity?

ExHail

Nov 28, 2009
The first real game I played was Command&Conquer: Tiberium Sun in 2000. What a fantastic first game to play it was, I was hooked from there and have not looked back since. Continued to explore driving simulation(Need for Speed), RPG(Dungeon Seige, Titan Quest, Morrowind), RTS(Warcraft series, not WoW rubbish, Command&Conquer series, Supreme Commander) and FPS games(CS, TF2, Battlefield, Call of Duty, Half-Life).

For consoles I really can't remember which one I had but I enjoyed Mario Brothers, Battle Tanks and Adventure Island the most. After that on to some Sega console to play Mortal Combat and Sonic. Besides those games I never really got into console gaming, didn't care much for the restrictive game pads and the lack of diversity(lacking RPG, RTS and FPS games at the time) so I became a PC only gamer.

Lord Beautiful

Aug 13, 2008
It was either Tetris or Super Mario Bros., both of which on the NES. However, it wasn't until Ninja Gaiden on the Xbox that I actually became good at games. I was a very very late bloomer in gaming skill.

Batfred

Nov 11, 2009
It was a gaming system call a Vectrex which - as the name would suggest - used vector graphics. The first actual game was called Minefiled which to the rest of us was Asteroids. I think I would have been about 6 (26 years ago!). There were about 20 + games available on it and they were great for the time.

Bonus points if you had or even had heard of a vectrex.

Sallix

Apr 9, 2008
I was about 7 or 8 and gto snes, i lost it to Joe and Mac: Caveman Ninja.

i love how dirty that sounds :D

Sion_Barzahd

Jul 2, 2008
According to my family, almost immediately. After i got home i always wanted to be near whoever was playing on gameboys etc.

:) Far as i can remember, the original gameboy, SNES, Sega and atari jaguar have always been there.

technoted

Nov 9, 2009
not sure, i always had a amstrad cpc and spectrum in my room as a little kid so probably hammered the buttons to some bright colours when i was born first game i can remember though is either dizzy the egg series or harrier attack

funguy2121

Oct 20, 2009
Joshroom said:
Yes, this thread is as geeky as it sounds. I was just wondering what games were peoples first introduction into the bright, fantastic and sometimes kinda sad, but in an accetpable way, world of gaming.

For myself I was a late bloomer and was about 7 when I first played on what I consider a proper game, i.e. one that has levels and not just adding numbers, and that was Yoshi's Island on the SNES; which I still consider to this day one of the best games ever.
Parsec, a side-scrolling space shooter on the TI-99. And no, Americans, that's not a calculator. We also had Pac-Man, and that's about all I was old enough to play.

Then we went to a restaurant, Bobby Valentine's (cookie for the athlete reference), in 1987. And guess what game I played for the first time there?

Super Mario Brothers. Wasn't even aware of a home system. I got it the following christmas.

Gasaraki

Oct 15, 2009
total annihilation when i was maybe 7 or 8

even to this day it's still the best rts that i've ever played and i still play it every once in a while

mindclockwork

Jul 17, 2008
pac man on commandore 64. it was simply legendary.

crimson skies was first 'proper' game i played along with homeworld and need for speed II and III. and also there was bit of rollercoaster tycoon... ah those times.

Amenta Kaiser

Oct 26, 2009
Sonic the Hedgehog on the Sega Genesis was my first, but Sonic Adventure on the Sega Dreamcast was my love. :D

Drone89

Nov 22, 2009
Super Mario/Duck Hunt and Ultima Exodus on the Nintendo NES... I was 5 and had noooo idea what an RPG was lol

Vrex360

Badass Alien
Mar 2, 2009
The first game I played that I can recal was a simple game of Space Invaders. Before that I was a young naive boy but then I met that girl Space Invaders and she showed me things I could not even imagine and was one of the main things that would lead to a whole new world for me.

cheeseslapper

Nov 9, 2009
first games i played was the indiana jones point and click games by lucas art quickly followed by Doom when i was about 4 which hassnt harmed my mind in anyway playing suck a brutaly violant game when i was soo young cause im a real person not some ficional character who thinks since ive seen it in a gmae i should go out into the street and start shooting ppl.. im not australian btw.

slackbheep

Sep 10, 2008
When I was about four, with Mario Bros for the NES. I liked it so much at a cousins while visiting that I got one for Christmas.

Pacman_69_42

Jun 13, 2009
When I stumbled upon this thread I was ready to talk bout my first time playing mario kart ds during sex but I read a few posts and yea so onto the ot I woulda been about 4-5 and we had an old dos computer with doom on it the games were awesome for the time