How did you lose your gaming virginity?

Gavran

Aug 22, 2009
Tintin and the Temple of the Sun, for the Gameboy (the original). I was 7 at the time, and got pretty much all next versions of the gameboy up to the Advance SP and a ton of games. My first PC gaming experience was Tomb Raider if I recall correctly, but back then it scared the shit out of me so I never got very far with it (I did watch my dad play though, back before he stopped gaming).

Sampsa

May 8, 2008
Prince of Persian 1 or some Commander Keen, most likely 4th. Around 3 or 4 years.

Do4600

Oct 16, 2007
I never had my gaming virginity to start with, the earliest memory I have of playing video games was playing something with a joystick and one orange button on it. The first video game I remember by name wanting to play was Castlevania: Simon's Quest.

dark-amon

Aug 22, 2009
Battletoads over at a friends house. We got so owned that we got to the drivingsegment and we didn't get any longer.

twcblaze

Lurker Extraordinaire
Jun 18, 2009
for me, it was frogger at an arcade at the age of 3, my brother had to get me a stool so I could play it, lol, now I'm 20 and I've moved on to more complicated "funstrations"

Brightzide

Nov 22, 2009
I was 3 or 4 years old. The good old 32-bit Sega Megadrive. Kid Chameleon was my first game...and it rocked...not that I was any good at it ^_^

Chaossebba

Aug 11, 2008
Since i was three i had a Megadrive with all sorts of games. (That's a Genesis for you Americans)

selce

Nov 27, 2007
the first game ever would probably be the one i played on my parents IBM back when i was like 4, you would go around and pick kids up in a bus...now i want to play it again :(

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
Lost it to Sonic...about....wayyyyyy too many years ago.

Still remember my first foray into the Green Hill Zone =D

NicolasMarinus

Sep 21, 2009
You are all soooo young! Doom when you were 3? I was 16 at the time of its release!

Mine must have been Sopwith (1984) or Paratrooper (1982) on an IBM PC with a 4 color CGA monitor!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Utl539wdBkk&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LdEJkJ5OX9k&feature=related

Back when "High resolution graphics" meant something else entirely!

CLEVERSLEAZOID

Mar 4, 2009
Alex the Kidd in Miracle World was the first console game I played, back on the Master System. I'd been playing Amstrad games before that though.