How do they get away with releasing games like Skyrim on consoles?

Dys

Sep 10, 2008
rob_simple said:
I'm currently typing this while I stare at a screenfreeze on my TV.

After battling through a fort siege while the framerate consistently spluttered and wheezed it finally locked up on the last guy. I'd previously quit the game and reloaded because on my way to the siege the game kept stuttering every two or three steps and I hoped that stopping and starting again would remedy the problem. It did not.

Now, if I was playing this on a PC I could turn the specs down and hope it runs smoother, but as a console gamer my only choice is to reset and hope I can get through it without another freeze, just like every other time there is a problem with a console game (which has become far more frequent since developers were given the option to release patches, I notice).

This is the exact experience I've had with every Bethesda game I've played, although I must admit Skyrim has ran considerably better than either of the Fallout games, so I have to ask: How do Bethesda get away with repeatedly releasing these games on consoles when the hardware is barely capable of supporting them?

That's like Ford selling me a car with pedals instead of an engine.

EDIT: Okay, since I've had to repeat myself about fifty times to a chorus of 'UR DOIN IT WRONG!' let me clarify a few things...

-I am playing on PS3
-This is my new PS3 slim that I bought to replace my bricked fat PS3 last year.
-I have played Fallout 3 and New Vegas on my old console and I experienced all the bugs.
-I have played Skyrim on my new console and experienced all the bugs.
-I take excellent care of my discs and hardware because that shit cost money, yo.
-If you take five seconds to do a Google search, you will see I am not the only one with these problems.

Hope that clears a few things up.
You're mistaken if you think the PC experience is any better. This trend of making a game and cutting corners so it "works" on several platforms is at best an flawed. From what I've heard the PS3 version of Skyrim is worse off than the PC version, but the (relatively) small PC market ensures a far more half assed produt than what you'd get on an xbox (no doubt the relatively low playstaion playerbase is why it's so poor on ps3).

notsosavagemessiah

Jul 23, 2009
Maybe I'm the odd man out here... but i've never had any problems with this game minus the occasional frame rate drop (even then it's only for a few seconds). Granted, I have it on the 360. Now, BF3 on the other hand....

rob_simple

Elite Member
Aug 8, 2010
Dys said:
You're mistaken if you think the PC experience is any better. This trend of making a game and cutting corners so it "works" on several platforms is at best an flawed. From what I've heard the PS3 version of Skyrim is worse off than the PC version, but the (relatively) small PC market ensures a far more half assed produt than what you'd get on an xbox (no doubt the relatively low playstaion playerbase is why it's so poor on ps3).
I wouldn't know anything about the PC market, but what I do know is that if I have a problem with a PC game I can go on forums and search for patches or ways to tweak the settings to make it run. Hell if I really know what I'm doing I could even make my own patch.

On a console if it's fucked, it's fucked; I'm at the mercy of developers to fix it. That's why I have a problem with broken games being released on consoles more than any other platform.

Thatrocketeer

Feb 16, 2012
Joccaren said:
El Dwarfio said:
Says the guy who's developed dozens of huge, expansive, flawless, triple a RPGs in his lifetime. Seriously mate your a fucking hero.
The whole "You've never developed a AAA game" argument is rather moot considering other companies manage to create games without anywhere near as many bugs, and Bethesda themselves have shown they can fix such bugs - they just haven't gotten round to it yet.
Nice to see you're just nitpicking the "Triple A" part of what he said there dude. Those companies never developed an whole world that you can actively explore anywhere you want. Tell you what, since you tend to chalk these bugs are a result of Bethesda's laziness, let's see you fix these bugs. They've released the CK, so I'd like to see what you can actually do instead of just running your mouth since obviously you know so much about coding a sandbox world.

And the Gothic series DOES have more bugs than Skyrim. Gothic 3 doesn't even work without patches. Clearly you're just nostalgic.

Zack Alklazaris

Oct 6, 2011
I don't buy games on consoles because of the loading times. Go to a new section in the game and wait for the dvd to load the new content. Screw that, put it on the PC and let my HD do the work.

I have had some issues with games freezing. Which is surprising considering patches are now generally expected even in console games. It makes me wonder if its to do with the Xbox itself. I remember when I had the original Xbox I went through 3 of them before I gave up.

RedEyesBlackGamer

The Killjoy Detective returns!
Jan 23, 2011
rob_simple said:
I'm currently typing this while I stare at a screenfreeze on my TV.

After battling through a fort siege while the framerate consistently spluttered and wheezed it finally locked up on the last guy. I'd previously quit the game and reloaded because on my way to the siege the game kept stuttering every two or three steps and I hoped that stopping and starting again would remedy the problem. It did not.

Now, if I was playing this on a PC I could turn the specs down and hope it runs smoother, but as a console gamer my only choice is to reset and hope I can get through it without another freeze, just like every other time there is a problem with a console game (which has become far more frequent since developers were given the option to release patches, I notice).

This is the exact experience I've had with every Bethesda game I've played, although I must admit Skyrim has ran considerably better than either of the Fallout games, so I have to ask: How do Bethesda get away with repeatedly releasing these games on consoles when the hardware is barely capable of supporting them?

That's like Ford selling me a car with pedals instead of an engine.

EDIT: Okay, since I've had to repeat myself about fifty times to a chorus of 'UR DOIN IT WRONG!' let me clarify a few things...

-I am playing on PS3
-This is my new PS3 slim that I bought to replace my bricked fat PS3 last year.
-I have played Fallout 3 and New Vegas on my old console and I experienced all the bugs.
-I have played Skyrim on my new console and experienced all the bugs.
-I take excellent care of my discs and hardware because that shit cost money, yo.
-If you take five seconds to do a Google search, you will see I am not the only one with these problems.

Hope that clears a few things up.
I feel your pain. I just gave up, traded in Skyrim and got games that actually worked.
FalloutJack said:
Every game has had some sort of problem, somewhere along the lines. Some freeze, some glitch, some malfunction, or some accident. There has never been a perfect game. And this is the first time I've heard about Skyrim doing that.
Your joking, right? Skyrim on the PS3 has well documented, severe flaws such as a framerate that gets worse the longer you play.

RedEyesBlackGamer

The Killjoy Detective returns!
Jan 23, 2011
rob_simple said:
Okay, so at this point everyone in defense of games and consoles being better than ever seems to be of the opinion that we dissenters need to shut our mouths; that we have no right to complain.

Here's my right: I paid money for a game, you damn well better believe I want it to work. I've made my peace with games being three or four times more expensive than any other media, but to justify that significant price gulf I'd like it if the games I bought actually freaking ran without crashing or needing to be tweaked.

QED: One solution I found to the long loading times in Skyrim was to turn off auto-saving, and it totally worked. But here's the thing: I was playing on the PS3, not a PC. I shouldn't be having to turn off features to get a game to perform to the maximum.

I'm going to try deleting some saves as someone suggested and doing the 30 day wait and see if that improves things but even if it does, the entire benefit of a console over a PC is that I'm not supposed to have to perform my own debugging.

What the hell ever happened to plug in and play?
Just ignore them. I got told the same things when I had the audacity to point out that Skyrim was fundamentally flawed for me.

Joccaren

Elite Member
Mar 29, 2011
Thatrocketeer said:
Nice to see you're just nitpicking the "Triple A" part of what he said there dude. Those companies never developed an whole world that you can actively explore anywhere you want. Tell you what, since you tend to chalk these bugs are a result of Bethesda's laziness, let's see you fix these bugs. They've released the CK, so I'd like to see what you can actually do instead of just running your mouth since obviously you know so much about coding a sandbox world.

And the Gothic series DOES have more bugs than Skyrim. Gothic 3 doesn't even work without patches. Clearly you're just nostalgic.
Umm...
1. WoW. Big active world (As active as Skyrim anyway, if not moreso [AKA: Not really active at all without player input]), you can go all over the place in it, AND its an MMO. Mass Effect 1, whilst not all joined and without you being able to go to every planet in every system, had a pretty fair amount of area for you to traverse. Nowhere near as many bugs as Skyrim. Whilst Skyrim is indeed large, a fair majority of the bugs are things that they either have already dealt with in other scenarios, or are mistakes that would be half obvious to almost anyone. Or are, you know, game breaking on certain platforms.
2. If I thought it was worth it, I would go use the CK to fix bugs - joining the others out there doing just that. Sadly, however, I see no reason to do so as Skyrim was utterly unenjoyable after the first few hours, and doing it to simply prove a point is a massive waste of my time - which would be better spent playing fun games or doing work, or even working on my own mini game projects. I might also remind you that, for all Bethesda knows about programming Open Sandbox worlds, Oblivion was basically unplayable without a fan made patch. Fan Made. Not Bethesda. Go tell them that Bethesda isn't lazy, when they did the hard work to make the game work when Bethesda CBF.
3. I have not had a single problem with Gothic 3 PC to date. I have by no means finished it, but it works and runs perfectly fine. In Skyrim, within my first ten hours I had encountered about 20 bugs, mostly related to quest items not becoming unflagged as quest items and quests being unable to be completed thanks to the objective to the quest having already been completed (Without even looking at Skyrim's code, I can propose a somewhat simple means to fix this [Though editing the engine probably isn't a good idea. I guess it depends how in depth they made the CK]: If then else and some variables. Once that objective is complete, flag the variable as 'Yes' [Boolean Variable. Could use string for more than Yes/No, but I don't think you'll need that], then run an if/then/else when that objective is required in the quest. If variable == yes then complete objective else do nothing. Problem should be solved by that. As said, haven't looked at Skyrim, but I can't see how that would conflict with anything, and it should solve the problem). Within 8 hours of following the main quest, I encountered a main quest bug that left it not completable: Esbern finished his speech when you meet him within 0.5 seconds, and didn't unlock his door. I had to download a fan made mod to fix that. Tell me that's not Bethesda being lazy.

Stop hiding behind the 'You haven't made a AAA game' shield, and take a look at Bethesda's track record, and their fan made patch track record. The Oblivion Fan Made patch fixes over 2,200 bugs on its own. For Bethesda being the experts, why are the fans so much better at this than they are?

Bethesda get away with releasing extremely buggy games for little to no reason. Their fans constantly pass it off as 'Its Bethesda's thing' or 'Its a large world, it MUST have bugs!'. Truth is, they aren't excuses at all. If fans can fix over 2,200 bugs in one Bethesda game, yet Bethesda can't address one of them, that doesn't speak very well for the latter argument, and the first is no defence at all.

Thatrocketeer

Feb 16, 2012
Joccaren said:
1. WoW. Big active world (As active as Skyrim anyway, if not moreso [AKA: Not really active at all without player input]), you can go all over the place in it, AND its an MMO. Mass Effect 1, whilst not all joined and without you being able to go to every planet in every system, had a pretty fair amount of area for you to traverse. Nowhere near as many bugs as Skyrim. Whilst Skyrim is indeed large, a fair majority of the bugs are things that they either have already dealt with in other scenarios, or are mistakes that would be half obvious to almost anyone. Or are, you know, game breaking on certain platforms.
That's because the WoW has been around for a long time. Every single update fixes bugs. They had alot of updates since 2004, and clients usually forces patches, that's why it doesn't seem so buggy when you play it. Try it vanilla, if it still exists, I'm sure it's just as buggy if not more so. As for mass effect, I never played the shit, and besides comparing mass effect with skyrim is irrelevant. ME's not a sandbox. You can't kill everyone you meet the moment that you meet them. You can't even attack in the cities. And not to mention exploration there is different since they only use small worldspaces compared to skyrim as well as travelling involves being in a car FFS.

2. If I thought it was worth it, I would go use the CK to fix bugs - joining the others out there doing just that. Sadly, however, I see no reason to do so as Skyrim was utterly unenjoyable after the first few hours, and doing it to simply prove a point is a massive waste of my time - which would be better spent playing fun games or doing work, or even working on my own mini game projects. I might also remind you that, for all Bethesda knows about programming Open Sandbox worlds, Oblivion was basically unplayable without a fan made patch. Fan Made. Not Bethesda. Go tell them that Bethesda isn't lazy, when they did the hard work to make the game work when Bethesda CBF.
Yeah, uh-huh. Spare me the excuses. If you can't do it just say so. Oh, and what was that? Oblivion was unplayable without patches? I'm sorry. I'm calling bullshit on that point. I was able to play and finish VANILLA oblivion without any of the needed patches. Oh, and that's not just me. Almost everyone who played oblivion have finished it in vanilla.

3. I have not had a single problem with Gothic 3 PC to date. I have by no means finished it, but it works and runs perfectly fine. In Skyrim, within my first ten hours I had encountered about 20 bugs, mostly related to quest items not becoming unflagged as quest items and quests being unable to be completed thanks to the objective to the quest having already been completed (Without even looking at Skyrim's code, I can propose a somewhat simple means to fix this [Though editing the engine probably isn't a good idea. I guess it depends how in depth they made the CK]: If then else and some variables. Once that objective is complete, flag the variable as 'Yes' [Boolean Variable. Could use string for more than Yes/No, but I don't think you'll need that], then run an if/then/else when that objective is required in the quest. If variable == yes then complete objective else do nothing. Problem should be solved by that. As said, haven't looked at Skyrim, but I can't see how that would conflict with anything, and it should solve the problem). Within 8 hours of following the main quest, I encountered a main quest bug that left it not completable: Esbern finished his speech when you meet him within 0.5 seconds, and didn't unlock his door. I had to download a fan made mod to fix that. Tell me that's not Bethesda being lazy.
I call bullshit on the Gothic 3 with no problems. You literally need the community patches to fix the stuttering as well as the sound on that game. Don't try to even lie by saying that you had no problem with it and it's not patched. Also, about that fix you're proposing, if you haven't even seen the the script they're using, I doubt that'd work.

Stop hiding behind the 'You haven't made a AAA game' shield, and take a look at Bethesda's track record, and their fan made patch track record. The Oblivion Fan Made patch fixes over 2,200 bugs on its own. For Bethesda being the experts, why are the fans so much better at this than they are?

Bethesda get away with releasing extremely buggy games for little to no reason. Their fans constantly pass it off as 'Its Bethesda's thing' or 'Its a large world, it MUST have bugs!'. Truth is, they aren't excuses at all. If fans can fix over 2,200 bugs in one Bethesda game, yet Bethesda can't address one of them, that doesn't speak very well for the latter argument, and the first is no defence at all.
I'm not hiding, that fact is still true, you still haven't made a triple a game, hell, you haven't even made a sandbox game. Fan made patches are bigger because they always report to the community rather than reporting to Bethesda back then, and the oblivion fix is a compiled fix from many people from the nexus as well as different communities, who have much more time and composed of much more people than Bethesda's team, compressed into one. Compared to back then, more fans are at least reporting more to Bethesda now and we can see the results due to the stream of patches from November up till now by Bethesda.

Bethesda "gets away" with releasing these games because of two important reasons. First off, An open world sandbox game have a huge amount of codes in it, and everyone knows that. With so many variables, trying to fix a small thing can have an adverse effect on a numerous amount of things in the world. No one can deny that fact. The second reason is that because Bethesda creates games that are actually fun as well as a different experience from the usual games around. People are more willing to forgive since not much games can allow you so much freedom to explore, to kill, etc. in a whole world that they can explore and go wherever they want. No games are like Bethesda's games, that's why they "get away" with it.

GoaThief

Reinventing the Spiel
Feb 2, 2012
Thatrocketeer said:
This guy speaketh the truth.

Sorry, but there is a lot of bullshit in this thread from some people who are clearly ignorant of many things.

David VanDusen said:
We challenged a friend of ours not to long ago who prides himself on being a CS Major. He likes to argue the same way most of the people here do with the comment of "No game is perfect."
Funny thing is I've had Angry Birds crash/lock up quite a few times and have several bugs in the game itself such as a cleared level never finishing due to broken physics. I've had virtually no bugs in Skyrim at all, let alone game-breaking ones. The worst I've had is a companion hovering on a ledge with one foot, purely cosmetic and fixed as soon as she moved. Save your ire for titles that actually deserve it.

Joccaren

Elite Member
Mar 29, 2011
Thatrocketeer said:
That's because the WoW has been around for a long time. Every single update fixes bugs. They had alot of updates since 2004, and clients usually forces patches, that's why it doesn't seem so buggy when you play it. Try it vanilla, if it still exists, I'm sure it's just as buggy if not more so. As for mass effect, I never played the shit, and besides comparing mass effect with skyrim is irrelevant. ME's not a sandbox. You can't kill everyone you meet the moment that you meet them. You can't even attack in the cities. And not to mention exploration there is different since they only use small worldspaces compared to skyrim as well as travelling involves being in a car FFS.
I highly doubt that when WoW originally came out it had as many bugs as Skyrim. Would it have had more bugs then now? Certainly. To the level of Skyrim? Technical issues related to hardware and networking maybe, but Blizzard games are generally pretty well polished on release. Skyrim honestly was not ready to be released with the numbers of bugs it has. Spend the time to fix them - especially major ones like the PS3 one - and then release it, and you'll have an argument.
Also, Mass Effect is quite comparible. Whilst it is not all connected at once, not all of Skyrim is loaded at once either. Both load and unload areas as needed, Mass Effect merely takes a different route of doing so. Both have large amounts of variables capable of affecting different things [A main part of your 'Its complex to make a large sandbox world' argument], and both have large areas that are able to be explored as well. Hell, ME probably has more variables due to all the conversation options. Also; you don't have to travel in a car. Its just recommended as there can be strong enemies about and large distances to cover. Play the game before you comment on it.
Also, you can't kill everyone you meet when you first bump into them in Skyrim either. There are numerous essentials characters, and whether or not you can kill people really doesn't speak for the game's complexity and how hard it was to make, only how many NPCs have had a certain flag ticked for them.

Yeah, uh-huh. Spare me the excuses. If you can't do it just say so. Oh, and what was that? Oblivion was unplayable without patches? I'm sorry. I'm calling bullshit on that point. I was able to play and finish VANILLA oblivion without any of the needed patches. Oh, and that's not just me. Almost everyone who played oblivion have finished it in vanilla.
Believe what you will, but I have told you the truth; there is no reason for me to use the CK to try and fix a game I won't play.
Also, Oblivion was basically unplayable without the fanmade patch. Can you make it through it? Sometimes. At least earlier on there were several performance and crashing issues, game breaking bugs and normal bugs that the unofficial patch fixed. If Bethesda have finally gotten around to fixing some of that crap... Its about time. BTW, PC version here. And I wouldn't say almost everyone. You will find a large number of people who had problems.

I call bullshit on the Gothic 3 with no problems. You literally need the community patches to fix the stuttering as well as the sound on that game. Don't try to even lie by saying that you had no problem with it and it's not patched. Also, about that fix you're proposing, if you haven't even seen the the script they're using, I doubt that'd work.
I call bullshit on it not working. Stuttering sounds like a lag issue or something, so maybe I'm spared as I have a pretty good PC, if there are sound issues I'd like to no what with. I always have music off, as most in game music from all games annoys me, and I haven't had any notable problems with other sounds so far. I am still very able to play it and make it through the game.
Also, how much do you know about code?
If nothing or very little, I don't think you can comment on whether or not something will or won't work. You seem to assume it is some big mystical thing judging by your comments relating to it, and it is no such thing. If implemented properly, the fix I proposed should not interfere with anything (It uses its own variables, and only affects the variable related to completing that objective in a quest - which really Bethesda shouldn't have linked to anything else. If they have, odds are that's part of the problem) and is simple enough that it should get the job done.

I'm not hiding, that fact is still true, you still haven't made a triple a game, hell, you haven't even made a sandbox game.
Ok, lets turn this around.
Have you made a AAA game?
Have you made a sandbox game?
Have you done any code at all in something at a minimum level of C#?
If you answered no to all, then you cannot comment on this as you do not understand it, and should not follow along with heresay without understanding what you are talking about.
If yes to the final one, do you seriously think that it would be that hard to fix the more simple, yet still questbreaking, bugs in Skyrim?
If yes to either of the first two, please, link me to it. I am most intrigued.

Fan made patches are bigger because they always report to the community rather than reporting to Bethesda back then, and the oblivion fix is a compiled fix from many people from the nexus as well as different communities, who have much more time and composed of much more people than Bethesda's team, compressed into one. Compared to back then, more fans are at least reporting more to Bethesda now and we can see the results due to the stream of patches from November up till now by Bethesda.
Regardless, there is a QA department at the company that tests games. Blatantly obvious bugs do come up in these places. Hell, its these guys JOB to find these bugs. They report straight to the devs. Tell me that they wouldn't have found the ton of bugs in either game, I dare you.
As for the size; Bethesda wrote the engine. They have hired professionals on staff, and coded the game. If they are unable to fix even 200 of those 2,200 bugs themselves - being the professionals - and are outclassed by people who haven't used the engine before, and don't know the games code - I have to ask who the hell Bethesda are hiring. No, I don't expect them to fix every one of those 2,200 bugs within a month (Though seeing as the fixes are out there, it wouldn't be too hard for Bethesda to find out what they've done and implement such fixes in an official patch), but progress should be made.
I have also been largely disappointed by most Skyrim patches. They have either introduced new bugs (Backwards flying dragons), or fixed exploits (Enchanting Alchemy) that could have been fun for people to use instead of more pressing bugs that show up [Though recently I have read that there have been a few bug fixes, there are still numerous things broken].

Bethesda "gets away" with releasing these games because of two important reasons. First off, An open world sandbox game have a huge amount of codes in it, and everyone knows that. With so many variables, trying to fix a small thing can have an adverse effect on a numerous amount of things in the world. No one can deny that fact. The second reason is that because Bethesda creates games that are actually fun as well as a different experience from the usual games around. People are more willing to forgive since not much games can allow you so much freedom to explore, to kill, etc. in a whole world that they can explore and go wherever they want. No games are like Bethesda's games, that's why they "get away" with it.
1. Every game has a huge amount of code in it. That is no excuse. It seems you simply take the mob excuse of 'Its large and open, therefore it must be hard to code' and use it. As for trying to fix a small thing having an adverse reaction - it depends on the thing, and how badly the game was originally coded. Changing the Dragon AI ended up causing dragons to fly backwards. Somewhat expectable considering that the flight is tied into the AI, and really that sort of stuff should have been picked up by QA and testing. Things like the fix I proposed tie into basically nothing. If they do tie into other things, I really have to question why. Without a very good reason it screams at me of sloppy coding. A simple variable should not have the butterfly effect on an engine. A key variable, maybe. Something as simple as 'Is this objective complete'? No.
I can agree with you that they get away with it because people are accepting of the mistakes they make as they like the games, but it really is no excuse. QA and testing, as well as Programming should be doing their job and getting rid of the numerous bugs that plague all Bethesda games.

rob_simple

Elite Member
Aug 8, 2010
Thatrocketeer said:
Bethesda creates games that are actually fun as well as a different experience from the usual games around. People are more willing to forgive since not much games can allow you so much freedom to explore, to kill, etc. in a whole world that they can explore and go wherever they want. No games are like Bethesda's games, that's why they "get away" with it.
I'm sorry, but I'd love to know what game you're playing, because all I see is the same game every company makes under the banner of 'fantasy RPG': People talking in olde English sending you on arbitrary fetch quests to copy-pasted dungeons.

Does it looks amazing? Yes. Is it worth exploring? Not really, because the majority of places are just set-pieces and there is no point in exploring them until you receive the quest to retrieve a random item/kill a bunch of people. I lost count of the amount of quests I started and was immediately able to turn in because I'd unwittingly completed them. Fable had the exact same problem, although admittedly to a much worse extent because there was literally no reason to go somewhere until you had to.

Maybe that's why I have such a problem understanding how Bethesda gets away with all this because as far as I'm concerned the games they make aren't anything particularly special in any regard other than their size.

Norks

Jan 21, 2010
I Have never had a single problem with Oblivion or Fallout 3 on my 360, Skyrim has only had a few freezes during loading screens, but they sort themselves out after about 30 seconds and I keep playing fine.

I'm starting to think that the problems with Bethesda games are only in the pc versions, particularly if anyone says Oblivion was "unplayable in vanilla". That's just nonsense.

tehroc

Jul 6, 2009
renegade7 said:
Skyrim would require a pretty high-end (expensive) computer to play. If the released exclusively for PC, they'd be cutting themselves off from a very sizeable player group.
Actually no it doesn't, my 2 year old quad core AMD/9800GT runs Skyrim on Ultra with no real problems.

Weaver

Overcaffeinated
Apr 28, 2008
I like how everyone in this thread is ignoring the incredibly well known performance issues with the PS3 and Skyrim.

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
As much as I love Skyrim and the TES franchise I laughed when it won "Game of the Year" awards based on its "artistic merit". I am sorry, I thought we were judging "Game of the Year"... doesn't that imply we are taking important aspects of the game in to account, you know, including whether or not the game actually works correctly? PS3 owners got boned hard. My 360 version isn't much better.

ErmaFranca

Mar 5, 2012
Just tried running straight to the tv, and then in 720p same results either way although i did come across come cool new options on the 360 display settings with the new update

fish games [http://www.fishferous.com/en-US/]

yaydod

Nov 29, 2011
Joccaren said:
El Dwarfio said:
Says the guy who's developed dozens of huge, expansive, flawless, triple a RPGs in his lifetime. Seriously mate your a fucking hero.
WoW. Does it have as many bugs as Skyrim? No.
The Mass Effect Trilogy combined doesn't have as many bugs as Skyrim.
Gothic doesn't have as many bugs.
Hell, very few non Bethesda games actually have as many bugs as Bethesda's least buggy game.

-snip-
Did you play Gothic 3? maybe not since you say Skyrime is less buggy. If you played Gothic 3 you will understand when i say WHERE IS THE GURU
This is game breaking bug that makes the game crashes because the game deos not free up the memory it used and always takes more.

OT: I read some where that the problems encounter on the PS3 is because of its strange memory allocation systeme.
I think they have 512MB of RAM (I might be wrong ), but it only gives 250MB for the game and 250MB for the PS3 systeme.
While on the Xbox360 you do not have those limitations.

Skyrim is a RAM sucker for a game and makes huge save files since it remebers every single item you moved around in the whole game. When you go out the game deosn't load just a small portion of the map, it loads the whole world ... so yeah it is kinda heavy on the e machine.

Last thing, this my PC elitiste side coming out ;p
This generation of consoles came out 5 or more years ago, and you can get a PC that has about twice the performance of a console now for aroud 400$
So yeah for games like Skyrim try if you can to get on PC for the better perfomance, Higer frame rate and the best reasons of all MOD POWER TO THE PEOPLE

EDIT : Forgot to tell you, if i read right you got ps3 Slim right? Well did you know that they downgraded the hardware on that model to make it "slim", so beware of the perfomances of your consoles and if a game bugs go look up what the sucker needs to work efficiently.

Atsumi_Warrior

Dec 15, 2010
Maybe your ps3 is just fucked?
All of my friends have all bought the game for different Consoles.
I got it on the pc.
And my two friends got it on the Xbox and the ps3
and to be honest the Pc Version seemed the most broken on release.
Also its easier to develop on consoles and that's where and how most games are developed these days.

Make sure you Cool as ps3 is well ventilated and not have crumbs in the disk tray before raging on forums with silly questions.

RoyalWelsh

Feb 14, 2010
I'm playing Skyrim on PS3 aswell and have had a few frame rate issues but nothing too bad so far *crosses fingers*. But yeah, I'm a lucky one, there are alot of people who has had really bad problems trying to play this game.

I don't think Bethesda are purposefully making the PS3 versions shitty though, but I think they shouldn't release the PS3 version until they are 100% satisfied that the game will actually work. If that means delaying it longer than the 360 and PC versions then fine. But they do make huge games with alot of things happening in them so they won't be completely bug/glitch free.