How do you calm down?

Decy19

Apr 15, 2009
when im mad as hell and screaming i just whisper to my self fuck fuck fuck jsut fill up my cup dont kiss me ***** you just threw up.(reference) I have no ideah how it calms me down but it does. so how do you calm down?

Cherry Cola

Your daddy, your Rock'n'Rolla
Jun 26, 2009
I play some Beatles Rockband.

Nothing beats the soothing sound of the Beatles while my brain turns off and my fingers automatically follow the commands the tv tells me.

ottenni

Aug 13, 2009
I exercise. It works wonders for me. And as it happens i am studying fitness. I think i may end up becoming a very calm person.

Lazarus Long

Nov 20, 2008
Slow, deep breaths, and as much quiet as I can wrestle away from who/whatever is making me mad. A cigarette if I can get one.

CouchCommando

Apr 24, 2008
Strike up a conversation with someone I don't know but act like I do "Hey mate/dude fancy catching you here? what have you been up to? Wow its been ages, anyway yeah this is my bus/train/taxi/flight so hey I'll catch you some other time", their barely disguised discomfort as they try to remember me is like a soothing balm for the soul.

vehystrix

Nov 18, 2009
I press start to pause the game, take a deep breath, and press replay mission/load from last save/ whatever makes you go back to before you screwed up for the gazillionth time to try again

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
I listen to some angry music.

Pearl Jam's Do The Evolution useally does the trick.

Julianking93

May 16, 2009
Meditation, listening to Jeremy Soule or jerk off.

What? Don't look at me like that. Everyone (except commi) does it

x0ny

Dec 6, 2009
Play some video games. If it's the video game which is driving me nuts, I play a different video game. If that fails, I just watch some cartoons. Like last night, nothing went right, I got my ass handed to me in CS, CoD4, and kept disconnecting in L4D. So ended the evening watching some south park.

GodofDisaster

Premium member
Sep 10, 2009
I play games or listen to music.

Although sometimes, I do something which my family considers strange. I light matches; I just light the matches take a look at the flame and then blow it out and I always do it outside for safety reasons. There is something about fire that just clams me down.

Sassafrass

This is a placeholder
Legacy
Aug 24, 2009
Country
United Kingdom
I listen to the calming Hymn of The Faith [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JaUCP6NpqY0] or Suteki Da Ne [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xlwSPMwAqbM] from the FFX soundtrack.

It works a treat.

Lim3

Feb 15, 2010
Bands like Mindless Self Indulgence. Singing along to Stupid MF really helps relive tension.

Alpha Centauri

Sep 7, 2009
Slaughter Zombies on L4D2 (on easy, when Im strest no need for me to get my ass kicked on exspert), or go onto facebook, and play... far.. no Mafia City