How do you explain bisexuals?

DefunctTheory

Not So Defunct Now
Mar 30, 2010
emeraldrafael said:
Plus they do threesomes sometimes, which is a plus in any case for some guys.
Don't put words in my collective sex's mouth please.

I found threesomes to be the worst kind of sex possible.

Ick.

emeraldrafael

Jul 17, 2010
AccursedTheory said:
emeraldrafael said:

Ick.
yeah.... I'm not retracting my statement.

I wasnt saying all guys, I was refering to the specific guy she's dating. Who does enjoy Threesomes. Dont be so assumptuous.

DefunctTheory

Not So Defunct Now
Mar 30, 2010
emeraldrafael said:
AccursedTheory said:
emeraldrafael said:

Ick.

I wasnt saying all guys, I was refering to the specific guy she's dating. Who does enjoy Threesomes. Dont be so assumptuous.
I could have swore you said every...

I must be losing it... my bad.

emeraldrafael

Jul 17, 2010
AccursedTheory said:
emeraldrafael said:
AccursedTheory said:
emeraldrafael said:

Ick.

I could have swore you said every...

I must be losing it... my bad.
No, I said in any case, which meant in any thing you can say about the relationship my friend is having. Cause thats all he's ever said when I brought up negatives that other people tell me to tell her.

martin's a madman

Aug 20, 2008
Eh. I don't know if I like heterosexual sex or homosexual sex in practise.
Only straight in theory I suppose.

That being said, I know almost positively that I could only ever have romantic relationships with women.

But I don't want to say I don't like something if I haven't tried it. (In reference to sex, that is)

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Cgull said:
Surely if we're bound to be fixed by the idea of sexuality (as apparently we all are), which is defined, usually, by whether you are attracted to your own or the opposite gender, surely desiring both at the same time (potentially) falls outside of that, essentially breaking the mould (surely a good thing?).
Definining it by attraction to one sex or the other is an artificial constraint, though. It's really no more accurate than defining anything other than sexuality as an act of deviance or a disease.

Obviously not the SAME, mind, but It's a constraint which is demonstrably not the case.

Mr.Numbers

Jan 15, 2011
Jack Harkness in Doctor Who is Bi, and it just makes him more kickass to me :D

Also, I would like to post this video for your amusement: http://www.smbc-theater.com/?id=181

Now, in terms of gay or bi or whatever I'm gonna say: You're born that way.
You cannot change it. You are not necessarily a serial killing pedophile for it as some people say.
600 million people are bisexual and that means that bisexuality is here to stay, and that if you have a problem with it then keep it to yourself. You can't change who you are or who you're attracted to. It's something you're born as, not something you choose.

Any objections?

DevilWolf47

Nov 29, 2010
I actually view a lack of bias to be a good thing, so i don't have an issue with bisexuals. I don't try to explain them for the same reason i don't try to explain why i like chocolate covered pretzels and Kahlua. I JUST DO GODDAMNIT!!!! Bisexuals just are bisexual. Gays just are gays. Heteros just are heteros. Misanthropes just are misanthropes. Furries just are furries. Do i really have to go on?

GotMalkAvian

Feb 4, 2009
I don't really understand the point of this topic... If you've ever felt attracted to another person regardless of gender then you know how a bisexual person feels when they're attracted to someone.

As for someone being "convinced" that they could be gay, I think a lot of people go through periods of confusion and/or self-examination, but eventually will work through their feelings to realize who they're attracted to. Hell, I just turned 28 and have finally come to terms with the fact that, given the right circumstances, I could be attracted to someone who is biologically male.

masterjiji

Jul 13, 2009
Hmm. I've always kind of thought of bisexuality as a type of affection that just ignores the hell out of physical gender. I don't think it's so much about having SEX with either gender as it is carrying on a "meaningful relationship" with either gender; it's a kind of mentality where you want to have the same intimate type of relationship with male friends as with female friends. The trouble with that is that most bisexual people start to think of almost EVERYONE as potential sex partners, not out of insane horniness but just because they have broken down the gender barriers in their heads while us straight people haven't. It still weirds me out and makes my skin crawl, but that's just coming from the guy who's recently been hit on by his good friend's bisexual FIANCE. Yes, that has actually happened to me in the last week. Multiple times. Same person.

So I guess I might be biased. But honestly I don't mind bisexual folks, as long as they don't try to get in my pants.

dietpeachsnapple

May 27, 2009
Yes, I am a bisexual.

I have studied the problem you are discussing (literally read the literature, and I am currently in graduate school with a specialization in human sexuality.)

The most useful set of definitions to work through this problem is as such:

The person identifies themselves as:
The person desires:
and
The person behaves:

These three questions flesh out the nature of a person's sexuality relative to male and female attraction. The problem is that sexuality is rarely a dichotomous scale. The range, type, and intensity of attraction is far more varied than "male," "female," or "both."

Cgull

Behind You
Oct 31, 2009
Zachary Amaranth said:
Cgull said:
Surely if we're bound to be fixed by the idea of sexuality (as apparently we all are), which is defined, usually, by whether you are attracted to your own or the opposite gender, surely desiring both at the same time (potentially) falls outside of that, essentially breaking the mould (surely a good thing?).
Definining it by attraction to one sex or the other is an artificial constraint, though. It's really no more accurate than defining anything other than sexuality as an act of deviance or a disease.

Obviously not the SAME, mind, but It's a constraint which is demonstrably not the case.
If I've read that right then I think I actually agree with you, I'm straight by definition, but I hate that the need to define it exists in the first place.

Bi-sexuality is surely, againm, to my mind, one form of sexual definition that betrays the purpose of defining it as there isn't really a fixed base to pin it to, which is a good thing to me.

(That may not make sense, I'm still a litle bleary eyed this morning, may edit later...)

XzarTheMad

Oct 10, 2008
What goes on in my mind? Probably the same that goes on in yours.

Of all the stupid threads on these forums....

It's the ability to be able to be romantically and sexually attracted to both genders. It's not some "deviant" behaviour, it's exactly the same and gay or straight, only both. I mean, how do you explain homosexuals? You fucking don't!

deathninja

Dec 19, 2008
Some of us just have broader tastes than others, it's all part of free will.

It's not like you have to spec homo or hetero

SteewpidZombie

Dec 31, 2010
Jarl said:
What goes on in my mind? Probably the same that goes on in yours.

Of all the stupid threads on these forums....

It's the ability to be able to be romantically and sexually attracted to both genders. It's not some "deviant" behaviour, it's exactly the same and gay or straight, only both. I mean, how do you explain homosexuals? You fucking don't!
Most intelligent phrase used in this thread so far.

Daveman

has tits and is on fire
Jan 8, 2009
They just aren't as picky I suppose.

edit: lol, this response makes up literally about a 3rd of this thread.

LadyRhian

May 13, 2010
Simple. Biusexuals are attracted to people of both genders. Sometimes one more than the other, sometimes both equally. And that's really it. They don't have to have sex with both to be bisexual, just have the attraction.

CptCamoPants

Jan 3, 2009
Well I usually choose who I'm attracted to based on absorbency, electro conductivity, tightness of the ass, and if their name starts with T.
Cuz you know... if you're bi you're different and strange.