How do you feel about autistic people?

Johnny Impact

Aug 6, 2008
I feel sad. I wish we understood how best to communicate, medicate, and help them adapt to society. They should have more of a chance at -- I don't want to use the phrase "a normal life," but I think you know what I mean.

In my mind, people who are afraid of autism or use it as an insult aren't part of OP's question. If you intended to ask about those people, OP, my answer is, They suck.

iLikeHippos

Jan 19, 2010
In all honesty, it all depends what person you meet with autism to define how you feel about them, rather than how you feel about people with autism in general. We are as varied as you would expect all people to be; some are barely affected, and others have insane amounts of trouble.

When I was 13-15 years old, I went to a special class that had small classes for autistic kids and other... mental disabilities, as people call it. Some kids, like myself, could remain quite social and apt to an extensive degree, while others had as much social refinement as... well, a crazy person, to be honest!
To judge people with autism as a singular strawman being doesn't make me mad, even if I'd try my hardest; rather, it just makes me chortle. What a vain attempt of understanding others.