How do you get rid of anger?

teqrevisited

Mar 17, 2010
Usually I deafen myself with music. More often than not by the time the first side of an album is over I've given up being angry.

Cpu46

Gloria ex machina
Sep 21, 2009
I suppress it for the moment then later think more about the situation. Generally gets rid of most of my rage. Probably for the best. The few times I have completely lost it have been unpleasant to say the least.

May 5, 2010
Unhealthily. When I'm angry, I get this really strong urge to punch (inanimate) things. Failing that, I'll do pushups until I'm out of energy. That "count to ten" crap works sometimes, too.

Talshere

Jan 27, 2010
I used to do martial arts. Beating on a pad helped. That are deliberately picking a black belt to spar against. That worked too.

Atm? Idk, Ive got to much work to get properly angry. But I supposed Id go buy a coffee and read a book.

Jedoro

Jun 28, 2009
Wushu Panda said:
Jedoro said:
Wushu Panda said:
Jedoro said:
Shooting range
you and I need to be friends.

shooting range, sparring during my martial arts class, going on nice long hikes through thick forests without trails
I see no problem with this. What do you shoot, whether you're pissed off or not?
on a nice day i take my 12gauge and take out clay pigeons. when its cold my friends and I will go to the target master and ill pick up something different every time. i own a .222 and like handling other bolt action rifles or some beefier handguns. some friends of mine have let me use their m4 (one of my favorite used guns so far). also, my best friends dad is range master at his police force and hes let me use his on/off duty pistols and personal firearms and crossbows he goes hunting with.
AR-15's next on my list. Right now I've got a 12 gauge and a .45 ACP.

Suicida1 Midget

Jun 11, 2011
Used to bottle it up. But then some idiots got berzerked on and the police laughed at the idiots.

So i changed to a punching bag- But on school days if i used it my knuckles would get too swolen to write.

Now i have a dojo in which theres rolling that goes on for long amounts of time. Havent had issues since.

TheKaduflyerSystem

Feb 15, 2011
depends, if the thing that has made me angry is inanimate, I go "Grrrrrr" and try again.
nobody annoys me though, I'm blessed with the gift of having the friend with the title "Most likely to stick up for you in a fight..."

GistoftheFist

Jan 6, 2012
Yopaz said:
I swear a lot or suppress it. Then when I am all bottled up and can't take any more I watch a fun movie or TV show.

Or also plan murder into great detail in order to make it 100% possible to execute it and almost impossible to find out it actually was murder. However that's the psychopath in me.
Wanna play on the swings? :)

The Afrodactyl

Jul 19, 2010
Here's my anger routine:

1. Music on. Loud. The louder the better.
2. Go somewhere where I'm alone.
3. Take shirt off.
4. Go through kata routines, and/or kumite combinations against the air.

Alternative:

1. Music on. Loud. The louder the better.
2. Go somewhere where I'm alone.
3. Take shirt off.
4. Work out until I can't move.

Alternative #2:

1. Drink heavily.
2. Punch inanimate object, usually a door or wall, occasionally a mirror.
3. Drink more.
4. Pass out in puddle of own vomit.
5. Wake up an hour later with back covered in sex-scratches and have no idea how they got there.

Hattingston

Jan 22, 2012
I find a show or book that I find humorous and familiar(recently IT Crowd and Dresden Files), get a cuppa, some dark chocolate and try to calm down. I don't buy into the idea that you can just bottle it up; generally when I do it bubbles up when it really shouldn't, and something that was once mildly annoying becomes rage-inducing.

Trippy Turtle

Elite Member
May 10, 2010
Punching shit just makes me more angry. The only thing that really calms me down is reading a good story. Something that I get completely sucked into and forget why I was angry.

Syzygy23

Sep 20, 2010
neonsword13-ops said:
Short Story Time: Persona 3. Fusion. Thanatos.

After hours of trying to fuse Thanatos in P3, I gave up and went onto the interwebz to find a simple fusion chart to find the Persona needed for the hexagon spread. What I was left with was a stupid fetch quest for about 20 other personas in order to fuse what I needed.

The fusing cutscene ended and I go to choose Thanatos to see his skills. They were mostly insta-kill spells that are useless against bosses.

I raged so hard. Thanatos looks so cool (Coffins for a necklace? Wicked!) and they show him off through the story making him look like an unbeatable bad-ass.
Skip to 2:32 to see Thanatos in action or just watch the whole thing because it is awesome.
I went through a stupid goose chase to get some crappy Persona I will probably never use. I turned off the console without saving and walked off angry and dissapointed.

I go to the garage and kick the stuffing out of the punching bag, draining my frustration very quickly.

lol, tl;dr: I got mad, beat some stuff, got happy.

That's why I came here to ask you guys a question: When you're angry, what is your favorite way to get rid of that anger?
I overpower it and force myself to act civil.

x EvilErmine x

Cake or death?!
Apr 5, 2010
I don't, I don't usually get angry and when I do it never really lasts that long. If I do find my self getting really angry I tend to just walk away for a bit until I have calmed down. I find that when you are angry there is a good chance that you will say/do something that you will later regret. Some things should not be said/done even if you are thinking them and when you are angry you are far more prone to forgetting that.

s0p0g

Aug 24, 2009
usually i just wait. if i feel i might actually kinda-sorta blow up, i'll leave the crimescene to cool down a little. when i remain angry, i'll wait longer; usually it's alright after one good night's sleep. if not... well, then it really takes quite a while, but i still wait for it to go away.
not healthy, neither physically nor for your environment; it's like you transpirate anger through your pores instead of sweat, creating a nice poisonous cloud around you nobody, including oneself, wants to be in :)