How do you kill what's already dead?

joshuaayt

Vocal SJW
Nov 15, 2009
It really depends on what is animating it- and, remember, sometimes it is simpler to simply restrain the thing, either underground or (better) in space.

Brandon237

Mar 10, 2010
Chop its legs off, with chainsaw if necessary. Then its head. Then throw it all in a fire. Use a pack of grenades to douse the fire at a later point. Use the ash to make a single large, hard brick. Let them use the brick in the building a 30 inch thick vault wall.

Bomb the vault if anyone claims supernatural occurances in the vault.

Maphysto

Dec 11, 2010
Reduce it to free-floating atoms.

If it can regenerate even from that, find a way to imprison it indefinitely.

Liiizard

Feb 5, 2010
Not a bad question, Jim!

Return of the living dead - when even burning it won't kill it.

bulbasaur765

May 1, 2010
By launching it into space. It will freeze up and since it can't do anything for all eternity while in the abyss it will eventually cease to stop thinking.

Lawllerskater

Jan 29, 2010
So...it's like a corpse that someone hooked up mechanical parts to, so that it can move? Robot corpse?

Just destroy whatever is making it move.

TheNumber1Zero

Forgot to Remember
Jul 23, 2009
Blindswordmaster said:
There are other ways to destroy a body besides carpet bombing. Fire and acid work pretty well.
Carpet Bombing allow a greater distance to be between you and the Corpse, safety and all.
What about Meyers? Vorhees? Motherfuckers that just don't stay dead.
If they won't stay dead, then doesn't that mean they keep coming back to life, and thus, are alive?
I was under the impression that we were talking about things that move but are dead and lack any form of living.

To Quote a man that lacks the proper amount of Pineapple in his daily diet:
It's not living but should be dead, it's what is dead, but still moving.
So seeing as they are not my assigned target, I ignore them and leave them to their fun.

Shuswah_Noir

Nov 20, 2009
Blindswordmaster said:
Shuswah_Noir said:
Blindswordmaster said:
Shuswah_Noir said:
Blindswordmaster said:
Shuswah_Noir said:
Blindswordmaster said:
Shuswah_Noir said:
Blindswordmaster said:
Shuswah_Noir said:
Blindswordmaster said:
Shuswah_Noir said:
Blindswordmaster said:
Not zombies.
If not zombies, then what?
That which should be dead, and is, but continues walking the earth.
Shotgun. That which should be dead, in my opinion, are those which should have gone with natural selection (granted they're mostly people), but science/humanity thinks it's cruel to leave them behind.
So it's the living dead but not zombies? That's.... Silly.
Is Jason Varhees a zombie?
I suppose not. But can you site another person/thing/whatever?
Nicholas Cage in Drive Angry.
Something tells me I'm glad I haven't seen that...
It's actually a really good movie, it's just that he plays the "can't kill what's already dead" card. He escapes from Hell and can regenerate from any damage. Even a bullet to the head only stops him for about 2 minutes.
If a bullet to the head cannot stop it, one would assume dismemberment wouldn't actually *kill* it/them, just make their life or lack thereof somewhat more difficult?
Quite. But Cage is a bad example. Michael Myers or Jason Vorhees are much better examples. They can't regenerate, but they're extremely durable. You could always T2 them.
Meat grinder. It would be hard to see it 'surviving' being turning into mince.

mike141

Jul 25, 2010
umm holy water like in all video games i have plaed the undead (no matter what kind) always dies by holy water

Blindswordmaster

Dec 28, 2009
TheNumber1Zero said:
Blindswordmaster said:
There are other ways to destroy a body besides carpet bombing. Fire and acid work pretty well.
Carpet Bombing allow a greater distance to be between you and the Corpse, safety and all.
What about Meyers? Vorhees? Motherfuckers that just don't stay dead.
If they won't stay dead, then doesn't that mean they keep coming back to life, and thus, are alive?
I was under the impression that we were talking about things that move but are dead and lack any form of living.

To Quote a man that lacks the proper amount of Pineapple in his daily diet:
So seeing as they are not my assigned target, I ignore them and leave them to their fun.
One who comes back from death and cannot die after isn't alive. Life is defined by needing to be sustained and being finite. If you don't require anything to sustain your life and cannot die, I propose that you aren't alive.

ZeZZZZevy

Apr 3, 2011
send it into a black hole, then it's someone else's problem, or it's destroyed at the lowest possible level.

Blindswordmaster

Dec 28, 2009
Shuswah_Noir said:
Blindswordmaster said:
Shuswah_Noir said:
Blindswordmaster said:
Shuswah_Noir said:
Blindswordmaster said:
Shuswah_Noir said:
Blindswordmaster said:
Shuswah_Noir said:
Blindswordmaster said:
Shuswah_Noir said:
Blindswordmaster said:
Shuswah_Noir said:
Blindswordmaster said:
Not zombies.
Shotgun. That which should be dead, in my opinion, are those which should have gone with natural selection (granted they're mostly people), but science/humanity thinks it's cruel to leave them behind.
It's actually a really good movie, it's just that he plays the "can't kill what's already dead" card. He escapes from Hell and can regenerate from any damage. Even a bullet to the head only stops him for about 2 minutes.
If a bullet to the head cannot stop it, one would assume dismemberment wouldn't actually *kill* it/them, just make their life or lack thereof somewhat more difficult?
Quite. But Cage is a bad example. Michael Myers or Jason Vorhees are much better examples. They can't regenerate, but they're extremely durable. You could always T2 them.
Meat grinder's good. But it lacks the dramatic flair of liquid nitrogen freezing and then shattering.

Shuswah_Noir

Nov 20, 2009
Blindswordmaster said:
Shuswah_Noir said:
Blindswordmaster said:
Shuswah_Noir said:
Blindswordmaster said:
Shuswah_Noir said:
Blindswordmaster said:
Shuswah_Noir said:
Blindswordmaster said:
Shuswah_Noir said:
Blindswordmaster said:
Shuswah_Noir said:
Blindswordmaster said:
Shuswah_Noir said:
Blindswordmaster said:
Not zombies.
Meat grinder's good. But it lacks the dramatic flair of liquid nitrogen freezing and then shattering.
That's a good point. But really, you'd want the most easily accessible thing. I dunno about you, but I have a mincer, but not liquid nitrogen. Lol.

Blindswordmaster

Dec 28, 2009
Shuswah_Noir said:
Blindswordmaster said:
Shuswah_Noir said:
Blindswordmaster said:
Shuswah_Noir said:
Blindswordmaster said:
Shuswah_Noir said:
Blindswordmaster said:
Shuswah_Noir said:
Blindswordmaster said:
Shuswah_Noir said:
Blindswordmaster said:
Shuswah_Noir said:
Blindswordmaster said:
Shuswah_Noir said:
Blindswordmaster said:
Not zombies.
That's a good point. But really, you'd want the most easily accessible thing. I dunno about you, but I have a mincer, but not liquid nitrogen. Lol.
You have a diesel powered, industrial meat grinder?!

Theron Julius

Nov 30, 2009
Chop it up into little pieces and send each piece into the sun of a different system. Let's see it come back to life then!