How important do you deem spelling and/or grammar?

Souplex

Souplex Killsplosion Awesomegasm
Jul 29, 2008
I make sure my spelling is correct and give my post a read over once after typing it to check for grammar.

Hazy

Jun 29, 2008
Obtusifolius said:
xxhazyshadowsxx said:
It wasn't.
And I'm tired, thats my reasoning.
Know how much sleep I got last night? None.
And I corrected it around 2 seconds after posting, so I have no idea why it delays.
OK, I beg your pardon. And no, I did not know how many hours' sleep you got last night, of course. Perhaps the lack of sleep explains your defensive reply.
Oh no, you have me wrong. I didn't mean to come off like an asshole :D
True, I'm very tired, but it's not enough to provoke anger in me.

Zombie_Fish

Opiner of Mottos
Mar 20, 2009
As long as I can understand it, and any mistakes in it are in small amount or minor, then I believe it to be okay. However, I'm a real perfectionist, so any mistakes I make I usually edit instantly.

Only time I've ever considered complaining about spelling and grammar was when a guy was actually complaining about spelling and grammar.

LilGherkin

Aug 15, 2008
It's so important that whenever I see the line underneath my words I'll stop typing and work directly on that word. I'll even Google search it to see the correct spelling.

EscapeGoat_v1legacy

Aug 20, 2008
Well, considering I'm an English nut, I'd say I consider spelling and grammar to be bleedin' vital, although I can understand why, in some situations, it's easier to use shorthand.

Hazy

Jun 29, 2008
Obtusifolius said:
xxhazyshadowsxx said:
Oh no, you have me wrong. I didn't mean to come off like an asshole :D
True, I'm very tired, but it's not enough to provoke anger in me.
Ah, nice to hear it. I did think, when I looked at your profile, 'surely I can't have made that jolly-looking fellow angry', and sure enough I was right :)
*Takes Swig*
Who ye' callin jolly lookin? Outside, 5 minutes :D

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
I will not say that I am a grammar nazi, because I tend to make mistakes even with the highest vigilance, so I'll say that I value it well enough. Mostly, it's a personal scanner that I use on myself because I'm a writer. I do tend to wince at some bad word usage at times, but I never take it personally. My preference is just that one should type to be understood. If you can do that, we're fine. That being said, Microsoft Word and I have a few disagreements on what proper grammar IS. For the record, Word is incompetent alot of the time, and pushy when running a spell-checker.

cleverlymadeup

Mar 7, 2008
as long as it's not totally incomprehensible i don't really care about spelling and grammar. i just think it's funny when people say how they won't respond if the grammar isn't perfect and yet they themselves will often make mistakes themselves

Jamous

Apr 14, 2009
berethond said:
cball11 said:
I consider it massively important, to the point where I do not directly respond to most posters unless they have written their's perfectly.
That's right.
Grammar is extremely important, almost as important as the search button
Yes, yes, the all-mighty search button. It even has bold, look! search button!

TheFacelessOne

Feb 13, 2009
Very important.

Now excuse me, I have to make a speech to my fellow Grammar Nazis and the Special Forces, the Spelling Spetnaz.

Berethond

Nov 8, 2008
cball11 said:
berethond said:
cball11 said:
I consider it massively important, to the point where I do not directly respond to most posters unless they have written their's perfectly.
That's right.
Grammar is extremely important, almost as important as the search button
You forgot a period.
Life happens.
And then you die.