How important is High-Definition to you?

DirgeNovak

I'm anticipating DmC. Flame me.
Jul 23, 2008
I just changed my shitty SDTV for an HD one, and the difference is huge. On my old TV, I had a lot of trouble reading the text in games like Mass Effect or Assassin's Creed since it was so tiny. It was also a mono speaker, so whenever a character to my right started talking, I had to rotate the camera to hear them, since mono sound is no longer an option in any current gen game I've played so far.

Sinisstar

Nov 25, 2008
Compared to SD, ya, it's pretty awesome. But comparing, say, 480P to 720P to 1080-whatever, that really doesn't matter to me.

nklshaz

Nov 27, 2010
I don't care that much, but obviously I'd rather have it than not have it. What bothers me is when people ***** about a Youtube video not being in HD. How can they really care whether or not a 4 minute comedy sketch is in HD.

IkeGreil29

Jul 25, 2010
I got my first HDTV less than a month ago. While my 360 looks beautiful, almost everything looks crappy, including the TV programming (signal is standard def). I'd actually like to keep using tube tv's, but thanks to technology, HDMI is the future...
I like my games to look nice. But I wouldn't mind firing up my N64 without it looking like ass because it's connected to an HDTV through an AV cable.

Aurgelmir

WAAAAGH!
Nov 11, 2009
w9496 said:
It's not very important to me at all. Up until 2 years ago I never owned anything HD, and I couldn't care less if it is or not. Right now I'm typing on a standard-definition monitor, while my brother is playing Gears on an HD monitor.
What resolution is this "standard def" monitor. Considering PC monitors have been having quite a lot better (or close to) HD resolution for a long time ;)

For me it matters quite a lot. It gives a better picture, letting you see more details in movies and games.

Once you go HD you'll never go back.