How is Bethesda going to handle Skyrim's expansions?

ge0rge491

Nov 11, 2011
jump all limits for skills to 200, at least 150, add 2-3 tiers of items spells weapons, 4-5 perks per skill relevant to said items weapons spells, and bam. there you go, then you have a level system that just tripled your capacity for upgrading, considering how much slower you begin to level after 50

russellin

Jul 12, 2011
Akavir definitely, read the books in game, monkey people, tiger people, snake people, a kingdom of demons and a tiger dragon!!! Awesome yes?

LordRoyal

May 13, 2011
Dr Jones said:
I think a higher level cap is inevitable.
The level cap is 81.

At that point you one hit kill things fairly quickly. There's no point to raising it

Mozza444

Nov 19, 2009
Mozza444 said:
bobfish92 said:
Kris015 said:
... I'm level 47ish and one of my friends is over 54

Also; Falmer based DLC, calling it now.
I'm also level 47/48 don't slow down the pace.. i thought to do that but there is still so much to do!
When i'm bored with my stealth archer ill make a Nord Warrior and a pure mage.

I will never slow down.

DevonFahrner

Nov 22, 2011
ge0rge491 said:
jump all limits for skills to 200, at least 150, add 2-3 tiers of items spells weapons, 4-5 perks per skill relevant to said items weapons spells, and bam. there you go, then you have a level system that just tripled your capacity for upgrading, considering how much slower you begin to level after 50
You sir, deserve cookies. The only problem that could come out of what you proposed is a character becoming overpowered. But even then you could just raise the difficulty proportionately to how easy the game may be getting for you. Seriously though, get yourself some cookies.

Burst6

Mar 16, 2009
Mike Richards said:
I'd love to see a little piece of the Morrowind mainland, it wouldn't be that hard since they share a border and apparently a lot of shit's been going down there recently. I'd also love to see a bit of Cyrodiil, even only one city, just to know what it's like after 200 years and a massive war.

But more then anything else they should do Summerset Isle. Think about it, it'd be around the same size as Shivering Isles, it'd be drastically diferent both visually and in content, and best of all we'd have the chance to kick some serious Thalmor ass. I'm pretty annoyed at them for the war, and it'd be great to knock them back in line.

Oh god yes. Ive been wanting to behead some stuck-up elves ever since i went to their embassy.

All i would need is the atronach stone and some enchantments, and I'd mow down armies of them.

brainslurper

Aug 18, 2009
bussinroundz said:
They should let Obsidian do the DLC. Beth created the world, and that's what they're best at doing, now let some better RPG minds incline it.
Play point lookout. Now play dead money. Now tell me that obsidian is better at creating DLC then bethesda.

aksel

Nov 18, 2009
Akavir, anyone? It is after all also known as "Dragon Land"... We know nothing of it, and I would like to see it.

Or perhaps Atmora, the place up north, where the Nords originated from. That would make more sense, and would be freaking awesome.

Maybe a smaller expansion (Knights of the Nine), that involves the Psijic Order.

Summerset Isle would be cool too, and seeing as the Thalmor are being dicks to everyone, this might be a possibility.

What I hope the most, is that the starting quest doesn't pop out of nowhere. That really breaks immersion.

EDIT: As far as level cap goes, 54 hours in and I'm already level 51. I would like a 150 skill limit, with maybe a new perk or two for each skill?
New weapons and spells is of course a necessity, but how about new skills? I'd like to be able to create Dwemer machines. This could be added in a Dwemer-focused expansion, of course. The lost Dwemer main city, located somewhere in the unexplored mountains, perhaps.

DevonFahrner

Nov 22, 2011
aksel said:
Akavir, anyone? It is after all also known as "Dragon Land"... We know nothing of it, and I would like to see it.

Or perhaps Atmora, the place up north, where the Nords originated from. That would make more sense, and would be freaking awesome.

Maybe a smaller expansion (Knights of the Nine), that involves the Psijic Order.

Summerset Isle would be cool too, and seeing as the Thalmor are being dicks to everyone, this might be a possibility.

What I hope the most, is that the starting quest doesn't pop out of nowhere. That really breaks immersion.
True. I felt the same way when I first played Knights of the Nine with how right after I exited the sewers, I was notified of what happened in Anvil. All of your ideas are awesome, and all of them make sense in terms being likely expansions since they've only been brushed upon in the main game so far.

SnakeoilSage

Sep 20, 2011
Personally I don't care much for the character progression or new items - I've got my favorites picked out for my barbarian - but I would like to see more about the Thalmor. Maybe they invade Skyrim in its moment of weakness or maybe you return to Solthsheim? I'd enjoy that.

Lt. Vinciti

Nov 5, 2009
I do enjoy reading in SKYRIM DLC thread about how you hated F3 DLC....

(Dead Money sucked FYI)

ONTOPIC:
Solstheim
Please Please Please

Somewhere big...I want like 2-4 Shivering Isles maps (10gb worth of DLC lol)

Dr. wonderful

Dec 31, 2009
bussinroundz said:
brainslurper said:
bussinroundz said:
They should let Obsidian do the DLC. Beth created the world, and that's what they're best at doing, now let some better RPG minds incline it.
Play point lookout. Now play dead money. Now tell me that obsidian is better at creating DLC then bethesda.
I had to quit playing Fallout 3, it sucked so bad. I'm in the middle of playing New Vegas now (haven't touched any DLC yet) and enjoying it MUCH, MUCH more than Fallout 3.

I heard Dead Money and Old World Blues was very good, btw.
Old world Blues was hilarious.

SwagLordYoloson

Jul 21, 2010
It would be for the best if they just modified the world they have already created. Add some new stuff to skyrim. Maybe make the DLC activate only after certain events have transpired in game. A Thalmer invasion, a Forswarn Insurgency possibly even 'the Draugr walk' a zombie spin off :p

My point is if they just added to the world they already have, they could spend less time on world creation and more time on deep characters/plots/quests with a real impact on the world around you. The problem with Skyrim is that they haven't really added the whole 'real impact on the world around you' part to the main quest. And if they are going to do a DLC they should fix this, or add another questline which does.

On another note that needs fixing:
It seems the easiest way to fix the Dragon Invasion is to avoid it all together. Maybe if they do an Invasion of sorts make it so if the player does not act it continually gets worse leading to the destruction of the world around that. Would of been cool if they had made it that if you completely ignored the dragons for too long cities would fall under attack and people would have to form a resistance movement or be put to slaves for the dragons ala old time. It seems that if they did set the game in the old times of dragon oppression it would of been more interesting.

Maybe that would be a good expansion pack, fight the dragons or they take over the world, not just hunt mudcrabs.

Pillypill

Aug 7, 2009
I think a new land mass would be good, but it would require more than just a new space to explore in order to keep things interesting. Perhaps a new mechanic? Mounted combat worked well in mount & blade and TLoZ. It could be something you take back to the main game as well and would allow for a higher level cap.

Or sailing, that worked, reasonably, well in Bethesda's PotC game. We could dot from island to island in Tamriel's northern seas, maybe go to the north pole or fight some giant oceanic monsters, trade with different ports and fight pirates. maybe even go to a new land beyond Tamriel.