How is everyone finding the new South Park game?

-Dragmire-

King over my mind
Mar 29, 2011
Silentpony said:
-Dragmire- said:
Yeah but I've spent a while wandering around trying to find shit to do after I beat the game, and I've beat all side missions and gotten all the collectables, and I'm at just over 21hrs on my save file.
I know Stick of Truth took me at least 30 hours to beat, if Steam is anything to go by.
Yeah, it took me about 20-22 hours for my first playthrough of Shattered but Whole while still missing a few things. Stick of Truth took me 17 to 100% and that was on my first playthrough as well. However, I have over 90 hours over several playthroughs in Stick of Truth at this point because I love that game so much.

I'll do one more full game of Shattered but Whole and see how much time I can knock off since I know when things unlock now but I'm pretty sure it'll take more than the 10-12 hours that I can get through Stick of Truth at this point.

PurplePonyArcade

Apr 9, 2015
Silentpony said:
Okay this is actually pissing me off. Normally I'm not one to care or complain about DLC, so long as the main game is fine.

but this...the guy on the Canadian wall actually tells you maybe they'll be a DLC down the line. Your timeshift fart, to change night into day and back around, can't be used to explore, even though it says it can, and will be a DLC later. The first DLC to come up will be an endless wave simulator in the Freedom Pal training room, and then no actual story DLCs will be available until 2018, and even then its two short story DLCs.

Fucking lame.

That is pretty lame.

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
I stopped playing Stick because, bad guys leveled up with you. Killed a sense of progress and the fun of grinding (enemies that used to be a problem should be easy picking for points as you progress. Here? Lowest level badies remain bad ass. Argh).

Fractured any better?

Silentpony_v1legacy

Alleged Feather-Rustler
Jun 5, 2013
Gorfias said:
I stopped playing Stick because, bad guys leveled up with you. Killed a sense of progress and the fun of grinding (enemies that used to be a problem should be easy picking for points as you progress. Here? Lowest level badies remain bad ass. Argh).

Fractured any better?
No, bad guys level up with you and the plot is fairly linear. Even in the post end game sandbox mode, what enemies that there are are scaled to you.

PurplePonyArcade said:
Fucking lame.
See I would have been okay with it if either they didn't just rub the DLC in your face while cutting content. Also they could release the DLC sooner than Q1 2018 for such a short game.

CritialGaming

Mar 25, 2015
Silentpony said:
I gave up on the game. I got to the genetic's lab boss, and then just said fuck it.

Honestly this game is a giant waste of time. While the South Park layer is there, I feel like the writing isn't even half as good as the first game. I laughed like twice, and that was it. The combat is so tedious that it drove me crazy, and became the factor that made me not want to play the game anymore. I could have pushed through if the story was interesting or funny, but it isn't. It's random, that's the best way to describe it. Instead of having a narrative that weaves all the outrageousness together like the first game, But Whole gives you snipets of crazy shit that never quite feel like it all belongs together. It ends up making the story feel disjointed and as if it is throwing you into stupid situations for the sake of shock value rather than the sake of a genuine story.

Oh well. Except this game on my top 5 worst games of the year list.

dscross

Elite Member
Legacy
May 14, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
CritialGaming said:
Silentpony said:
I gave up on the game. I got to the genetic's lab boss, and then just said fuck it.

Honestly this game is a giant waste of time. While the South Park layer is there, I feel like the writing isn't even half as good as the first game. I laughed like twice, and that was it. The combat is so tedious that it drove me crazy, and became the factor that made me not want to play the game anymore. I could have pushed through if the story was interesting or funny, but it isn't. It's random, that's the best way to describe it. Instead of having a narrative that weaves all the outrageousness together like the first game, But Whole gives you snipets of crazy shit that never quite feel like it all belongs together. It ends up making the story feel disjointed and as if it is throwing you into stupid situations for the sake of shock value rather than the sake of a genuine story.

That's a bit harsh. I mean, I entirely agree it's not as good as SoT but one of the worst games of the year? A giant waste time? It still feels very much like an extended episode of the show to me with 100s of references and nods to fans, which is all you want as a fan really. I understand if the combat bored you, but it isn't difficult - it's just a much easier version of Final Fantasy Tactics. Are you a fan of the show?

CritialGaming

Mar 25, 2015
dscross said:
CritialGaming said:
Silentpony said:

That's a bit harsh. I mean, I entirely agree it's not as good as SoT but one of the worst games of the year? A giant waste time? It still feels very much like an extended episode of the show to me with 100s of references and nods to fans, which is all you want as a fan really. I understand if the combat bored you, but it isn't difficult - it's just a much easier version of Final Fantasy Tactics. Are you a fan of the show?
Yeah I am a fan. And this game is just disappointing. It is not on the same level as the first game at all. And it isn't really the story that is the biggest problem. The game just isn't fun imo. Combat is tedious and boring especially if you overpower the enemies on the field. The tactics based thing only makes everything take far longer than it should because even trivial fights you have to plan out or they'll take even longer than they already do.

It is hard for me to really express how unfun the combat and the overall feeling of the game is. But I'll just say that the game is not fun and is a big disappointment coming off of Stick of Truth. So that's why it will most likely get my on my bottom 5 list this year.