How long did you lurk/ creep?

iLazy

Aug 6, 2011
So, after a year of sitting on the Escapist porch, I've decided to enter the house. Honestly, I don't know why it took me so long to join but it's a slow Saturday and I had nothing to do :/

My question is this; How long did you creep around the Escapist before making an account?

I apologize if this has been done before, but I'm curious.

Yosato

Apr 5, 2010
I think like 2 years for me, I never really posted on forums much before here.

Esotera

May 5, 2011
I think about three or four months, coincidentally the same amount of time this account has been registered. Welcome to your new addiction.

rokkolpo

Aug 29, 2009
Not long at all, I watched all the zero punctuations that were out, which weren't that many.

And then I noticed the threads, and I felt compelled to answer ALL OF THEM!
As they were all about surviving zombie apocalypses.

alittlepepper

Feb 14, 2010
I lurked probably about 8 months before I finally joined the forums. Enjoy being here, too, even if I don't comment that often.

Monkfish Acc.

May 7, 2008
Months. I would pretty much just swing on in and read threads while waiting for videos to load.

Then I joined and made a giant ass of myself pretty much instantly.

TeeBs

Oct 9, 2010
I don't what would b defined as lurking, I saw threads on the side bar when I watched Zero Punctuation about 2 years ago, one specific thread caught my eye and I created a account then, but I never actually took the time to scope out the forums.

Ragsnstitches

Dec 2, 2009
Daystar Clarion said:
It's 'lurk', not 'creep'.

I lurked for around 2 years before I joined.
Yeah, the topic title certainly caught my attention though.

As for me, I don't recall how long I was coming to the escapist prior to joining... 2 years maybe? Probably less though.

Henkie36

Aug 25, 2010
Well, I watched ZP for a while, then I didn't go back for over three years, and when I did, I waited for nearly three months before I made an account.

Not-here-anymore

In brightest day...
Nov 18, 2009
Not long, really. A friend showed me a couple of ZP videos, then I stumbled across a couple of other shows, then saw something interesting looking in the forum sidebar. Couple of weeks maybe?

iLazy

Aug 6, 2011
Eh, I'm used to using creep to describe lurking. Not too sure why, but I'll add it to the title!

Phlakes

Elite Member
Mar 25, 2010
A pretty long time. I came about when ZP started but I wasn't much of an internet user back then.

Rawne1980

Jul 29, 2011
Lurked for a loooong time.

Only recently made an account but have been visiting Escapist for years.

Jedamethis

Jul 24, 2009
Not long. I don't know why...

But hi there! Stay out of the basement, and it'll stay out of you.

Sizzle Montyjing

Pronouns - Slam/Slammed/Slammin'
Apr 5, 2011
I immediately thought of this.

But i lurked for about a year or two (put it at a year and a half)
before finally joining.
But i'm glad i joined now.

franconbean

Apr 30, 2011
i lurked the forum untill the point came when i had something interesting/constructive to add to a topic. So, about 2 weeks after joining i think.