how long have you been on forums?

opeth1989

Sep 23, 2011
So, this is actually my first post on any forum, I mostly came on escapist to watch Zero punctuation and I`d always see the latest posts on the side of the page but never really took the time to check what they were all about until recently.

So I've decided to make an account and post something.

My question to you is, how long have you been on the forums? Was escapist the first forum you took part of? if not where was your first forum posts?

Tigurus

Apr 14, 2009
I don't know. I guess when yahtzee posted his "Clear Sky" review. That has been a while. Though I am actively roaming since....last August

fenrizz

Feb 7, 2009
opeth1989 said:
So, this is actually my first post on any forum, I mostly came on escapist to watch Zero punctuation and I`d always see the latest posts on the side of the page but never really took the time to check what they were all about until recently.

So I've decided to make an account and post something.

My question to you is, how long have you been on the forums? Was escapist the first forum you took part of? if not where was your first forum posts?
Hello and welcome to The Escapist!

I've been on forums since I joined the Escapist, which I discovered thanks to Zero Punctuation.
And that was on February 7th 2009.

Though I was contributing to a national online IT-newspaper a few years before that, but not very seriously.

FamoFunk

Dad, I'm in space.
Mar 10, 2010
FFR back wen I was 13 (joined in Feb '04) still there now and still posting away. It's had a rocky past 2 years, but has bounce back, which I'm glad about.

blaqknoise

Feb 27, 2010
Oh it's been years. I don't even remember what the first forum I joined was... or how long ago...

Lionsfan

I miss my old avatar
Jan 29, 2010
My first forum was the RoosterTeeth forums, and I joined here sometime in 2010 i think. But I was lurking on this site for a couple months before I actually joined. But those are the only 2 I've ever really joined

DanielBrown

Dangerzone!
Dec 3, 2010
I came here around 2008. Yahtzee had only released a few videos by then and he was the reason I returned every week. Didn't join in until the end of 2010, but I lurked the forums once a week until then!

First forum ever was however a Swedish Final Fantasy site where I became a member back in the middle of 2003. Was active there until about the time I registered here.

New Troll

Mar 26, 2009
3 years on here. Many, many others before. No clue what the first would be. Seems like it might have been an RPG forum over computer games like the Might & Magic and Eye of the Beholder series. Think it was TSR that took me there almost twenty years ago.

The biggest two forums I contributed to were the Majesty official forums and the blizzard unofficial forums during Diablo 2 times. Pretty sure I went by MaDnEsS on both those forums.

staika

I am Tizzy's Willing Slave
Aug 3, 2009
The date below my avatar is when I started posting on forums >.>

This is the only forum I post in mostly because I like the community and partly because I'm too lazy to find another one >.>

Brandon237

Mar 10, 2010
Jedamethis said:
This was my first one. So that date down below my avatar.
Same here, I always looked at the layout of other forms and wanted to puke... so this one it was :p
And you have only been here a year more than I have, where the hell did those posts come from??? You are a beast.

staika said:

This is the only forum I post in mostly because I like the community and partly because I'm too lazy to find another one >.>
You are also posting like mad... a few weeks ago I had never seen you, and now you are everywhere, early and have just about caught me O.O
You are both hiding something from me... must I eat the baby seal to add points to my posting speed skill?

staika

Aug 3, 2009
brandon237 said:
staika said:

You are also posting like mad... a few weeks ago I had never seen you, and now you are everywhere, early and have just about caught me O.O
You are both hiding something from me... must I eat the baby seal to add points to my posting speed skill?
Well I joined the Pub Club met some people, I then got into the forum games and have been posting a lot there. Also once you learn how to make avatars you become one of the more popular people around >.>

That and my new avatar catches peoples eye and I've become more noticeable because of it. But yes I have been posting a lot, less then a month ago I was below 1000 posts, must have been the stuff they put in my water >.>

riverand

May 31, 2011
Oh wow. Well, back in 1994 when I first started fiddling around with the internet there were two exciting things to do: go to chat rooms and participate in forums. I LITERALLY remember searching through topics, reading ALL of the web sites on them and BEING DONE - there was not a lot of stuff out there in the beginning. I can't tell you what the heck forum was that I participated, it was probably something dorky where people just asked things like "Where do you live?" "What's the weather like there?" etc. We were at the precipice of globalization and we didn't really know what the heck to say to each other at first.

This is my second escapist account, because I couldn't remember my first one (until about ten minutes after I created this one, of course), so I really have been participating for about 3 years here. I think one of my students told me about the site in Video Game club or something, and then I got hooked.

Jedamethis

Jul 24, 2009
brandon237 said:
Jedamethis said:
This was my first one. So that date down below my avatar.
Same here, I always looked at the layout of other forms and wanted to puke... so this one it was :p
And you have only been here a year more than I have, where the hell did those posts come from??? You are a beast.

staika said:

Psst. Most of it is chatter from groups such as this one. *not so sly plug*

And yes. You must hug and then devour an entire seal to gain entry.

Brandon237

Mar 10, 2010
staika said:
brandon237 said:
staika said:

Well I joined the Pub Club met some people, I then got into the forum games and have been posting a lot there. Also once you learn how to make avatars you become one of the more popular people around >.>

That and my new avatar catches peoples eye and I've become more noticeable because of it. But yes I have been posting a lot, less then a month ago I was below 1000 posts, must have been the stuff they put in my water >.>
Aah, I'm guessing that for the avatar it was Ninja picture with many many gradient flares and lens flares, followed by NyanCat, followed by more flares, followed by... freaky mummy pic thing? I have been wondering for a while if I should add some glowing / flashing moving to my Maul... what do you think?

And you are going to have Neo in no time flat minus a second or two.

staika

Aug 3, 2009
brandon237 said:
staika said:
brandon237 said:
staika said:

Aah, I'm guessing that for the avatar it was Ninja picture with many many gradient flares and lens flares, followed by NyanCat, followed by more flares, followed by... freaky mummy pic thing? I have been wondering for a while if I should add some glowing / flashing moving to my Maul... what do you think?

And you are going to have Neo in no time flat minus a second or two.
It's a ninja with different glowing eye effects with a frame of nyancat and if you look really closely the nyancat has glowing pink eyes, and a frame of a pirate holding a gun and he has red glowing eyes.

Boy I hope I get the neo badge, that's my goal I just have to make sure not to piss off any mod or post anything bad >.>

I think avatars are generally better with glowing eyes and I'd think it'd be better if you went the gif way but I think it would have to be with a different picture since the one you have doesn't look like it'd look good with glowing eyes D: