how long have you been on forums?

AperioContra

Aug 4, 2011
I'm old so I've been on forums for about 15 years, back when it was either this or getting eyestrain from from the constant scrolling text of a chat room. I was administrator of a now dead that specialized in internet and PC help. I can't remember the name of the forum, just my handle was PhuckDup, an admittingly childish handle, but to give me credit I was a child at that point.

Spitfire

Dec 27, 2008
First of all, welcome to the forums, and ignore anyone who tells you to stay out of the basement.

I've been on here for almost 4 years now, just as it's inconspicuously not pointed out below my avatar. I was active on forums long before I discovered The Escapist, though I don't remember where I've actually made my very first post.

Brandon237

Mar 10, 2010
staika said:
brandon237 said:
snipity snip snip
That's pretty cool, you seem to like things inside badges or whatever that is in :p
Ever since I learned to create that subtle metallic / 3D effect I have gone mad with it, I made my own blog icon and an Icon for my programs using that shiny style...
And Gaussian Blur, that is the very powerful shiz it is.

Brandon237

Mar 10, 2010
AbundantRedundancy said:
First of all, welcome to the forums, and ignore anyone who tells you to stay out of the basement.

I've been on here for almost 4 years now, just as it's unconspicuously pointed out below my avatar. I was active on forums long before I discovered The Escapist, though I don't remember where I've actually made my first post.
I KNEW I was forgetting something!
Oh, and stay out of the basement OP :p
No, genuinely, that place scared me when the old million-post monsters were there... Hubilub was genuinely freaky.

blankedboy

Feb 7, 2009
Since 2008 I think. Before that I frequented the SRB2 forums starting around 2006.
my life story

staika

I am Tizzy's Willing Slave
Aug 3, 2009
brandon237 said:
staika said:
brandon237 said:
snipity snip snip
That's pretty cool, you seem to like things inside badges or whatever that is in :p
Ever since I learned to create that subtle metallic / 3D effect I have gone mad with it, I made my own blog icon and an Icon for my programs using that shiny style...
I know, once you find your favorite effect you go mad with it. I for one prefer the supernova effect (which is what I use for the glowing eyes) and all the avatars I make incorporate it somehow >.>

Brandon237

Mar 10, 2010
staika said:
brandon237 said:
staika said:
brandon237 said:
snipity snip snip
I know, once you find your favorite effect you go mad with it. I for one prefer the supernova effect (which is what I use for the glowing eyes) and all the avatars I make incorporate it somehow >.>
An effect works almost like a signature for your work. It is uniquely used and stylised by you... although I have gone through a fair number of effects. A good old Gaussian glow using two or three layers always adds a nice touch on any image where sharpness is not of the essence.