How long until PETA goes after Far Cry 3?

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
So in Far Cry 3 you can kill Pigs, Sharks, Snakes, Dogs, Tigers, Alligators, Komodo Dragons, Leopards, Goats, Dingos, Deer, Buffalo (an endangered species) and Bears, and you can do it with assault rifles, shotguns, sniper rifles, grenade launchers, .50 caliber machinguns (good for the sharks) and flame throwers, and you do it all so that you can get their skin...how long until PETA fucking explodes?

Ryotknife

Oct 15, 2011
considering it took them a decade or two to realize the mario suit, im going to guess....sometime in 2030's

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
I think the whole games-kill-people thing will have to blow over Newtown before games-kill-animals takes its place.

Zantos

Jan 5, 2011
I'm surprised Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath never hit their radar between 2005 release and 2010 HD release. I mean, that is one seriously twisted game when you think about it, the cramming animals into a small bag so you could fire them from a crossbow isn't even the worst part.

Dead Seerius

Feb 4, 2012
Johnny Novgorod said:
I think the whole games-kill-people thing will have to blow over Newtown before games-kill-animals takes its place.
HEADLINE - Gunman Shoots Up Petting Zoo, 14 Animals Confirmed Dead

PETA plans to hold a rally at the sight of the incident to remind the nation that the lives of animals are in equal value to that of humans. "Video games are to blame," says misinformed PETA representative. "I mean, just look at this filth Far Cry 3 and tell me that you didn't see this coming. Go ahead - LIE TO ME!"

...God forbid.

CAPTCHA: My beating heart.
Didn't mean to scare you Captcha, it was only rhetorical.

triggrhappy94

Apr 24, 2010
The turrtles are also endangered, but I never kill them. They're too cool and harmless.

I don't think Far Cry 3 was a big enough release to draw their attention. It'd have to be Halo/CoD level title to get them to notice.
They probably won't notice until someone tells them about it and they have nothing better to complain about.

Fisher321

Sep 2, 2010
Does PETA even do anything useful anymore? It seems to me all they do is whine and complain, much like the EPA.

OT

Probably

Cabisco

May 7, 2009
GunsmithKitten said:
We already have a growing line of gamers who are peeved that they had to kill poor widdle innocent cute puppies. PETA won't need to fuss about it.
There is nothing innocent, cute or 'widdle' about those damned creatures in Far Cry 3! If I was able to I would take my flamethrower and make that island a wasteland because of the horrors the animals on that place put me through. After the 100th time being hunted down and killed by a tiger I started to relate and understand why Vaas was so insane, I've only been on the island a couple weeks and I want to burn it all down because of some vicious yet lovely coloured ostriches.

regards PETA, they tend to try to shock as many people as possible, everyone knows mario so they felt the need to do that where as Far Cry is nowhere near as popular.

SamtheDeathclaw

Aug 8, 2009
GunsmithKitten said:
We already have a growing line of gamers who are peeved that they had to kill poor widdle innocent cute puppies. PETA won't need to fuss about it.
Those dogs are adorable.

Also, those particular buffalo aren't endangered. They're water buffalo, not American bison, which are threatened.

Anyways, probably never. Far Cry 3 may be popular, but not nearly as popular as Pokemon or Mario. :|

janjotat

Jan 22, 2012
I'd say flip a coin to see if they notice it. If they do, we have a small scale riot on our hands. But then again who cares about PETA's opinion anyways?

True Nero

Dahaka Trainer
May 26, 2009
RPG TURTLE TARGET PRACTICE!
FLAMETHROWER BEAR HUNTING!
PARAGLIDER BABY TAPIR STABBING!
HUNTING A TIGER WITH A BOW AND ARROW! (which doesn't sound bad until you realize that the ARROWS HAVE GRENADES ON THE END OF THEM!)

Full

Sep 3, 2012
When Far Cry 3 sells 20 million copies in 2 days and rakes in more cash than any blockbuster movie, than they will start to care.

Windcaler

Nov 7, 2010
I doubt they will because it wont be huge publicity which is what they want. They're essentially the Westbro of the animal rights world

That said, stop talking about them. The more publicity you give them the more they'll think theyre somehow relevant. Just stop talking and forget they ever existed. Its best for everyone as there are other animal rights groups that are actually worth a damn