How many sexual partners is too many?

SimuLord

Whom Gods Annoy
Aug 20, 2008
How many is too many? At once, you're pushing it if you've got more than two girls in there with you, but women can in theory accommodate three guys without running out of places for the guys to put it.

In total? As many as it takes provided you don't get any diseases or unwanted children. But if you've got to sleep with a thousand people to find the one you love, then go for it and it's none of your partner's business, provided again that you've no diseases or kids.

StBishop

Sep 22, 2009
I have to say I agree with most people, the number doesn't matter. It can be off putting if the numbers are hugely different but the question you have to ask is: "If I can let this knowledge go will it make me happier?"

Really if you must know and you find out aren't you better off just letting go of any judgements.

Opinion time: I don't care.

Caligulove

Sep 25, 2008
I think that, while its certainly something that you don't use to strike up a conversation, of course. It is something that you need to get out in the open and get out of the way at some point when you are getting into the serious long-term relationship.

It goes further into understanding a lot about them, as well. Like I know one of my best friend's girlfriends was raped when she was younger, and its something they have to deal with just about all the time, but he brings it up because he wants to help her deal with it- find closure.

The number of partners a person has had really doesn't matter much to me. I know that my first time was a one night stand with a girl who was WAY more experienced than I was. And since then, it always gets better and better with whoever I'm with.

But the way I see it:

If they have had a lot of partners, you're in for a treat :) (and may learn some things)
If they haven't had many partners, or significantly less than you... well, playing Teacher can be... quite fun

EntropicBliss

Mar 15, 2010
I never bring up how many sexual partners I've had, with anyone except my girlfriend, and only when she asks.

I'll also never ask her, because that's something she should reveal to me, not something I should go digging for.

Honestly, as long as she's honest about how many partners she'd had, and as long as she isn't hiding an STD from me, I don't care. It's not that I think ignorance is bliss, it's that I just don't care.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
Any amount > 1. It's a matter of being prepared to accept the possible consequences.
Of course I haven't had any so what do I know?

Danlian

Aug 5, 2009
I suppose "too many" is entirely dependent on how old you are and how you go about getting sex.
For example, if you are 20 years old and have slept with 50 different people(arbitrary number) then in my opinion that is simply too many, especially if you've lead each of those people into believing you wanted a long term relationship only to dump them as soon as they gave it up to you.
I have nothing against one night stands, as long as that is ALL it is and you and whoever you are sleeping with know that. I have been guilty of plenty of those myself and so refuse to judge others for it. As for my partner knowing the exact number of people I have slept with...if they ask I tell them(as close as I know without having to write it out anyways) and if they ask if I've slept with someone specific I tell them, it will save drama later if they know, and if that causes the relationship to end then the relationship likely wouldn't have lasted anyways.

My motto is: Do nothing you are ashamed of, and you will have nothing of which to be ashamed.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
orannis62 said:
I think you misunderstood. He didn't ask how many sex partners at one time (as in, an orgy), he meant, how many in the past. As in, how many exes you've had.
No, I understood. I actually believe in not having sex until you are married, and divorce being the very last possible option.

Shocking, I know.

Sirch.Cajnos said:
i won't try to, but i do wonder, why?
Pararaptor said:
I'm not going to try & convince you otherwise, but can I ask, why?
I believe that having sex with multiple partners can actually cause emotional problems, and I've seen a study that showed having more than three or four partners actually stopped a certain hormone (I forget which) to be produced. I don't remember what the hormone did, but it doesn't sound like a good thing.

Also, the girls I'm surrounded by have similar views.

Also, I have religious reasons.

fenrizz

Feb 7, 2009
well, it's a tough question.
It depends on your age for one, and on how you go about having sex.

Numerous one night stands, like 1 every weekend is too much for my taste.
I'd say somewhere between 10 and 25 is a good number.

Besides, sex is friggin great. So why not have sex when you can?
Up to a certain point, no need to be a slut.

Tyson765

Mar 28, 2010
Dirty Apple said:
When I was still in the dating scene, I followed three sacred rules:

1.Never think about who you could be with when you're committed to someone already.
2.Never talk about your past relationships, unless your partner specifically asks about them.
3.Never, under any circumstances, ask about their sexual past, unless they want to talk about it.
Very good set of rules.
I live by the same.

I personally think you should only have one at a time.
Doesn't matter if your dating, married or just "f buddies" there should only be one at a time.

Oct 19, 2008
lockeslylcrit said:
If you're single and using proper protection, there's no such thing as "too many" so long as you are straight forward with your intentions. If you're in a relationship, two is one too many.

This applies to both genders.
This exactly.

sneakypenguin

Elite Member
Legacy
Jul 31, 2008
Country
usa
More than 1 for me is too many. If a girls been with 15 guys in the past two years, what does that say about your relationship or her judgment? Though I'm not much for understanding casual sex so i'm pretty biased.

Blindswordmaster

Dec 28, 2009
Dirty Apple said:
When I was still in the dating scene, I followed three sacred rules:

1.Never think about who you could be with when you're committed to someone already.
2.Never talk about your past relationships, unless your partner specifically asks about them.
3.Never, under any circumstances, ask about their sexual past, unless they want to talk about it.

Of these rules, I believed that the third one was the most essential. Simply put, their past belonged to them and had no bearing on our present. What I would like to know is whether I'm alone in this assertion, or is there a valid reason to snoop into your significant other's past exploits? And, after having asked the big question, what number would have to be given in order to shut your relationship down?
Good rules. But, you don't really want to know how many sexual partners your significant other has had. It's never going to be good news. You're probably better off not knowing. If she/he doesn't have any STD's or kids, it's probably best not to ask.

Realee

Dec 22, 2009
#908184 +(9201)- [X]

I just had an argument with a girl I know. She was saying how it's unfair that if a guy fucks a different girl every week, he's a legend, but if a girl fucks just two guys in a year, she's a slut. So in response I told her that if a key opens lots of locks, then it's a master key. But if a lock is opened by lots of keys, then it's a shitty lock. That shut her up.

Thank you - bash.org

Sleekgiant

Redlin5 made my title :c
Jan 21, 2010
Sorry I am not into giving the "community bicycle a ride". I wouldn't want a sexual partner that has had sex with more people than I can count on one hand

AgDr_ODST

Cortana's guardian
Oct 22, 2009
DeMoNxDaVe said:
No more then three and even then it's kind of weird. I guess it's some kind of sub-conscious dominance thing. Maybe I'm just really weird.

Plus I don't like sluts. At all. I'm a hopeless romantic and I still believe in that ancient value called love. And that silly thing called Making Love, not ROUGH FUCKING IN A BATHROOM STALL AT THREE O' CLOCK IN THE MOURN. Sleeping with like 15 dudes doesn't give me a very "loving" vibe. It's like "HEY I LIKE DICK. HOW ABOUT I RIDE YOURS?"

Don't really like knowing anyways, I'd rather not be compared to anyone.
you pretty much summed up my opinion on the matter.

Always_Remain

Nov 23, 2009
AgDr_ODST said:
DeMoNxDaVe said:
No more then three and even then it's kind of weird. I guess it's some kind of sub-conscious dominance thing. Maybe I'm just really weird.

Plus I don't like sluts. At all. I'm a hopeless romantic and I still believe in that ancient value called love. And that silly thing called Making Love, not ROUGH FUCKING IN A BATHROOM STALL AT THREE O' CLOCK IN THE MOURN. Sleeping with like 15 dudes doesn't give me a very "loving" vibe. It's like "HEY I LIKE DICK. HOW ABOUT I RIDE YOURS?"

Don't really like knowing anyways, I'd rather not be compared to anyone.
you pretty much summed up my opinion on the matter.
I'll buy you a drink next time I go to *EXTRACTING IP ADDRESS* wherever 11.134.435.546.756.32 is.

Tasachan

Jan 28, 2010
Khitten said:
So my basic rule is 1 parter for every 3 years of your life. I would prefer 1 for every 5 years but yeah, since I do not match up to that rule 1 to 3 seems fair enough.
... 6 at 18? 7 at 21? That's a little much. >_o

I really think 2 or 3 at most. Really, even that isn't ideal. Both my husband and I regret sleeping with anyone else before we got together, we wish we had waited. It would have made it so much more... meaningful. You know?