How Much Money Does Bobby Kotick Make?

Keane Ng

Sep 11, 2008
How Much Money Does Bobby Kotick Make?

We all know that Bobby Kotick is rich and probably wouldn't mind being more rich. Just exactly how much money does the Activision CEO make, however?

Seems that these days Activision's Bobby Kotick is the guy that gamers love to hate the most. He runs a hugely successful corporation that milks franchises dry, he raises game prices, he admits that if he could, he would raise them even more. It's too easy not to think of this dude as the devil, but, now that we have actual numbers, are you ready to demonize the Activision CEO even more?

Forbes profile [http://gonintendo.com/viewstory.php?id=92538], and here we go. The man has an annual salary of around $900,000, but adding in a whopping $5 million bonus plus option awards and other forms of compensation I'm not Forbes-y enough to understand, the grand total comes to $14,950,102.

And this guy says that he would raise game prices even higher [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/93689-Activision-CEO-Says-He-Would-Raise-Prices-Even-Higher]. Does he need any more money? My mind says no, but the cold capitalist logic ingrained in my soul says that yes, why not, if I were him, I would want more too, because I'm a greedy pig. And you too, you might hate Bobby Kotick, but really, are you sure there isn't some modicum of envy at the black and darkened heart of that hate?

As they say, "don't hate the player, hate the game."

AboveUp

May 21, 2008
I think he wants to raise the prices of games so he can build a huge safe and swim in the money like Scrooge McDuck.

Just look at his face in that picture, I can see him do that.

The Shade

Mar 20, 2008
If I made that kind of dough, I would be the philanthropist to end all philanthropists (with the possible exception of Mr Gates.)

Either that, or buy Sweden. Whatever.

Crimsane

Apr 11, 2009
He's the American dream come true. We'd all be greedy bastards making millions if we could.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
AboveUp said:
I think he wants to raise the prices of games so he can build a huge safe and swim in the money like Scrooge McDuck.

It's just his mask. Behind it hides a black hole with three red eyes.

walls of cetepedes

Jul 12, 2009
I have changed my opinion thanks to The Bandit, for setting me right.

By raising the price, he is making additional money for the company, so therefore he deserves the bonus'. Really, he is being a good buisnessman by doing this.

Birras

Jun 19, 2008
NoMoreSanity said:
I have to love this guy just for how much outright and Evil is. He's Lawful Evil for Game Business. America Bless this man.
Blasted Lawful Evil buisness execs! Big buisness should learn from the indie scene and go chaotic neutral!

ChromeAlchemist

Aug 21, 2008
Crimsane said:
He's the American dream come true. We'd all be greedy bastards making millions if we could.
Sounds about right. With that kind of money, I'd be waking up every morning to perfect ham sandwiches and gold-plated fellatio.

Aac18

Mar 21, 2009
AboveUp said:

So true. I swear that man is evil [small] or at least morally corrupt. [/small]

manaman

Sep 2, 2007
The Shade said:
Either that, or buy Sweden. Whatever.
After buying Sweden what would you do with the other half of the money?

I think I would use it to ride a pony in space.

ChromeAlchemist

Aug 21, 2008
JimmyBassatti said:
ChromeAlchemist said:
Crimsane said:
Sounds about right. With that kind of money, I'd be waking up every morning to perfect ham sandwiches and gold-plated fellatio.
Do I smell a reference?
Indeed, I think I do.
If I'm honest, if I never saw your thread, it would be perfectly cooked steaks and gold plated fellatio, but yes it's a reference either way.

And your sandwich is still flawed, BTW.

Pandalisk

Jan 25, 2009
Seriously, i google Kotick and yet i find no pictures of him photoshopped to look like the devil, not even poorly done!, for shame internet, for shame.

Im a gamer so really my clients and my happiness would have to find a good balance, and yes i am jealous of his impressive bank, i know whose will im Re-writing