How often do you change your avatar?

Vicarious Reality

Jul 10, 2011
uuuuuhhh, never?

Am i the only one that finds our names to be ridiculously small?

So small that you only really look at the picture to see who it is?

Colour Scientist

Troll the Respawn, Jeremy!
Jul 15, 2009
I changed my avatar a couple of times when I first joined but I've had this one for quite some time.

I was considering changing it to something to do with Fleetwood Mac but I've grown attached to my dancing angels.

TehCookie

Elite Member
Sep 16, 2008
I don't change my avatar very often. I only change it if I find something better and I haven't seen anything better than Ritsuka.

Dango

Feb 11, 2010
Very rarely.

I think on my fourth (Not including holiday avatars), which is pretty good for over 2 years of being here.

Final First

Feb 13, 2012
I've changed mine three times so far. Once it was the flag of Prussia, the the second one was a picture of just the Prussian eagle from the flag which I thought was better, and now Kira.

I wanted to change it to Kira for a while but was reluctant to for recognition purposes. But then I decided to change it as most likely no one recognises me anyway.

IamLEAM1983

Neloth's got swag.
Aug 22, 2011
I'm not planning on changing mine. This is my Xbox face, which is 70% close to my Wii face, both of which are at least *somewhat* akin to my actual self. If I was extremely anal, I'd have to constantly shuffle my avatar between "stubble" and "no stubble" - but that would essentially be it.

The only thing I don't actually wear is a hat. At least, not consistently. Real Life is not Team Fortress 2, which never fails to sadden me.

Artina89

Oct 27, 2008
I don't change it that often. My first avatar was Alucard from Castlevania: Symphony of the night my second avatar was the New York Rangers shield, my third was the Pittsburgh Penguins logo. The avatar I have at the moment (My favourite actor, Vincent D'Onofrio) I have had for just over a year now I think.

thylasos

Aug 12, 2009
I change my avatar whenever I'm utterly sick of it, I suppose.

That happens less quickly with non-animated avatars, it must be said.

And I've liked Art Nouveau since I found out about it, essentially, so I don't think Alfons Mucha's 'Job' Cigarette advertisement (1896) is moving for a while.

Phasmal

Sailor Jupiter Woman
Jun 10, 2011
Never.
I identify people by avatars, because I am lazy. I am keeping Sailor Jupiter because I love her and to help the other lazy people like me.

Pinkamena

Stuck in a vortex of sexy horses
Jun 27, 2011
Never! I want people to recognize me, and if they work even slightly in the head as I do, then they only recognize the avatars.

rayen020

May 20, 2009
i changed it to the picture it is currently, Except for when i pressed the red button it hasn't changed since.

subtlefuge

Lord Cromulent
May 21, 2010
Strangely enough, the whole Bieber button fiasco last year made me realize how much of a dependency I had on people's avatars. So, hardly ever.

I did have a gif of Robotnik adjusting his glasses from the hilarious segment from the pokecapn Sonic 2k6 let's play for a while. 8min 44secs in.

That's the one I had for the longest, and the one I'll likely go back to if when I decide to rejoin pub club.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
Whenever I get the prerequisite amount of PMs needed to change it.

It's a weird system, but it works. I've changed on an approximately monthly basis.

Rednog

Nov 3, 2008
I never change my avatar (primarily because if I did I could never get it back), but I doubt anyone really recognizes my avatar when they see it.