How old were you when you had your first cigarette?

piinyouri

Mar 18, 2012
Maybe 15 or 16?

I don't even know why I tried it. It was as awful as you could imagine.

King of Asgaard

Vae Victis, Woe to the Conquered
Oct 31, 2011
Wow, I'm surprised with the amount of non-smokers thus far.
I'll toss my hat in with theirs.
It's a habit that kills many people every year, I don't want to join that group.

Esotera

May 5, 2011
15-16? I smoked weed way before cigarettes though, and I think that's the general trend these days. Both are pretty overrated...

Andy Shandy

Fucked if I know
Jun 7, 2010
5. I've been terribly addicted ever since...

Though I might want to say that it was those candy ones.

Never had any real cigarettes. Never saw the point of them.

Phasmal

Sailor Jupiter Woman
Jun 10, 2011
Mugen said:
Spinozaad said:
People who haven't smoked, shouldn't smugly proclaim they haven't smoked. Cool story, bro.

This x 9000

What is it with non-smokers and their need to shove their piety in our faces?
Nothing wrong with being glad you never started smoking, considering it's something a lot of people have trouble giving up.
It's nothing to do with your faces.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
I was about 13 or 14 years.

I was expecting to cough my lungs out, but to my surprise I inhaled like a boss.

I quit smoking at around age 19, so that was 10 years ago. I still kinda miss the feeling of coolness of having a cigarette in my hand though.

Grimh

Feb 11, 2009
I've never tried a cigarette before and I probably never will.

I was 17 when I tried a cigar though.

captcha: "minty fresh" No captcha... that's not how I would describe it.

Shadowcreed

Jun 27, 2011
Not even going to try. What's the point? stuff costs a sh!tload of money and it does NOTHING good for you.

Jazoni89

Dec 24, 2008
13, or 14, I can't remember, but I do remember smoking quite a bit at school.

I also remember my head being used as a ash tray, by my smoking friend up a small tree.

Moonlight Butterfly

Be the Leaf
Mar 16, 2011
I'm 30 and I've never smoked because I have this thing called self preservation.

I have no problem with smokers as long as they don't do it near me. It's their body they can do as they like.

Cazza

Jul 13, 2010
9 or 10

I was given it by my father. I coughed like crazy. I don't plan on smoking again. Is that good or bad parenting?

Clive Howlitzer

Jan 27, 2011
I've never smoked and never intend to. I never saw the appeal. I can somewhat understand people who started smoking when it was advertised everywhere and the idea of it being bad for you was a joke.
However when I see someone in their 20s or a teenager smoking now, I am just like, you have to be completely brain dead. It is beyond expensive and kills you.

Mr_Spanky

Jun 1, 2012
Shadowcreed said:
Not even going to try. What's the point? stuff costs a sh!tload of money and it does NOTHING good for you.
I dunno about NOTHING. From a health perspective of course youre right but having a cigarette is a pleasant expereince for me - thats why I started. I smoke maybe 1 or 2 a day these days and its like a mild high and a slight of a headrush most times when I do light up - and of course it relieves stress.

OT: I started smoking when I was 18 - it was probably the most stressful year of my life to date and the smoking helped to keep me sane.

Phasmal said:
Mugen said:
Spinozaad said:
People who haven't smoked, shouldn't smugly proclaim they haven't smoked. Cool story, bro.

This x 9000

Nothing wrong with being glad you never started smoking, considering it's something a lot of people have trouble giving up.
It's nothing to do with your faces.
Its fair enough to say though that smokers are made something of "an example of" though. People are queuing up to tell you that smoking is bad for etc etc but relatively few people have as many issues with such things as alcohol and fatty foods.

When you buy a bottle of whisky you dont have a picture of someones dessicated liver on the label and a sign saying ALCOHOL KILLS. Smokers have to put up with that crap and it gets on a lot of peoples nerve just how hypocritical certain sectors of society are about the issue.

Kragg

Mar 30, 2010
Mugen said:
Spinozaad said:

This x 9000

Im cynical as any 23 year old, but i dont judge someone on something as arbitrary as whether or not they prefer their o2 flavoured with some awesome Nicotine.

Everyone has bad habits, maybe your obese or a rapist, maybe you deny the holocaust or listen to dubstep ;) This is mine, and i would probably quit if I wasn't so scared id become like you.

OT - 20, I was late to the party :)
no idea what you guys are on about, noone was being smug afaik, and in any topic there are going to be people who did not do anything what the topic is about and still post 15 paragraphs (see virgins in sex topics) but that is just how the escapist works

offtopic: mistyped "escapist" so bad that spellcheck thought it was "parasite"

Colour Scientist

Troll the Respawn, Jeremy!
Jul 15, 2009
I think I was about 13, a friend and I stole some from her Dad's pack. I started smoking regularly at 15 and have been ever since. I cut down to one/two a day for a while but that's all gone to hell now.