How old were you when you had your first cigarette?

Spinozaad

Jun 16, 2008
"Smoking is bad!"

Relative to what, exactly? I've always found the 'X is bad for you, therefore you shouldn't do it'-line of reasoning quite interesting. The assumption that 'being healthy' is the prime criterium for 'life' or whatever (that is what always remains unspecified) is rather ridiculous.

I still subscribe to the idea that you can only live up to 100 if you pass on all the things that would make you want to become 100.

To each his/her own, of course, but if you walk up to when I'm smoking/drinking/popping pills/having casual sex and say: "that's bad for you!" I will punch you in the face, in order to prove that being a preachy douchebag is also bad for your health.

carpathic

Oct 5, 2009
32 and stll waiting for te first ne. Suspect my brain wll continue to work and I will keep avoiding the stupid cancer stick.

chiggerwood

Lurker Extrordinaire
May 10, 2009
I was 18; I was curious and figured if I didn't like it I wouldn't do it, and to my surprise I liked it. Eventually I moved on to cigars as my main choice of tobacco. Nothing better than sitting at a riverside park listening to water lap up on the banks, reading a book, and smoking a cigar to pass the day. It's my own little slice of Nirvana.

WolfThomas said:
Like 15 while camping. Almost set my long hair on fire accidentally.
I did that once when I was tired, and in college. I was sitting in my backyard where it was almost pitch black just enjoying the night and I didn't realize that a bit of my hair had fallen forward when I leaned down to light my cigarette ( the wind made it impossible to light it otherwise). That is until I flicked my lighter and I saw flames at the side of my head. I was able to get it out within a second so no lasting damage. After that I never leaned down to light a cigarette again. Too much wind? To hell with it! I don't need to smoke anyways.

Capthcha: nut case. Did captcha just insult me?

miketehmage

Jul 22, 2009
17. Kind of enjoyed it, I can't for the life of me see how anyone gets addicted to them though. I've had more since when I've been in the mood, but it's rare, and I could happily go the rest of my life without one.

Saulkar

Legacy
Aug 25, 2010
Country
Canuckistan
I cannot, literally cannot breath when someone is smoking next to me thus it could be considered literal suicide to try and smoke one.

Dec 3, 2011
No smoke for this bloke

Although sometimes I imagine myself in a movie smoking after having passionate sex, acting like Ernest Hemingway...

Murlin

I came here to laugh at you
Jul 15, 2009
17. Smoked one so I was sure I'd not waste the joint that came right after.

Scrustle

Apr 30, 2011
I'm 21 and I've never smoked, and I don't intent do ever change that. Seems completely pointless to me. I've probably inhaled more than enough second-hand smoke for it to be unhealthy though. Why the hell do people with similar interests to me all have to fucking smoke? Humans are fucking idiots.

Some of the low numbers I'm seeing in this thread are pretty scary.

IamQ

Mar 29, 2009
Maybe last year. It wasn't until yesterday that I learned how to smoke them though. Either way though, I only "smoke" (I say that with quotation marks because I suck at it) at parties, since I think it can ad to the atmosphere.

Rusman

Aug 12, 2008
16 I think, smoked for a few years. I quit for a bit as my girlfriend at the time didn't like it. Then we broke up and I started up again, haven't looked back since.
Love the stuff, on a day like today I need my vices to function. Wake up with a massive hangover after an hour of moaning in bed it's coffee and cigarettes. Perfect

IamQ

Mar 29, 2009
Phasmal said:
Mugen said:
Spinozaad said:
People who haven't smoked, shouldn't smugly proclaim they haven't smoked. Cool story, bro.

This x 9000

What is it with non-smokers and their need to shove their piety in our faces?
Nothing wrong with being glad you never started smoking, considering it's something a lot of people have trouble giving up.
It's nothing to do with your faces.
Though, the thread was about when you started smoking, not if you smoked or not, so really, your post wasn't contributing to the thread in any way.

Substitute Troll

Aug 29, 2010
I'm 16 and I haven't smoked yet. Everyone in my family smokes, just thinking about the collective amount of money they're wasting makes my head hurt.

Colour Scientist

Troll the Respawn, Jeremy!
Jul 15, 2009
Rusman said:
16 I think, smoked for a few years. I quit for a bit as my girlfriend at the time didn't like it. Then we broke up and I started up again, haven't looked back since.
Love the stuff, on a day like today I need my vices to function. Wake up with a massive hangover after an hour of moaning in bed it's coffee and cigarettes. Perfect
I can't smoke when I'm hungover, mostly because I smoke too much when I'm drinking but I find it really nasty the morning after.

Ytomyth

Nov 13, 2011
Some girl offered me one when I was 14...thought I was gonna die. xD (Yes, I was weak.)

Took me about 5 or so years to really start smoking.

Whispering Cynic

Nov 11, 2009
13 or 14 years old, it was my first AND my last cigarette. That shit's nasty.

But I do like to smoke a good cuban cigar once in a while...

Bvenged

Sep 4, 2009
Never, and I never want to. Doesn't interest me and it's an expensive habit. I could spend the money on better things. Also, I'd like my lungs to work properly.