Jan 18, 2008
6-Strength
1-Perception
2-Endurance
1-Charisma
9-Intelligence
1-Agility
3-Luck

It would be a ****ed up scale if 8 9 and 10 were reserved for the top 1% of the population, but if that's how it works feel free to bump that down to a 7, I'm a very average genius.

aaaaaDisregard

Feb 16, 2010
Strength - 6
Perception - 3
Endurance - 6
Charisma - 4
Intelligence- 6
Agility - 5
Luck - 5

It's interesting how people grade themselves in those SPECIAL threads and always forget that 5 really is average (unlike typical game review scale from 7 to 10).

5 means normal human capable of any kind of physical and mental activity like running 4 miles in a decent time, getting a major at something not terribly complex or lifting a hundred kg weight at least once.

Deviations really are rare - most of people are average (5) and most of the rest are close to average (3-7). 2/9 are extremely rare and 10s are almost impossible to encounter.

10 INT person is a genius, and there are maybe low tens of those in each century.
9 INT person is a fucking closest thing to a genius _some_ of us may encoutner during our lifetimes (real 10s are close to impossible to encounter).
8 INT guy could be a very successful scientist (still soo much smarter than your average "smart guy" from the school or uni), or businessman or politician or whatever, those are usually called brilliant.

Same goes for perception - you have to be a superman with x-ray vision to get 10 and at least lousy infrared vision plus motion sensor for 9.

95% of all people think they are better than average at everything. Indeed :D

A Shadows Age

Mar 30, 2011
2 STRENGTH - I'm not very strong since working out is way too bothersome; but only jocks give a shit about that, my strong points are elsewhere (hint: Intelligence, which is far more important, duh)
9 PERCEPTION - I totally see through Fox News and I recognize how everyone around me is just a weak-minded sheep. I'm way above them.
8 ENDURANCE - Obviously not in the physical sense but I can study for hours, which obviously shows how endurable I am. Never mind that my only long term goal is getting good grades.
7 CHARISMA - Shallow people don't realize just how eloquent I really am. I've read at least 500 books and can quote more than 200 authors and historical figures.
10 INTELLIGENCE - My major is engineering so it's like I'm the next Einstein or something.
3 AGILITY - see strength
2 LUCK - I don't have any luck but I compensate with hard work. I'll show all those people who have only gotten by by being lucky enough to be born into the right circumstances! I know for a fact that they never worked hard for anything in life.

The average nerd's thought process.

Mr. Fantastic... What are you doing here? Go back to the power plant dammit!

steph01a

Jan 5, 2011
don't play Fallout, but this is me ..

4 - Strength
8 - Perception
8 - Endurance
10 - Charisma
9 - Intelligence
8 - Agility
8 - Luck

zenoaugustus

Feb 5, 2009
Onyx Oblivion said:
I love how everyone always gives themselves a high 9-10 INT in these threads.
I was about to comment on the same thing. It does make everyone look a tad pretentious. That's usually why I can't do threads like this. I can't tell you guys if I am crazy or a genius or something in between. I just am not a good judge of myself.

With that being said, I guess I'll try to gauge my SPECIAL stats.

10 Strength
10 Perception
10 Endurance
10 Charisma
10 Intelligence
10 Agility
10 Luck

Looks about right.

Ghengis John

Dec 16, 2007
6 STR
3 PER
5 END
5 CHA
8 INT
6 AGI
5 LUK

Strength, well I'm fairly strong. Not as strong as a lot of people but stronger than many. I used to be able to bench 325 and hoist a man into the air with one hand but those days are behind me.

Perception is bad. Need glasses for far vision, always miss details I catch in hind sight.

Endurance is a tough one. I tire fairly quickly but I'm hard to knock down and I can take a lot of punishment. Those are also attributes of endurance. I settled on a five.

Charisma, well I'm an excellent speaker. I can persuade people in private, charm strangers and I love speaking to crowds. I always get a good reaction too. I used to be a very good salesman as a matter of fact. But I'm not the handsomest guy in the world.

Intelligence: My IQ's 145 according to state tests. That's pretty good. But there's better.

Agility is a tricky stat for me. I'm not a fast runner at all. But I do have incredibly fast hands. To the point that people who have seen them when I have been in a fight have on more than one occasion expressed a great deal of surprise and amazement. I have caught the hands of people trying to punch me and spun them around behind their backs before they knew what was going on. I have talked to people after we fought and they claimed they couldn't even see my hands half the time. In short, my legs are slow but my hands are fast.

Luck. Hasn't been that good or that bad. I think God's watching out for me, but not handing me anything.

Morgan Howe

Jun 4, 2011
3 - Strength
10 - Perception
4 - Endurance
1 - Charisma
10 - Intelligence
1 - Agility
5 - Luck (i don't believe in luck, every situation is what you make of it)

Abedeus

Sep 14, 2008
harmonic said:
Abedeus said:
harmonic said:
Abedeus said:
More like deduction.

I wrote I'm intelligent and unlucky.

You said "everyone here is a genius with terrible luck?", which indirectly translated to me being a narcissist with woe complex. Actually I'm not a narcissist - I'm fucking insecure about myself and shy as hell. Also something many people noticed about me as well.
Well you assumed/deduced incorrectly. I was speaking about the general trend of everyone's answers, not specifically you.

But, being a super-genius, you should have figured that out already.
Well I figured out after 2 posts that you enjoy insulting people and acting like an immature brat.
I have never seen a more hilarious example of hypocricy. :p

I would hardly call anything that has been said an insult, besides your name-calling.

I wasn't the only person to notice the trend of extremely high intelligence self-ratings of the thread.
I agree, you are a hypocrite.

"I don't insult you or anybody else! By the way, you are all narcissistic self-centered egomaniacs, and I use sarcasm to hide my insults!"

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
What, me? Oh dear...

06 - Strength
09 - Perception
07 - Endurance
08 - Charisma
10 - Intelligence
06 - Agility
87 - Luck

Yes, well...the thing about me is that some of my characteristics are just blatently supernatural.

StBishop

Sep 22, 2009
I wonder if I'm the first...

S - 10
P - 10
E - 10
C - 10
I - 10
A - 10
L - 10

Edit:
Obviously not...

EvilPicnic said:
9000+ Strength
9000+ Perception
9000+ Endurance
9000+ Charisma
9000+ Intelligence
9000+ Agility
9000+ Luck

I am the avatar of a god

Abedeus

Sep 14, 2008
harmonic said:
Abedeus said:
I agree, you are a hypocrite.

"I don't insult you or anybody else! By the way, you are all narcissistic self-centered egomaniacs, and I use sarcasm to hide my insults!"
This is immensely fun. Please continue raging for no reason. :D

You might want to take a second look at that charisma stat a bit, too.
Where do you see rage? All I see is a childish hypocrite (I mean, you, if you didn't get it the first time) who is trolling people.

Also, e-Charisma is incredibly viable. Just like Facebook friends.

Dectomax

Jun 17, 2010
6 - Strength
9 - Perception
7 - Endurance
5 - Charisma
8 - Intelligence
8 - Agility
3 - Luck

mirror's edgy

Sep 30, 2010
Something like...
02- Strength
07- Perception
06- Endurance
05- Charisma
08- Intelligence (rating myself against an American high school, here)
04- Agility
05- Luck
FalloutJack said:
What, me? Oh dear...

06 - Strength
09 - Perception
07 - Endurance
08 - Charisma
10 - Intelligence
06 - Agility
87 - Luck

Yes, well...the thing about me is that some of my characteristics are just blatently supernatural.
Quick question on the SPECIAL subject(for the presumable expert), can you raise your SPECIAL stats after building your character in Fallout 1?

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
mirror said:
Quick question on the SPECIAL subject(for the presumable expert), can you raise your SPECIAL stats after building your character in Fallout 1?
Oh dear. It's been some time. I know that it was possible in Fallout 2, both cheating and not cheating, but I can't recall per se about the original game which - suffice to say - IS buggier than Fallout 2. Even still, a little searching and I came up with this interesting page [http://www.thecomputershow.com/computershow/cheats/falloutcheats.htm] which could be of some assistance.

DonMartin

Apr 2, 2010
To be honest, I have issues with rating myself and giving myself credit in general. I dont like doing it and I feel like an idiot doing it. I am, however, confident in what I can do, and I believe that anyone, including myself, can learn or do anything if they put their mind to it. I just choose not to speak of it. Also, Im not sure how the scale works... 10 would be the most (INSERT TRAIT HERE) person in the world, right? And average intelligence for an example would be around a 5-4? Hmm. Let's see.

Strength 6 (I am very strong for my size, but still no Arnold.)

Perception 8 (Very aware of myself and my surroundings, to an almost silly degree. I have a certain condition that makes me more aware of things than I should be, and I have been on medication for it. Clean now, though.)

Endurance 8 (I am ready to push myself to finish things. I do things better than I should be able to. I suppose the eight is more or less a mental endurance. Hm.)

Charisma 8 (People tend to feel relaxed around me, I joke around, can express myself and I have no enemies.)

Intelligence 6 (This one was hard, as I am well-read, book-smart and a thorough thinker with capacity for lateral thought and philosophy, but I am not particularily good with maths and numbers. There should be more kinds of "intelligence".)

Agility 8 (Im very dexterous, agile and I enjoy and find it easy to work with my hands and
body, so in this sense this would be an eight. Sportswise it would probably be a bit lower.)

Luck 5 (No more than anyone else, I would say)