How the public (your school, work etc) sees you

InnerRebellion

Mar 6, 2010
For maybe two years now, I've faced many stereotypes that revolve around me being emo. Not all emos cut themselves. Not all of them cry over every damn thing. But let's face it, society likes to make simple judgments on what they don't know.

Does your public see you in the light of stereotypes? Or are you seen as your own individual?

Doitpow

Mar 18, 2009
The greatest compliment I've ever had was someone calling me unstereotypable.
On the other hand some people think I'm a posh twat.

Tagball

Super Sexy Short Stuff
Nov 25, 2009
At my school, I'm known as "that weird blonde midget with the huge-ass backpack".

On The Escapist, I'm known as....uh....Tagball...

WanderingBiscuits

Apr 19, 2010
I sometimes wear a hoodie. So i am obviously a murderer, thief, scumbag and a rapist.

So thats a BIG yes from me. Annoys me immensely.

The_ModeRazor

Jul 29, 2009
I'm short.
I'm cynical.
I'm a fucking bastard, and a pretty funny one at that... that's what I'm told, anyway.

WrongSprite

Resident Morrowind Fanboy
Aug 10, 2008
Half the time, it's quiet, cute, polite, friendly.

The other half, it's fucked up, psycho, nuts, terrifying.

But yeah, I get the odd emo joke too.

WanderingBiscuits

Apr 19, 2010
D Bones said:
mr.hotandspicy said:
I sometimes wear a hoodie. So i am obviously a murderer, thief, scumbag and a rapist.

So thats a BIG yes from me. Annoys me immensely.
I always wear hoodies. I don't think I'm perceived as a murderer, thief, scumbag, or rapist. I usually have black t shirts with multi-colored logos under them though, so I'm probably looked at as a hipster or skater. Which is probably true....

I have long hair and I'm shy, so everyone always thinks I'm a stoner. I don't even smoke pot. I did in college, but not anymore.
I live in a pretty posh area so this is how they view me. Also for some reason they assume that wearing a hood cuts off my ability to hear. Nosey Nosey People.

Stereotypes are really hard to overcome. When somebody has their mind set to something then thats it.

Erja_Perttu

May 6, 2009
Everyone thinks I'm as mad as a box of frogs, if a box of frogs was hot, and that's about as far as they get with describing me.

goatzilla8463

Dec 11, 2008
The teachers think that I'm some huge nerd.

My friends see me as a crazy arse.

The Escapist doesn't know me.

Life is good.

Valkyira

Mar 13, 2009
Eukaryote said:
Apparently their is a stereotipe that science students are bad at english. I beg too difer.
Kind of ironic due to the three spelling mistakes.

XJ-0461

Mar 9, 2009
I'm probably seen as the quiet, geeky guy by most people. Some may see me as the quiet geeky guy who can get really fucking angry.

The latter is probably fairly accurate.

Chamale

Sep 9, 2009
Pr0 InSaNiTy said:
Eukaryote said:
Apparently their is a stereotipe that science students are bad at english. I beg too difer.
Kind of ironic due to the three spelling mistakes.
Yeah, that was the joke.

Me? I have a reputation for knowing everything, compounded by my tendency to know everything. I'm also known as the extremely tall, nice, often absentminded philosopher scientist guy.

TheDustyBanana

Feb 8, 2009
I'm seen either as the "quiet guy" or the "loud, funny, manic guy". It all depends on who I'm with. The general consensus though seems to be that most people seem to think I'm "weird" regardless.

PurpleSky

Apr 20, 2010
First of all because nobody had anything bad about me that they could use,they used my name,George,and turned it into the spanish version and started taunting about how I "get all the ladies".

Doesn't matter what you do,these things will happen i say to myself,but I'm sick of being made fun of solely because my name.I won't change it and I ignore them when they don't use my real name until they get the message.

Sorry for my rant.You probably haven't gotten anything anyway from it.

Also I'm seen as the weirdo because I almost went red with rage when I found out that the first thing my classmates had done,when we went on a sky trip,was to get drunk inside,especially the girls,only for them to start crying that the other boys won't leave them alone.I went up the mountain with my close friends and we had fun and tried snowboards,but only I was apparently affected by the fact that the rest of our class doesn't even attempt to try it.

Julianking93

May 16, 2009
I'm sensitive, caring, and compassionate and show love to everyone.

So obviously I'm a raging homo

PurpleSky

Apr 20, 2010
Julianking93 said:

If my manly looks(ridiculously wide shoulders and big chest)wouldn't have been,I'd probably be seen that way too.Although I treat everybody the same and not swear,I don't actually show love to everyone like you do.

hottsaucekid

Sep 20, 2009
Most people see me as annoying due to the fact I never stop talking.
i usually hear a short joke now and again but im getting taller...its funny to hear kids shorter than me calling ME the short one.

Julianking93

May 16, 2009
PurpleSky said:
Julianking93 said:

If my manly looks(ridiculously wide shoulders and big chest)wouldn't have been,I'd probably be seen that way too.Although I treat everybody the same and not swear,I don't actually show love to everyone like you do.
The things is while I'm not particularly manly looking in the face (actually not at all. I've been confused for a girl on many occasions. and even been hit on before), I have broad shoulders and a large frame.

I'm still seen as gay though.

Oh well, could be worse I guess.