I've chosen not to choose
If you need some help,
I'll show you..
How to lose

I guess eventually
I may get sick of doing nothing
But then I could get used to it
I could be an unadulterated pop culture experiment
Then maybe somebody will finally give a shit!

Go slow
Cuz I get vertigo
What's left
To underachieve?
Every choice I've made,
I've chosen not to choose
If you need some help,
I'll show you..
How to lose

KissingSunlight

Molotov Cocktails, Anyone?
Jul 3, 2013
DarklordKyo said:
Every decision I've ever made was the wrong one.

Instead of choosing to enter college early via dual enrollment, I decide to stay in high school. Instead of changing my major from Computer Science to IT, I fail my major, and start IT in a community college. Those, and many others, were among the many wrong decisions I've made.

How do people do it?, how do people make the right decision?, what am I doing wrong here?
The best advice I can give you is that all it matters is what you do after you make a bad decision. As people have mentioned, we all make bad decisions. Do you give up and complain or blame other people for your failures? Or...Learn what you did wrong or what you could have done differently and try again, or try something else.

Life has no guidebook. I know I get frustrated with seeing people with less talent, smarts, and effort be more successful than me. All I can do is focus on myself and learn from my mistakes.

stroopwafel

Elite Member
Jul 16, 2013
No crying over spilled milk as they say. :p Regretting the things you did or didn't do is part of the human condition. Even when you feel the urge to mope over past mistakes try to accept the things you can't change and try to change the things you can. You can be critical of yourself but this should always come from a source of self-compassion which is as important as(if not more so) than self-confidence. Without self-compassion failure or perceived inadequacies can easily lead to self-deprecation which really isn't a constructive way to go about things. Espescially since self-deprecation can easily lead to frustration, defeatism or even depression.

Every person has a 'critical inner voice' but it's up to you if that is a viscious enemy or an encouraging best friend. The latter is more likely to lead you to better decisions and will also make it more easy to accept things and move on. Good luck my friend!

Orga777

Jan 2, 2008
DarklordKyo said:
Every decision I've ever made was the wrong one.

Instead of choosing to enter college early via dual enrollment, I decide to stay in high school. Instead of changing my major from Computer Science to IT, I fail my major, and start IT in a community college. Those, and many others, were among the many wrong decisions I've made.

How do people do it?, how do people make the right decision?, what am I doing wrong here?
Yeah, that is better than me, dude. The only thing you can do with mistakes is learn from them in order to make things better for you in the future. Everyone makes the wrong choices, it is what you learn from your mistakes that makes you a better person.

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
Are you dead? No? Then you didn't make the worst possible decisions.

I trusted the wrong person, gave her a place to stay, and she thanked me by ripping me off for several thousand dollars and ran off when she realized her plan for getting me to marry her wasn't going to work. It took me nearly a decade to recover.

K12

Dec 28, 2012
Focus on making better decisions rather than make THE right decision. That way madness lies.