How will Yahtzee review Portal 2?

TheComfyChair

Sep 17, 2010
it's unlikely he'll complain about much. Overall i'd think his opinion of it will be high. Apart from the loading, what are peoples complaints with portal 2? *zomg totally optional cash shop for bot costumes* and *i wanted more reward for the ARG*, that's about it.

Dr. Paine

Oct 26, 2009
FarleShadow said:
FarleShadow said:
He'll probably mention that the ending fight and the end video were mutually incompatible.

If you see the ending, you'll understand that.
Wicky_42 said:
I'm... not sure I do 0.o
Woodsey said:
I've finished the game. I can confirm that I haven't got a clue what you mean.
Ok, so remember

When Wheatley blows the explosives and you shoot a portal through the roof?
But then later you take an elevator trip to the surface and there is a massive field of wheat, with no indications of holes or cracks anywhere to shoot a portal through?

Yea that. Incompatible.
Chell passed out, probably for several hours.

The Center can move/be repaired fairly fast.

GLaDOS' chamber seemed to be in a different place (it was mentioned that Wheatley started moving it around to get closer to the testing, I figured she would have wanted to put it back in the right place).

Not that incompatible.

Knusper

Sep 10, 2010
I don't think he will like it as much as he liked Portal, but he will probably do an entire episode to review the video in.

FarleShadow

Oct 31, 2008
Dr. Paine said:
Chell passed out, probably for several hours.

The Center can move/be repaired fairly fast.

GLaDOS' chamber seemed to be in a different place (it was mentioned that Wheatley started moving it around to get closer to the testing, I figured she would have wanted to put it back in the right place).

Not that incompatible.
I would have spoilered most of that.

Its the Wheat bit, can fix the center easy, can't grow wheat in hours. But its just one of those very minor things I always pick up on in games.

Edit: On moving the facility, it seemed to me that it was more tall than it was wide, The Fall chapter, etc.

ShakyFiend

Jun 10, 2009
Im gonna go out on a limb here and say: Not Well. I know, i know its a good game and all, but stringent and careful analysis of yahtzee's past reviews that have taken many factors into account, demonstrate one startling and unalterable fact. This guy beats the proverbial shit out of 99% of the games he reviews. Therefore I think I might be not too far wrong in saying: Not Well.

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
FarleShadow said:
FarleShadow said:
He'll probably mention that the ending fight and the end video were mutually incompatible.

If you see the ending, you'll understand that.
Wicky_42 said:
I'm... not sure I do 0.o
Woodsey said:
I've finished the game. I can confirm that I haven't got a clue what you mean.
Ok, so remember

When Wheatley blows the explosives and you shoot a portal through the roof?
But then later you take an elevator trip to the surface and there is a massive field of wheat, with no indications of holes or cracks anywhere to shoot a portal through?

Yea that. Incompatible.
Given the nature of the elevator cutscene, I wouldn't be surprised if it was something more akin to an "artist's impression" of how she got back to the surface.

I'm pretty sure Glados herself can actually move about the facility, even if its only with the rest of her control centre.

Suicidal Zebra

Feb 11, 2011
My Guess:

While he enjoyed [loading] it, Wheatly will have [loading] driven him to an incandescent rage over the [loading] course of his 8 hours of [loading] gameplay.

Darby

Jul 21, 2010
He'll HATE Wheatley. HATE. Remember why he congratulated Crysis in the end credits of his Crysis review?

Dularn

Nov 7, 2006
I think he will love it but there are certainly a number of flaws he could point out:

1) The multiplayer store
2) Loading screens (really didn't bother me too much)
3) lack of extra challenges / harder maps on release

DenUrs

Dec 19, 2009
Deminobody said:
Here's another question to ponder: Will he play the co-op?
He tweeted he was playing through the co-op together with Yug two days ago. So it's safe to safe he's already finished the single player as well.

I think he'll review it and love it. But I suspect he'll be taking the same route he did with Bioshock and get all the praise out of the way first and move on to the criticism quickly.

Also, expect a minute or so about sequels. We all know how much he loves them and now it's happened to his favourite game of all time :p

Dejawesp

May 5, 2008
The game was great but I believe he will criticize the game for being too long. Personally I was spellbound by the first portal game and played it from start to finish in one go but I had to stop playing Portal 2 on 3 occasions just to get some rest from the puzzles. At around the 30% mark I started looking forward to the end of the game.

theriddlen

Apr 6, 2010
Really, the only fault of this game is that there are plenty loading screens. He'll generally praise it, then at the end mention that it is not entirely flawless, but he still loves it.

Also, why is store a flaw? It's a feature. You don't like it, you don't use it.

ABLb0y

Aug 27, 2010
Well, remember he liked Bioshock 1, but (For some reason) Hated Bioshock 2, so...

Pearwood

Mar 24, 2010
Mathak said:
Guessing there'll be something about wanting to rip out his own eardrums to make Wheatleys voice go away.
Stephen Merchant? I was pleasantly surprised to hear him, I used to follow his podcasts with Ricky Gervais.

Gingernerd

Jan 16, 2010
If he finds it absolutely sublime from start to finish then he might have to stay true to his word and jam forks into his eyes.

Layzor

Feb 18, 2009
It's his style to pick out minor faults (which portal 2 does have) and exagerate them so I guess business as usual.