How would Death Matches (Like Madworld) get on TV? And if you could make one, what would it be like?

ejb626

Aug 6, 2009
I don't have time to think of something terribly original but heres one, about 150 people are placed on a massive ship thst goes on a voyage across the Atlantic, there are various weapons hidden throughout the ship such as shot-guns, bats, assault rifles, daggers etc. they have to kill eachother until only one remains alive. Not to mention they have to fight over food and other resources and attempt to pilot the ship. That would be quite a reality show, I can see TLC airing it now.

Skuffyshootster

Jan 13, 2009
There would be 10 clowns, each riding a unicycle, and armed with baseball bats and sawn-off shotguns. The arena would be a flat plateau with a steep slope at one end, and there would be a lake filled with starving crocodiles at the bottom.

I would call it "Brutal Clown Massacre 2000".

CNKFan

Aug 20, 2008
It would be ancient roman style with swords and lions and stuff. The fighters would be made up of convicts that have death, life, and like 100 year sentences with no chance for parole. There would also have teams from prisons all over the country that would fight in national matches. That would be awesome.

molester jester

Sep 4, 2008
Big Brother 19 normal contestants 1 sociopathic killer. They know ones of them is a killer but not which member of the house is the killer the contestant to figure it out first / last to be killed wins.

Sebenko

Dec 23, 2008
Six people enter a house, where a chest of gold is hidden.

Except there is no gold, and one of them is a psychotic assassin. Who gets an extra reward if they're not found out.

(Yeah, that was like the one quest line I enjoyed in Oblivion)

Or perhaps a group of nerds, each one given a keyboard. last one alive gets a lifetime WoW subscription, a GTX 295, a copy of the Hobbit and LOTR signed by Tolkien...
That should be sufficiently bloody.

Hazy

Jun 29, 2008
Jaranja said:
20 midgets in a HUGE house (no really, Massive). All armed with a ladle. The last one alive gets a million.

I'd called it... I don't know. Suggestions please.
Ladle(d) to Rest?

It'd involve sharks, a glass fun house, and randomly activating spikes.

It'd be called: "You're Fu**ed."

grubgrubjenkins

Dec 21, 2009
Sebenko said:
Six people enter a house, where a chest of gold is hidden.

Except there is no gold, and one of them is a psychotic assassin. Who gets an extra reward if they're not found out.

(Yeah, that was like the one quest line I enjoyed in Oblivion)

Or perhaps a group of nerds, each one given a keyboard. last one alive gets a lifetime WoW subscription, a GTX 295, a copy of the Hobbit and LOTR signed by Tolkien...
That should be sufficiently bloody.

i would want to be on that show

20 convicts on an island they have 3 days to find a helicopter to get them off the island or it will blow up ^^ catch the helicopter only has one seat oh and theres cake

CincoDeMayo

Dec 17, 2008
Easy way:

Pay random over-populated prison to "give" your network a couple dozens of crazy, dangerous, "experienced" convicts, put them all on the far side of an island far away from civilization, strap explosive collars on their necks and tell them theres one one-use key for the collars somewhere on the other side of the island.

A fine mix between Saw and Battle Royale, with people who can make a show out of it.

"Freedom Fighters"?
"Con DEATH!"?
Or maybe "BattleCON"?

Hmm, tricky... Ideas?

Captain Schpack

Apr 22, 2009
Jaranja said:
20 midgets in a HUGE house (no really, Massive). All armed with a ladle. The last one alive gets a million.

I'd called it... I don't know. Suggestions please.
Cool name for a death match.

OT: It'd be people. They start with bare first and one of them starts off with a silenced sub machine gun. You need points to win (you can be the last one standing but if you don't have enough points you be humiliatingly executed for the viewers pleasure) and get 1000 per other player that you killed. You can either try to kill everyone else or try to band up with some people to kill the machine gun guy. Also, only newlyweds (3 months or sooner) and their familys can play (focus is on newlyweds and in-law parents)

Foxbat Flyer

Jul 9, 2009
canadamus_prime said:
My idea for a Death Match type show would be to take about 20-30 death row inmates, dump them on a deserted island rigged up with hidden cameras all over the place and give them all chainsaws and other melee weapons. Last one left standing gets a go free with a clean record.
As for what to call it? I don't know, I'm open to suggestions.
Kinda like 'The Condemned'?

BloodyThoughts

EPIC PIRATE DANCE PARTY!
Jan 4, 2010
Acid pits, spikey death traps, everyone has no armor, railroad guns, machine guns, sledge hammers, chainsaws that can be attached to your arms, alligators, scorpions, snakes,
Glass everywhere, shotguns, knives, wolves, oh dude, it would be a hoot.

Aug 25, 2009
It would probably start with robots or CGI, then as the public grew more interested, would involve convicts. Basically becoming "The Running Man" or "Battle Royale".

Vek

Aug 18, 2008
I would hope it'd be something akin to Quake 3, Unreal Tournament, or Bet On Soldier. Sanctioned combat scenarios made of professional fighters in specially constructed or off-world battlefield areas.

Kollega

Jun 5, 2009
My deathmatch show contingent would consist entirely of people thinking up ideas for deathmatch shows because they have too little of a conscience and too much of a free time. You bastards.

Oooooor it could be zero-g fights with jetpacks. Only without actually killing anyone - just fights. I'm not that big of a fan of murdering people on live television.