How would you feel having a Symbiote?

Sean Hollyman

Jun 24, 2011
How would you feel having a symbiote with you? Btw it includes the costume too.

I'd be fine with it, as long as I didn't have to be bad lol. I'd be a superhero

Loop Stricken

Covered in bees!
Jun 17, 2009
locke said:
I would keep it even if it did make me bad.

I mean, super powers.
This, essentially. Hell, I think I'd likely end up more like Carnage than Venom; none of this dual persona crap.

Rowan93

Aug 25, 2011
I would be all over a symbiote. Okay, technically the symbiote would be all over me, but it's the same thing really.

I wouldn't do any superheroism or supervillainy either, I'd just roll with the enhanced physical abilities.

By the way, you should probably specify it if you're talking about the symbiotes from the Marvel universe. Most of what I said applies anyway, even if it's a completely different kind of symbiote - whatever benefits it offers, I'm going to vote yes on the symbiosis unless there are drawbacks that outweigh the benefits.

bobmus

Full Frontal Nerdity
May 25, 2010
I would feel confused, as I have no fucking clue what a symbiote is in this context. I thought we were gonna discuss the idea of living symbiotically as a species, such as our relationship with some bacteria.

The Night Angel

Dec 30, 2011
I would take super powers, regardless of the drawback of it twisting my moral system like MacDonald's twists fries :p

Knight Captain Kerr

May 27, 2011
I already have symbiotic bacteria in my large intestine.

As for the Symbiotes from Marvel, no I have a feeling it would make me go evil.

Then again....

Right Hook

May 29, 2011
Having a Symbiote would be a tricky thing, it can cause all sorts of mental problems and someone even got cancer from using it for too long. I would still take one if given the opportunity, I'd figure out someway to keep it contained and then only use it for like two hours at a time, once a week. Using it in moderation so it didn't have a chance to do anything too bad to me.

But yeah, it would be pretty damn awesome.

Durgiun

Dec 25, 2008
I'd just eat a shitload of chocolate and do my best not to kill innocent people. Mafiosos and corrupt officials that are responsible for people's deaths and haven't been jailed...

P. S. One internet to any nerd who knows why I mentioned chocolate.

Durgiun

Dec 25, 2008
Shotgun Guy said:
Having a Symbiote would be a tricky thing, it can cause all sorts of mental problems and someone even got cancer from using it for too long. I would still take one if given the opportunity, I'd figure out someway to keep it contained and then only use it for like two hours at a time, once a week. Using it in moderation so it didn't have a chance to do anything too bad to me.
No, Eddie Brock got cancer due to his own biology and the symbiote actually helped Brock live longer and more easily. The only danger a Symbiote poses to the user is that your body might become dependant on it. Not 100% sure about the last part, though.

Daniel Ferguson

Apr 3, 2010
If we're talking Venom, hell yes. I would be 900x more badass. I would have to be careful of my existing traits being exaggerated, though. I'd also be 900x whinier, or 900x more brutally honest, or whatever. I think that's what Venom is.

If we're talking Goa'ould, the health benefits would be cool. Provided I was a Tok'ra or a Jaffa. I don't like the thought of being the slave of a System Lord.

solemnwar

Sep 19, 2010
... what do you mean /if/?

lol in seriousness, I don't know. Depends on the symbiote, I guess.

Fieldy409_v1legacy

Oct 9, 2008
Assuming spiderman one.

Well Id probably like it. Even as it completely corrupted me. I imagine I wouldnt have the willpower to give it up and would end up going full on murderous villain because of it.