How's your team doing?

GundamSentinel

The leading man, who else?
Aug 23, 2009
The All Blacks made it to the semifinals, so I'm happy. Argentina put up quite a fight, but got hammered near the end. Bit worried about the next match against Australia, they will mean trouble.

Spaghetti

Goes Well With Pesto
Sep 2, 2009
Things are going pretty well.
My football (soccer) team Heart of Midlothian are doing pretty well with a new manager getting the best out of the team. Once they start beating the smaller teams and not just the likes of Celtic, we should do well. Just have to wait and see how the financial troubles pan out.

As for hockey, my Flyers have started off nicely with two away wins, and their first regular season shutout after 550 days(!). With what is essentialy a restructured team, this season will be interesting to say the least. But the first two games gave me hope.

rosac

Sep 13, 2008
chronicfc said:
The "mighty" Toon Army, Newcastle United, are doing better than in those wonderful dreams of glory I have, unbeaten 7 game start, 4th in the league, it'll never last, but its fun while it lasts. In more local news, Blyth Spartans are doing less amazingly, by quite a bit, hovering just above relegation zone after 12 games. In even more local news my team, the mouthful that is "Blyth Rangers Deportivo Under 16's" are doing even worse, losing all our games so far, and we are 4 games in, playing another match in a few hours, hopefully we can stop this dire start.
Casual newcastle fan here, dead chuffed with where they are at the minute, although i suspects arsenals fall from grace helped a lot. But with liverpool below us, we may lose the 4th spot pretty easily :/

I hate how football has had few upsets this year, except for arsenal. Remember when a team from Yorkshire managed to beat man united? That was hilarious.

Jodah

Aug 2, 2008
Not as hot as I would like. I'm a Steelers fan. Went from SB contenders to 2-2 in five months...

404notfound

Nov 9, 2009
chronicfc said:
AnnihilaSean said:
Not that I'm not thrilled at our fantastic start, but I really don't understand how we're unbeaten as we only have one striker that's even half decent. Ameobi's never been good and, for all the goals he's scored, I'm pretty sure Leon Best is the worst striker I've ever seen. Any team that has Ba as their primary source of goals is looking to have a shaky season at best and yet, there we are with the big guns.
I read an article, and, according to Krul, Pardew has been doing wonders for the defense. Also going ahead we have a few good players, like Sammy Ameobi, who is seemingly not awful, or Haris Vuckic, who will undoubtedly be bought by a "good" team if he gets any good. Added to that our midfield is solid enough, okay Obertan is not my first choice, but we still have Cabeye, Tiote, Ben Arfa and Gutierrez. And, credit where its due, Best has been scoring, somehow.
To be honest We're only doing so good cos we haven't really played any really good teams yet, I mean Arsenal don't count as a really good team especially since we played them in the middle of losing fabregas and nasri and they hadn't bought anyone yet. But the toon are going to lose to Tottenham next game, maybe draw with Wigan, beat Blackburn (Carling Cup) then lose to Everton, Man. C., Man. U. and Chelsea all in a row.

Oct 30, 2010
Well, the Blue Jays had another meh season, and Roy Halladay just got eliminated from the playoffs. Manning's neck killed football before the season started.

On the other hand, holy shit Winnipeg has a hockey team again! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

M-E-D The Poet

Sep 12, 2011
Spaghetti said:
Things are going pretty well.
My football (soccer) team Heart of Midlothian are doing pretty well with a new manager getting the best out of the team. Once they start beating the smaller teams and not just the likes of Celtic, we should do well. Just have to wait and see how the financial troubles pan out.

As for hockey, my Flyers have started off nicely with two away wins, and their first regular season shutout after 550 days(!). With what is essentialy a restructured team, this season will be interesting to say the least. But the first two games gave me hope.
yay a fellow heart's man

BelfastSpartan

Oct 5, 2010
NHL: Colorado Avalanche doing much better than expected, very excited this year after the abysmal year we had last season. Beaten the Defending cup champs in their own barn was pretty awesome!

Elite league (top UK ice hockey league): Belfast Giants top of the league and on an ever increasing winning streak! It's looking good so far.

F1: Vettel won the championship =[ but the Mclarens are getting stronger......first pole this year!! Now for Lewis to get his first win with Button 2nd so we can maybe win the constructors and I'll be happier.

Rugby: Ireland put out of the world cup but Ulster doing quite well.

NFL: Broncos, Not good

Premiership football: Arsenal worst start to the season EVER!!!

So there we have it, 2 seasons going very well, 2 mediocre, 2 going very poorly

everythingbeeps

Sep 30, 2011
I live outside Boston. So while the Pats are doing fine, the Bruins are off to a slow start, none of that matters because we're still drowning in the Red Sox fiasco, which continues to get more insane daily.

Sp3ratus

Apr 11, 2009
Well, the Red Wings won their first 3 games in a row, so it's a pretty damn good start, I'd say. If they just stay healthy throughout the year, Wings will have another damn good shot at the Cup. Also, I think that'd be a perfect ending for a great career(Lidström).

Barcelone, despite hiccups here and there are doing well as they always are and their only real competition in the home league should be Real Madrid. The CL is a bit more exciting though.

McLaren Mercedes and Jenson Button are doing well, a win for him last week and a third qualifying today predicts another good race for him.

And lastly, the NBA is on strike, which seem unlikely to end anytime soon, so no news from there >.<

StBishop

Sep 22, 2009
Daymo said:
Renegade-pizza said:
We Springboks are kicking ass and taking names and jaws. That and Beast is culling those who are dumb enough to run in front of him.
Ahahahaha, Australia shouldn't have won the match, but some how we did. My Afl team Geelong won their third premiership in five years last week and most othe sports haven't started new seasons yet. Australia is in between sports at the moment.
Basketball is in round 3. :(

The NBL get's no love.

Wildcats are doing well, but unfortunately so are the damn Breakers.

I'm sick of those fucking Kiwi teams coming in and ruining our fun by sending all their best players into our league while our best players are all split amongst various teams.

They ruined the Taipans Season in the NBL last year, and the warriors almost ruined the NRL a few weeks back (not that Manly are much better).

It's terrible.

TheDarkEricDraven said:
Trucken said:
First reply and I'm already being trolled. Kudos to you sir. Kudos.
Trolled? No, no, I just don't know any sports teams. Well, I want to get into Hockey, but you know...American.
Don't you guys have an entire Ice Hockey league? Surely that's good enough.

(Note, that was rhetorical. I know there's an NHL, I'm moreso asking if you're aware of it.)

SeeIn2D

May 24, 2011
Well in football my main team is FC Barcelona and they are looking pretty sharp this season with a couple of exceptions. My favorite English Premier League team is Manchester United and they are on a war path this season. So overall I'm happy with my teams. Also the football team I play on has won all of our games this season.

StBishop

Sep 22, 2009
Puddleknock said:
Well Cheltenham Town is doing rather well. They are 6th in League two currently (last season we were fighting relegation). For those of you unfamiliar with the league structure of the English football/soccer leagues League Two is the 4th highest league. Its goes Premier League, Championship, League One and then League two. So no Cheltenham Town are not the best team in the world but they are still my team.

In other sports England were dumped out of the rugby world cup yesterday, which still hurts. Though I'm part Welsh so revenge will come next week in the semi finals.
Ummm, I think not.

Nyquisted

Nov 18, 2010
chronicfc said:
My personal hero is Fabrico Coloccini, who I would describe as one of our best defenders of all time, not saying much looking at out previous, though
Well he's certainly improved from when he was brought in.
My favorite defender was David Rozenhal.

That man was comedy gold.

NinjaOnXTC

Apr 25, 2011
Well, judging from that performance, the RWC Final will be a token gesture this year, it's come down to Aus vs NZ, with heavy NZ favoritism of course.

Jakub324

Jan 23, 2011
Manchester United are doing just fine, thank you for asking. England on the other hand...

Magicmad5511

May 26, 2011
The only team I support is the Sith. I think we already lost. Damn Jedi. Vader was our best player and they stole him at the last moment. Then he killed Coach Sidous who was also our manager. Then Vader died before we could buy him back.
Talk about a bad season.

OK seriously I don't support any sport team. The closest I come to it is supporting a certain guy on Total Wipeout for that episode.
Whoever root for never seems to win. CURSE YOU PROBABILITY.