Humble Indie Bundle 5 Is Objectively The Best Thing

ohnoitsabear

Feb 15, 2011
targren said:
Though, I have to wonder, especially with the crap about sneaking Shank into the last one... Can "Psychonauts" really be considered an indie game? It was originally published by THQ and Majesco (depending on region)
Well, even though it was originally published by THQ/Majesco, Double Fine currently owns all the publishing rights to it, so it's technically indie. Although I do have to say that Psychonauts is one game that I don't think anybody would have a problem with them putting in there, because it's freaking Psychonauts.

On Topic: Just bought it, even though I already have Amnesia and Psychonauts. I've been meaning to get both Limbo and Bastion, and Superbrothers is a nice bonus. Plus, there's a very good chance that they will add in more stuff later on. Humble Indie Bundle 4 for sure, and probably one or two other games, too.

Also: Psychonauts on Linux. Fuck yes.

MisterShine

Him Diamond
Mar 9, 2010
The_Lost_King said:
I can't believe someone payed $3,000 for it.
It's not 'someone', actually. The Humble Brony Bundle is a group of Brony's who pool their money together to donate in one big lump. They do big donations for every bundle.

Khanht Cope said:
This will be my first venture into indie games, (and non-console games, for that matter) as a show of support for this awesomeness. I've heard good things about Amnesia. Not sure about the others, but we'll see.
Never played Sword & Sorcery, but each of the other 4 games were easily among the best and brightest of the games released in their year, with nigh universal praise from critics and gamers alike.

Well, Amnesia inspires more terror and dread than love and praise, but ya know, that's what they were going for.

OT: I own all of these already (besides the aforementioned S&S), but I bought them again because, hey, why the hell not? Also, all the soundtracks thrown in! This bundle is ridiculously awesome, and everyone knows it since the bundle already hit

1 MILLION DOLLARS

in 6 hours. That's about as much as the first bundle got in its entirety, and will quickly surpass the 2.3M the last bundle got. Good on em.

Berithil

Maintenence Man of the Universe
Mar 19, 2009
Woohoo! I'm glad I put off on getting amnesia and limbo. Totally worth it.

Captcha= bread of life.... You know what, screw you, captcha! This is the second captcha post in a row for me!

SciMal

Dec 10, 2011
DoPo said:
But, but, but...I have those games already :( Aside from Superbrothers: Sword & Sorcery EP.

Still

Average purchase: $7.21
Average Windows: $6.64
Average Mac: $8.65
Average Linux: $11.20
I feel ashamed I'm on Windows at the moment.

I think I'll just buy these again to be able to play them on under Linux, because, why not?
Nah, makes perfect sense.

Macs are overpriced, Linux aficionados always have something to prove, and Windows users are all over the place - messing with the curve.

OT: This bundle kicks ass. I don't have any of them because I'm boring, but I can part with some cash for these!

Pinkamena

Stuck in a vortex of sexy horses
Jun 27, 2011

Too bad I own all of these amazing, really fucking good games! Seriously, psychonauts?! Just, WOW.

DEAD34345

Aug 18, 2010
Yeah, definitely the best thing. Presumably it's even better if your computer can actually run any of the damn things... Why the hell does Bastion even need ultra-pixel-mebobber-70-billion-or-whatever-it-is anyway? Isn't it completely sprite based and 2D?

Ah well, in a decade or two I'll finally upgrade to a 21st century computer and get to play these games. It's not like I paid full price for them, so I can't complain too much.

Hazy992

Why does this place still exist
Aug 1, 2010
I would if my laptop wasn't so shit :/ Sounds like an awesome bundle too

TJC

Aug 28, 2011
right after cleaning my pants from copious amounts of jizz, I'm all over that download button. HOLYFUCKERTHISSHIT'SAMAZING

OldNewNewOld

Mar 2, 2011
I would buy it just for Bastion.
Unfortunately, I don't have even 1$ on my credit card, not to speak about 7 or more what is needed now.

I bought a new graphics card few days ago and now I'm broke. :D

Bvenged

Sep 4, 2009
Personal #Opinion and food for thought incoming!

This is the first humblebundle I've bought, on a computer that can't handle it, because I was tempted by Amnesia but didn't want to pay so much for it standalone.

I wasn't a fan of the Bastion demo. Limbo and Psychonauts never interested me and I've never heard of Swords and Sorcery.

Now I'll have to try to squeeze the processing power out of my computer to play them. I'm not even sure if I have the right shader model on my GFX any more (DX9, ShaderM4). But hey, I have a chance to play Amnesia and try out 3 games I don't know much about! xD

I paid $12, $5 more than the average - Is that okay?
$2 for Humble, $4 for Child's Play Charity and $6 for the devs to split. That's all for games I would never have bought otherwise (well, maaaaybe Amnesia in a year or two).

I feel pretty good for it, regardless.

So, yeah - even if they don't work for me until I get a new computer over the next year, I hope the $4 helps allow some kid trapped in hospital to experience a gaming as we do, the $6 for a member of one of the dev's to work on their next game for an hour and the $2 to go towards sealing more humble bundles for everyone else in the future, as I doubt I'll buy another one (such games aren't really my thing).

Humble Bundles are a great thing, for everyone involved in any way.

PS: I can't believe the average for this is $7ish still. I'm a Brit and I was thinking it was £7 average for a long while, and that was quite cheap too!

So I jacked it up to $12, technically about £8. I was tempted to go higher but I am incredibly strapped for cash and I have a lot of work to do in the next 2 weeks.

Bitcoon

May 16, 2012
What's up with the Sworcery hate?

I thought it was a pretty cool game. Haven't played it on the PC yet and I didn't get far on my old iPod Touch because... well, it's hard to get into a smartphone game like that. But the soundtrack is awesome and what I played was pretty good. Certainly seems worthy of mention here...

Kitty4President

Nov 22, 2011
SirBryghtside said:
GAH! I bought Limbo literally YESTERDAY on an impulse buy, because it was on offer on Steam. Blarg!
Same here.
Curse you Steam, you were planning on taunting us, weren't you?!

I'm definitely going to buy the bundle, though.

octafish

Apr 23, 2010
Some people will be getting gifts. I feel a little cheated that I have all these games (bar Superbrothers), still I HAVE all these games. Plus I can give them to Mac friends.

DasDestroyer

Apr 3, 2010
Humble Bundle 5 is the worst thing ever! I already have Amnesia so I am not getting my full money's worth!
[/overexagerratedcomplaint]
Yeah, Bastion, Limbo, Sword and Sorcery and Psychonauts for under 10 bucks is amazing!

CAPTCHA: hard and fast
hehe...[sub][sub][sub][sub][sub][/sub]That's what she said[/sub][/sub][/sub][/sub]