Humble Indie Bundle 5 Is Objectively The Best Thing

Andy Shandy

Fucked if I know
Jun 7, 2010
I would be all over this if I could be sure that my laptop would run them. Currently recommending the deal to friends who can though.

Vuliev

Jul 19, 2011
Oh snap. Well, there goes $10 out of my wallet.

captcha: panic stations. Seems appropriate.

DEAD34345

Aug 18, 2010
Furioso said:
Lunncal said:
Yeah, definitely the best thing. Presumably it's even better if your computer can actually run any of the damn things... Why the hell does Bastion even need ultra-pixel-mebobber-70-billion-or-whatever-it-is anyway? Isn't it completely sprite based and 2D?

Ah well, in a decade or two I'll finally upgrade to a 21st century computer and get to play these games. It's not like I paid full price for them, so I can't complain too much.
Is Bastion really that taxing on a computer? I can play it on a laptop that can barely play Fallout 3, and I don't think it's considered 2D or sprite based, it's cartoonish but you travel on an isometric field
The problem isn't really that it's taxing on the computer, it's that it uses some advanced (by my standards) pixel shaders which my system doesn't support. I'm pretty sure it is 2D and sprite based, because the isometric viewpoint is really just a way of making the 2D sprites seem to have depth. Then again, that just makes it more annoying, because I know the game doesn't really need this stuff, and without it I could run it fine.

[sub]Oh, and a computer that "can barely play Fallout 3" actually seems pretty great to me. Mine can barely play Morrowind...[/sub]

Furioso said:
OT: Any word on how good that sword and sorcery game is? I've played all the rest (And they are brilliant BUY NOW) except for that one
Since the Sword and Sworcery game is the only one I can actually run, I might as well answer this too. I definitely wouldn't buy the bundle for that game alone. It's clearly designed with a touch-screen in mind, so it controls badly on the PC, and it honestly doesn't seem like it's all that great to begin with. As a game it's really pretty bad, but I don't think the gameplay is the "point" of the game anyway. It's more about experiencing the sounds and the environment, and if you enjoy that sort of thing you might like it a lot, but if that's not specifically what you're looking for I would avoid it.

Kermi

Elite Member
Nov 7, 2007
My wife woke me at 5am to ask if we could buy it because she saw it was up to $800k and thought it was nearly over. She's been wanting Amnesia for awhile but we never got around to buying it - I'd also been considering Psychonauts because it was on sale on Steam this week. Two birds with one super cheap stone.

Little did we know it had only been up a few hours and had 2 weeks to go! Still, I popped in my $7.50 and got some truly excellent games. I already had Bastion so I gave the code away, and we already had Limbo on 360 but I'm happy to have it on PC too. It was EASILY worth it for Amnesia and Psychonauts alone. Everything else is gravy.

Kermi

Elite Member
Nov 7, 2007
SecretNegative said:
Does this get delivered to my front door? I'd rather have it be activated on my steam account or something.

FYI, I used google checkout.
Not sure if joking, so I'll just mention if you donate $1 or more you get a Steam code for the games.

ramboondiea

Oct 11, 2010
bought it, cant remember how just i payed, think i dropped like £20 pounds, cant be bothered to work out what that is in dollars, this is also the 4th copy of bastion that i now own, best fucking game ever, in fact i think i will go listen to the sound track again, slinger's song!

Quakester

Blaster Master
Apr 27, 2010
ARGH!

I already own all of those except Limbo. Ah well, I may have to get it just for that when I have some cash.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Scrumpmonkey said:
Zachary Amaranth said:
Wow, that song is incredibly generic. Why am I a bad person for not caring about "generic western backing track 13?"
"Bastion soundtrack... Generic"

Wat 0_o ... No.

You're not exactly helping your argument here.

Dryk

Dec 4, 2011
Dirty Hipsters said:
I would buy that SO fast if I didn't already own all those games.
I own everything except Sworcery and I don't have those soundtracks... I'm considering it anyway

if_then_else

Apr 28, 2005
It's just too good not to buy it, but I have 3 of those games already, and Amnesia doesn't interest me (I'm way too coward to play it) and I want Superbrothers: S&S for Android when I update my phone this year, so I probably don't buy it for now.

HIB4 was already amazing, they added 7 more games after some days, they'll probably do it in this one too, the value of the bundle will be incredible.

This one will probably out-sell all other bundles easily.

Kermi

Elite Member
Nov 7, 2007
if_then_else said:
It's just too good not to buy it, but I have 3 of those games already, and Amnesia doesn't interest me (I'm way too coward to play it) and I want Superbrothers: S&S for Android when I update my phone this year, so I probably don't buy it for now.

HIB4 was already amazing, they added 7 more games after some days, they'll probably do it in this one too, the value of the bundle will be incredible.

This one will probably out-sell all other bundles easily.
There's still over 13 days left and they're at $1.9 million. Humble Bundle 4 was about 2.3 million. They'll pass that for sure, probably tomorrow.

Patrick Buck

Nov 14, 2011
YES... I was planning to buy Amniesa soon, I also wanted psyconoughts, Bastion looks good, it's for charity, and it's cheaper than buy them indiviually. The only thing that marr's this, is the fact that I know people out there will pay £0.01 for this, which is a bit off, considering it's A: for charity, and B: Cheaper than the games invivually, by quite a damn lot, (Considering what your offer.)

Good deal!

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
The_Lost_King said:
I can't believe someone payed $3,000 for it.
I can't believe no one has payed more.

OT: I already have three of those, much to my great sadness. ;_; But seriously, PSYCHONAUTS. Best bundle EVAR.

Bvenged

Sep 4, 2009
TheKasp said:
Bvenged said:
I paid $12, $5 more than the average - Is that okay?
$2 for Humble, $4 for Child's Play Charity and $6 for the devs to split. That's all for games I would never have bought otherwise (well, maaaaybe Amnesia in a year or two).
As long as you pay 1$ or more (rough number so that you won't create costs for the Humble Bundle guys) and you really think that those games are worth your 12$ it's totally fine.

I wish you a great time with all of those. Bastion and Psychonauts are two of the best games I ever played. Well, if I hadn't played Psychonauts (which is the best game I ever played) last year Bastion would be my game of 2011 ;).
Cheers dude, I look forward to getting around to playing them :D

Ickorus

Mar 9, 2009
I already have most of the games in that bundle so I won't be doing it this time around.

With that said I would very much recommend everyone who doesn't own those games buy it right this second, it'll be worth every penny.

Cheeseman Muncher

Apr 7, 2009
SenorStocks said:
Paid $0.01. Like a boss.
Get out.

On topic: I've been wanting these games for ages but either never had the cash or the time to get them. This is probably the best thing I've spent my money on in recent times. =D