I am not watching Justice League until I see Snyder's Cut of the Movie.

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
Because after doing research on this, Warner Bros. clearly took full advantage of the situation when Snyder left to deal with his Family Problems and hired Joss Wheadon to take on the director's chair. I mean 3 Months Extensive Reshoots of the movie was a certainty enough they wanted to change Snyder's vision of the movie to just be another Avenger's clone.

I have been following Comicbookcast2's videos on this and he showcase some many examples of things that were cut or changed from Snyder's cut of the movie, things that were meant to follow up plot threads established by Batman v Superman, biggest example was that Superman was supposed to come back, but with the Black Suit and a villain (and still has his moustache) and the Green Lanterns were supposed to make an appearence.

In the end I knew this would happen to the theatrical movie when I heard they were not gonna seperated the movie into 2 parts, the massive extensive reshoots done by Joss Wheadon, and that its gonna be reduced to a 2 hour run time instead of 3.

TrulyBritish

Jan 23, 2013
Kenbo Slice said:
I honestly don't think it would be any better.
Basically my thought, when I think of the flaws with Justice League (which I thought was ok) I can't think of anything I'd expect Snyder to have fixed. The only thing was that the film felt too short, with scenes not built up properly. Snyder might have fixed the length, but I can't see his narrative pacing being better.
Plus the idea of the black suited villainous Superman just sounds dumb to me at this point in the DCCU, and there was already enough characters that really needed more filling without adding in the green lanterns.

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
There's 0% chance of seeing a Snyder cut. It would apparently cost millions to complete.

To be frank, the stuff that's missing wouldn't make the movie much better for me. It has its share of flaws, but one of them is the lack of character development for Aquaman, Cyborg, and Supes (Flash does quite well actually). I include Supes, because his resurrection feels a bit rushed as it is, he doesn't need the black suit or anything. Likewise, adding some like Green Lanterns would make the film bloated in the same way BvS was.

The other problem is Steppenwolf. Now, despite the claims of some, he's not the worst comic book movie villain ever (even in the DCEU, he's at least got more depth to him than Incubus), but while he's intimidating to look at and to fight, a longer cut wouldn't change that he's just a big brute with an axe with little character depth. A long cut could alter that, but I doubt it.

To be honest, Justice League is a perfectly average, acceptable, even overall enjoyable film as it is. I could pinpoint almost the exact moment that Whedon took over, but the film feels congruent, I didn't notice any 'moustache issues,' etc. To me, it's a slightly downgraded version of The Avengers, a film I didn't like much either for similar reasons.

Silentpony_v1legacy

Alleged Feather-Rustler
Jun 5, 2013
Kenbo Slice said:
I honestly don't think it would be any better.
Yeah, this. That movie was doomed from the first script. No amount of reshooting, editing, or whatever could have saved it.

WB would have been better scrapping the entire movie, and doing a page-1 rewrite, and filming an entirely new movie. Sure it would have double the cost, but then there would be a chance of another DCEU movie. At this point every other movie is up in the air, with signs pointing towards suspended forever.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
The less Snyderverse these DC movies get the better. I don't know if WB has some sort of multiple movie deal signed with him, because most people hate his take on Superman and now Batman, yet he keeps getting to make them.

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
Casual Shinji said:
The less Snyderverse these DC movies get the better. I don't know if WB has some sort of multiple movie deal signed with him, because most people hate his take on Superman and now Batman, yet he keeps getting to make them.
Do you want DC to be a copypaste of the MCU?

And WB was gonna fire him after BvS:

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Samtemdo8 said:
Casual Shinji said:
No, I just want them to be good movies. Preferably stand-alone titles that have an identity, that have a beginning and an end, and that don't reek of desperately trying to catch up to Marvel. I'd rather they not copypaste anything, but if that's all they can do they should look at their animated series and recent videogames.

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
Casual Shinji said:
Samtemdo8 said:
Casual Shinji said:
No, I just want them to be good movies. Preferably stand-alone titles that have an identity, that have a beginning and an end, and that don't reek of desperately trying to catch up to Marvel. I'd rather they not copypaste anything, but if that's all they can do they should look at their animated series and recent videogames.
Sometimes I wish Superheroes stay as Video Games and Comic Books and Animation, and stop oversaturating the movie theater.

Feb 26, 2014
...Why? Anyway, I wonder how the movie holds up against JL:TAS Secret Origins. I remember loving the first three episodes of JL:TAS, but, you know, nostalgia and all.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
Samtemdo8 said:
Casual Shinji said:
Do you want DC to be a copypaste of the MCU?]
Of course not. The big thing I want from the DCCU is to stop being so goddamn dark, gloomy, and dour.

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
Canadamus Prime said:
Samtemdo8 said:
Casual Shinji said:
Of course not. The big thing I want from the DCCU is to stop being so goddamn dark, gloomy, and dour.
1. And in place of dark, gloomy, and dour you want what? Because me I want epic, Lord of the Rings style epic. With Scene chewing Badassery set the Choir bombing music.

2. If you want to DC to not be dark anymore, get rid of Batman, imagine a DC Universe without Batman?

TheFinish

Grand Admiral
May 17, 2010
Samtemdo8 said:
Canadamus Prime said:
Samtemdo8 said:
Casual Shinji said:
1. And in place of dark, gloomy, and dour you want what? Because me I want epic, Lord of the Rings style epic. With Scene chewing Badassery set the Choir bombing music.

2. If you want to DC to not be dark anymore, get rid of Batman, imagine a DC Universe without Batman?
1. A more upbeat kind of movie? I mean, I loved The Lord of the Rings, but they couldn't be further, both thematically and aesthehtically, than the DCAU if they tried. At the very least, the DCAU could do something actually dark, instead of faux-grimdark that takes itself way more serious than is necessary (with for example, a Question movie. Fat chance though.)

2. Unnecessary. BTAS, Justice League TAS, hell, even the 1989 Batman film; have all showed you can do amazing Batman without being grimdork like the DCAU movies have been. It was a concious stylistic choice independent of character (I mean, the first DCAU Snyder film was Man of Steel, which didn't have Batman in it).

OT: I don't see that it would change much. What happened to Snyder was horrible backroom politicking, but I'm not sure his vision would have been better. Then again, Justice League is tanking hard, so who knows.

Dirty Hipsters

This is how we praise the sun!
Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
There is no Zach Snyder cut of the movie and there never will be.

From what I understand Zach Snyder basically left a skeleton of a movie behind when he departed. They'd finished a lot of the major scenes but few of the connecting tissues, and one of the major reasons for the reshoots was because they had to figure out a way to get those major (and expensive) scenes to fit together while reshooting as little as possible to make everything make sense in the allotted "under 2 hour" run time dictated by Warner Brothers.

They basically did as good a job as they could have done under the constraints that Snyder's original vision and WB's requirements put on them. The movie isn't what I would call good, but it could have been a lot worse, and was more competent than I expected, even if I did hate most of the humor (didn't think it gelled well with the character designs and aesthetic) and did end up breaking down laughing during several of the poorly written "hurry move the plot along" parts that were supposed to be serious.

Frankly speaking though, I don't think that the movie would have been any better had Snyder actually finished it. It would likely have been worse and more non-nonsensical.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
Samtemdo8 said:
Canadamus Prime said:
Samtemdo8 said:
Casual Shinji said:

1. Something similar in tone to Bruce Timm's DCAU would be nice.
2. Once again I refer you to Bruce Timm's DCAU.

PsychedelicDiamond

Wild at Heart and weird on top
Legacy
Jan 30, 2011
I agree. What they did to Snyder's work is just unethical. To be fair, I'm an unapologetic Zack Snyder fqnboy and I loved BvS but giving Snyder's work to a hack like Whedon just... well, the thought makes me very, very sad.

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
Canadamus Prime said:
Samtemdo8 said:
Casual Shinji said:
So...the MCU?

That aside, the DCEU hasn't been any of those things since WW - arguably since Suicide Squad.

Samtemdo8 said:
To be frank, I wouldn't mind that, in as much that (and this is a problem the DC Universe has as a whole in my eyes), is that it makes no sense why Batman is hanging out with actual super-humans. To its credit, Justice League actually brings this up, even if it doesn't fully explore it.