I am really, really sorry

Kurai Angelo

Oct 12, 2009
Bane_Star said:
I think Baneat is referring to the standard practice to beat the cow's brains in with a baseball bat, rather than more humane means. Pigs and Sheep being strung up still alive, their throats cut, so their blood drains out. Both are equally horrid ways to kill an animal, painful, frightful and standard in most abattoirs.
Well you can blame religion for some of the less humane ways of draining an animal of all it's blood.
Yay Halal!

Edit: I've just gone and ruined your spoiler. Sorry!

mjc0961

YOU'RE a pie chart.
Nov 30, 2009
I don't know what disgusts me more: that someone burned a puppy alive and filmed it, or that someone is using the video as a soapbox preach their vegetarian "meat is murder!" bullshit at everyone.

Well, okay, it's the former obviously. The latter is pretty close to being just as disgusting though. Off to flag that video, hope that anon finds the people who did this for authorities, and go set fire to a cow so I can have a hamburger. Except only two of those things will actually happen because this is the real world and not the "meat eaters are satan spawn" world in some vegetarian's head.

Aug 1, 2010
Ok, seriously?

How many times are we going to re-post this video???

I get it, it's terrible (although I won't tell you MY reaction...), but this is just annoying.

Julianking93

May 16, 2009
Tdc2182 said:
And mods, don't even think about bringing that banhammer down on me. It has to be said.
Baneat said:
Quick something else that needs to be said...

Animals for food may have been mistreated in the past, but they're not now. They're rather humanely killed in a way that causes little to no harm to the animal itself.

And this is coming from a gun hating, anti hunting vegetarian. There's no need to bring in the ridiculous argument of "Oh well if it wasn't cute, you wouldn't care"
That's bullshit. It doesn't matter how "cute" it is. It's the fact that it's a completely defenseless and innocent animal that these sick... things are getting enjoyment out of killing.

No "fun" is had at a slaughterhouse when killing thousands of animals to be made into food.
These horrid people (I hate to say 'people') are laughing about, showing obvious signs of being mentally unstable. They need to go away. Forever. Not be casually "whatever'd" at and go on addressing your philosophy on eating meat.

Sorry if that's a bit too harsh but this whole goddamn thread is harsh.

Josue Rodriguez

Jan 4, 2011
MrDeckard said:
Ok, seriously?

I get it, it's terrible (although I won't tell you MY reaction...), but this is just annoying.
I decided to post it because I am alone. I feel angry. and I need to see that the rest of world isn't evil, I need to restore faith in humanity. Dramatic, yeah, maybe. But as a pet owner, I feel like part of me died.

Mr.Numbers

Jan 15, 2011
Baneat said:
tthor said:
Baneat said:
Sorry, hard to get any perspective when food-animals are treated awfully for years and nobody bats an eyelash, then this happens over a few minutes and suddenly there's bloodlust.

Oh but puppies are cute and cows aren't, gotcha.
you can't justify doing nothing simply because you can't do everything.
But if you aren't equally angry over those countless animals abused and slaughtered than the cute puppy, there's things at play clearly affecting your response from a right-wrong to an emotive one with no real just basis to exist.
Leave now. Not the forums, I mean, just this thread. Don't turn an awful, AWFUL act of violence and cruelty and twist it into your misguided political agenda.

Cows bred for slaughter are stunned then put down fast, and used for food so that we may live, a necessity.

This dog was set on fire with petrol and burnt alive, an intelligent Jack Russell puppy fully aware of it the whole time, for someone's entertainment, then put on youtube.

Baneat

Jul 18, 2008
Mr.Numbers said:
Baneat said:
tthor said:
Baneat said:
Sorry, hard to get any perspective when food-animals are treated awfully for years and nobody bats an eyelash, then this happens over a few minutes and suddenly there's bloodlust.

Oh but puppies are cute and cows aren't, gotcha.
you can't justify doing nothing simply because you can't do everything.
But if you aren't equally angry over those countless animals abused and slaughtered than the cute puppy, there's things at play clearly affecting your response from a right-wrong to an emotive one with no real just basis to exist.
Leave now. Not the forums, I mean, just this thread. Don't turn an awful, AWFUL act of violence and cruelty and twist it into your misguided political agenda.

Cows bred for slaughter are stunned then put down fast, and used for food so that we may live, a necessity.

This dog was set on fire with petrol and burnt alive, an intelligent Jack Russell puppy fully aware of it the whole time, for someone's entertainment, then put on youtube.
Fuck it I might actually.

Oh god that animal was burned alive, that's terrible, let's go fuck up the people that did it. I have no political agenda, I just noticed a contradiction in how I was feeling about this terrible thing. It's happened before, it'll happen again, and each time it's sick.

The thread is too emotionally charged I agree for what I put across, I genuinely apologise and please will you all stop sending abusive PMs my way? no really, please? Feel free to show me exactly where my contradictions are, zero abusiveness this time and via PM.

EDIT: This is genuine, I might make a thread later where there isn't a real example muddying the point, but for now any more heavily negative references to me on this thread I regard as attempts to troll me further.

Aug 1, 2010
Josue Rodriguez said:
MrDeckard said:
Ok, seriously?

I decided to post it because I am alone. I feel angry. and I need to see that the rest of world isn't evil, I need to restore faith in humanity. Dramatic, yeah, maybe. But as a pet owner, I feel like part of me died.
I suppose.

Just a little weird that everyone hasn't seen it yet in one of the other two threads.

Kurai Angelo

Oct 12, 2009
Baneat said:
Chill, don't call me names, and think about my point. I find this sick and as abhorrent as you do, but the way I've laid out my reasoning, I can't say I am a meat eater and justify it in any way at all AND declare that this is definitely wrong.

Fact: I get pleasure from eating meat.
Fact: Animals were harmed in the process.
Fact: The animals harmed were defenceless.
Fact: Their death was unneccesary, I'd have less pleasure from a salad but I'd survive just the same.

Analogy - This is an extension of the principles these guys can be judged under. They just took it much further than I'm willing to do or even think about. They got pleasure from burning the dog. The dog was most certainly harmed and defenseless. They would have survived if they didn't light the dog up.

If you were given the choice - I'd pick being immolated over spending years in a cell in moderate pain to have my head chopped off at the end.

"Hmm.. choices" - Animals can't make them.

And cruelty, clarity is needed on this, why is killing animals for tastier food not considered cruel yet injuring them for entertainment is? This seems subjective at best and isn't really morally relevant.

Also: until I find a way round this spin-button shit I might disappear, I'll get back eventually. I'm typing this diagonally and upside down.

I just.. can't call this wrong without contradicting my justification to eat meat, I see no logical basis to do so. If I've made an error in thinking other than the meta-ethical ones that don't have answers, show me what I'm doing wrong, because I really wish it wasn't the case.
I don't disagree that some animal welfare is well below what would be deemed acceptable standards, and yeah, in practice keeping a cow in a space no bigger than a shoe box is just as cruel as burning it alive.

However, when people start banging on about mistreatment of animals they seem to preach under the impression that all livestock is treated as such. This is a load of crap. A lot of places rear animals in an open, nurturing environment and treat them with respect when the time comes for the abbatoir. Plenty of places give animals ample time to live a normal, healthy life outdoors before they are killed.

I'm not saying this then makes it fine for them to die. No one should ever take pleasure in taking something elses life. But, sorry to say it, thats just life. That's the way things are mean't to work. Yeah that's a pretty strong statement to make I know but humans are designed to eat meat whether some people like it or not.

The main difference here is the fact that these kids were taking pleasure purely from the animals death. That is not the same as killing for food. Yes pleasure is taken from the act indirectly, but no one is happy for the act of death of the animal.

Blind77

Jul 2, 2010
tthor said:
Ok. how can we find them? what information do we got on them?
This is meant seriously. What info can we gather on the guy who shot this video?
One of the news sites had the name of the person who filmed the video. Honestly? With just a country and a name there's just one "company" who could track those kids down.../b/.

And that won't even be the first time.

SwagLordYoloson

Jul 21, 2010
Looking at everyone else's reactions makes me wonder if I am secretly insane, unlike what seems to be the majority of the people on this forum I cared little for the dog, but instead I felt sad remembering the video I watched in which bears are kept for their bowl fluids in China, and then the video on how they half slit the necks of cows in Indonesia. Why YouTube? you have the most fucked up shit on your site! worse than bloody themacuser.org and meatspin.com and all the other shock sites.

KoalaKid

Apr 15, 2011
This video has my heart racing, I couldn't stomach to watch the whole thing. I feel such a mixture of emotions, hate, sadness, anger, disgust. the thing I keep asking myself is why? why would anyone do this?

tobi the good boy

Dec 16, 2007
Those 'people' disgust me. I'm genuinely afraid now that if I were to ever witness such 'people' committing such an act n person, I may find myself in jail for murder because I can honestly say this if I wouldn't have been able to put out the fire. I would have strangled at least one of those monsters to death

kingcom

Jan 14, 2009
Baneat said:
Your argument, frankly, has no reasoning other than that they took the same principles further. Stop attacking me and show me how "Mistreatment" and "Immolation" are not just degrees on the same principle scale.
They dont, some do, sure you've just implied everyone everywhere does this and every farm mistreats its animals. That is a horrible horrible generalization, having a friends whose family are beef farmers, I find you pretty disgusting to call people you have never met and have no idea how their lives operate and what actions they take to be mistreating and inflicting pain on defenceless animals.

Hell your even wrong in your original assertions that nobody kicks up a fuss about it, there were news stories and media activity for almost a month when people found out what the imported cows to Indonesia.

Baneat

Jul 18, 2008
kingcom said:
Baneat said:
Your argument, frankly, has no reasoning other than that they took the same principles further. Stop attacking me and show me how "Mistreatment" and "Immolation" are not just degrees on the same principle scale.
They dont, some do, sure you've just implied everyone everywhere does this and every farm mistreats its animals. That is a horrible horrible generalization, having a friends whose family are beef farmers, I find you pretty disgusting to call people you have never met and have no idea how their lives operate and what actions they take to be mistreating and inflicting pain on defenceless animals.

Hell your even wrong in your original assertions that nobody kicks up a fuss about it, there were news stories and media activity for almost a month when people found out what the imported cows to Indonesia.
I KNOW I KNOW READ THE THREAD I'M SORRY

Lono Shrugged

May 7, 2009
Wow something that happens everyday, everywhere is posted on youtube. I know lets get angry at this one bunch of guys instead of going out into our community and trying to do something there about the animal cruelty.

Basically I'm Adrian Veidt and you are all Rorschach, Nite Owl etc.